AN OPEN LETTER TO CD PROJECT RED...

+
Dear CD Project RED,

There is a lot of negativity surrounding the game and things appear to be getting out of hand at the moment. I just wanted to say even though not everyone realizes this, I know what happened wasn't do to greed or malice. I have no way of knowing what happened and I can only guess as to the circumstances/reasons why this happened, but I have absolutely no doubt in my mind you will fix this. Any and all bugs can be fixed, missing features can be added, endings and story elements can be corrected. You are a dev team who always crafted games with love and passion. Even though Cyberpunk 2077 isn't everything you promised us to be, that love still shines throughout the world you created. I will patiently wait for the day you turn this disaster into a badge of honor.

I still believe in you.

Thewarsend.

PS: Please fix the endings, they are unbearably bad. Please don't do what certain other developer did. My hate for them is known.

While I understand your sentiment, I certainly don't share it. This company completely lost my faith.

Lies, deceit and lots of broken promises tend to do that.

I can tell you were referring to bioware and mass effect 3. The way I see it, cyberpunk is no different than mass effect 3 and Bioware and cd project is about the same. They may fix bugs sure, but they will make similar excuses and won't fix the ending or the story. You are fooling yourself if you think they care about customer satisfaction at this point.

I wish all the best for the dev team! The higher ups who made the decisions? Not so much.

That being said. I did love my very first playthrough and the game. I love the characters and the story up until the very end. I wish they would have done better with the two male love interests. And I wish they would have gave endings that promote replayability.
I am angry because I love the game, I used to love the company even after the shitty pull with the console reviews. But after backpedaling on the full nudity, I have no reason to trust them.
And I wanna keep playing the game. But the endings and lack of features to compansate for them makes it impossible atm for me.

While I understand your sentiment, I certainly don't share it. This company completely lost my faith.

I can tell you were referring to bioware and mass effect 3. The way I see it, cyberpunk is no different than mass effect 3 and Bioware and cd project is about the same. They may fix bugs sure, but they will make similar excuses and won't fix the ending or the story. You are fooling yourself if you think they care about customer satisfaction at this point.

Look, I understand why you are upset. I honestly do. But have some faith. They never failed this community before and we have no reason to believe they will now. They made a mistake, it was bound to happen one day or another. Lets give them some time fix things before throwing accusations left and right.

I wish all the best for the dev team! The higher ups who made the decisions? Not so much.

That being said. I did love my very first playthrough and the game. I love the characters and the story up until the very end. I wish they would have done better with the two male love interests. And I wish they would have gave endings that promote replayability.
I am angry because I love the game, I used to love the company even after the shitty pull with the console reviews. But after backpedaling on the full nudity, I have no reason to trust them.
And I wanna keep playing the game. But the endings and lack of features to compansate for them makes it impossible atm for me.

They did some really bad choices, I can't help but agree with that, but I also believe they will listen to the feedback and will improve the game.

Agreeing with OP here.

How CDPR handled TW3 is the only thing keeping my faith in them—and just as the mods (and my wife) have reinforced, CDPR isn’t a company that can handle corporate suicide (as abandoning or not fixing this game would be).

To CDPR Devs:

We don’t blame you—well, I don’t blame you for any of this. Get some rest, you’ve earned it. Once you’re rested, come back and work hard to improve the game—we know you can do it.

To CDPR management:

Now is the time to show everyone you mean what you say, when saying you’re better than these other AAA companies. Prove these people saying you won’t make the game as advertised wrong. Prove me wrong. We will support you, but it’s a two way street. Gotta definitely step up for your consumers and take the time and effort to make the game as marketed—give us an inch, we will give you a mile. All you need to do is tell us what is going on and we will understand.

To Mods:

Love you guys. Keep up the good work.

To shareholders:

Hope you guys didn’t have any hand in the early release, and I hope you guys are on board with CDPR fixing this game. Your bottom line will thank you, I promise.

I can't agree more!

Look, I understand why you are upset. I honestly do. But have some faith. They never failed this community before and we have no reason to believe they will now. They made a mistake, it was bound to happen one day or another. Lets give them some time fix things before throwing accusations left and right.

They did some really bad choices, I can't help but agree with that, but I also believe they will listen to the feedback and will improve the game.

I wasn't even this angry about it until I finished the game. Those endings......... Ughhhhhhh.....

What sane person would think those would befit an rpg game? What the hell they were thinking?

I was caught up in all the hype and didn't even realize my choices had no bearing in the story. Everything is determined beforehand. You cannot change anything. Now I feel like my time was wasted. I wish I could return the game, but Steam wouldn't allow it. I feel cheated.

So you may be right, but I have no more faith left to spare.

I lost all faith in them because to me this was their second chance and I'm not going to give them a 3rd, it's against my principles

A lot of people forget, often conveniently, that this isn't the first time they pulled this bullsh*t ..... They gave us these truly great demos and trailers at E3 for the Witcher 3 and then the end product looked nothing like the trailers did .... and it ran like crap on consoles ...... They eventually made up for it and I naively thought they would actually get it right this time and had learned from their mistakes

I WAS WRONG ..... They didn't learn a damned thing

To me the best case scenario going forward is for Microsoft to buy them out, fire everyone in Upper Management and keep the actual development teams and provide them with some actual leadership rather than the misleadership these poor devs have to put up with now ......

So they make one bad game and you immediately throw them under the bus?
Come on, have a little faith.... everyone makes mistakes but unlike most this one was also affected by covid.

Wait for the next game before making such absolute judgements.
You claim Cyberpunk (first of its kind in the franchise) is the same as ME3 (the third iteration)? thats incredibly naive... might aswell be comparing witcher 1 and witcher 3 and claim they are identical... i bet most people will tell you W3 is miles better.
Post automatically merged:

I lost all faith in them because to me this was their second chance and I'm not going to give them a 3rd, it's against my principles

A lot of people forget, often conveniently, that this isn't the first time they pulled this bullsh*t ..... They gave us these truly great demos and trailers at E3 for the Witcher 3 and then the end product looked nothing like the trailers did .... and it ran like crap on consoles ...... They eventually made up for it and I naively thought they would actually get it right this time and had learned from their mistakes

To me the best case scenario going forward is for Microsoft to buy them out, fire everyone in Upper Management and keep the actual development teams and provide them with some actual leadership rather than the misleadership these poor devs have to put up with now ......

Its actually already been proven in videos that the launch version looks better graphically than the E3 demo.

Only thing you can argue about is performance/features, but not graphics... what we got is much better looking, aslong as you can run it.

I get they ran out of time. The thing I really dislike is their dishonesty, especially with regards to manipulating review scores by not allowing people to see the base console versions. That is without exaggeration some of the worst behaviour I've seen by any company in the gaming industry. A Twitter apology doesn't really cut it - they should be appalled.

Dear CD Project RED,

There is a lot of negativity surrounding the game and things appear to be getting out of hand at the moment. I just wanted to say even though not everyone realizes this, I know what happened wasn't do to greed or malice. I have no way of knowing what happened and I can only guess as to the circumstances/reasons why this happened, but I have absolutely no doubt in my mind you will fix this. Any and all bugs can be fixed, missing features can be added, endings and story elements can be corrected. You are a dev team who always crafted games with love and passion. Even though Cyberpunk 2077 isn't everything you promised us to be, that love still shines throughout the world you created. I will patiently wait for the day you turn this disaster into a badge of honor.

I still believe in you.

Thewarsend.

PS: Please fix the endings, they are unbearably bad. Please don't do what certain other developer did. My hate for them is known.
Bro, I understand your support for CDPR, but it is no longer the studio that created Witcher series. Now share holders have kidnapped the studio and they care about nothing but stock price. They are not the same folks who put their enthusiasm as well as their empathy for players into their creation. That's exactly why they cheat almost every player in their advertisement for 2077. Sorry about that but it's the truth.

As for 2077, I think the game can still be improved because that's only one of the few IPs they have. They will make it better only because that's their only chance to make a big shot and a sh*t load of money. No greed or malice? Cute thought but too good to be true.

So they make one bad game and you immediately throw them under the bus?
Come on, have a little faith.... everyone makes mistakes but unlike most this one was also affected by covid.

Wait for the next game before making such absolute judgements.
You claim Cyberpunk (first of its kind in the franchise) is the same as ME3 (the third iteration)? thats incredibly naive... might aswell be comparing witcher 1 and witcher 3 and claim they are identical... i bet most people will tell you W3 is miles better.
Post automatically merged:

Its actually already been proven in videos that the launch version looks better graphically than the E3 demo.

Only thing you can argue about is performance/features, but not graphics... what we got is much better looking, aslong as you can run it.
That's a load of horse hockey ...... If the Witcher 3 release version looked and played better than the E3 demos the Modders wouldn't have spent 1000's of hours coming up with Mods to make the game look like the demos

E3FX
E3DodgeSystem
E3 Ultra Grass 420
E3Quen
E3 Geralt Hair Physics 60FPS FIX
E3 UI and HUD
E3 Improved Combat Animations
E3 HD Birds Reworked Project
Improved Yennefer (E3 Trailer and DLC Appearance)
The Wisp from E3 2014 Demo
E3 Inspired Gameplay Mod

To name just a few

Dear CD Project RED,

I still believe in you.

Thewarsend.

One more thing, they are currently doing everything they can other than fulfilling what they've promised to save their reputation. Apologize for bugs but not false advertisement, promise a refund but didn't pass sony and microsoft so the platforms can be scapegoats. They haven't even admitted that they cut so many things in the game and no explanation or further promise for their return. I simply can't keep loving this studio just like I won't forgive a cheating but full-of-excuse ex-girlfriend.

:mad::coolstory:

Dear CD Project RED,

I still believe in you.

Thewarsend.

i came here to say the same, so first thank you for your open letter.

second :
Dear CD ProjeKt Red

just THANK YOU , thank you for the awsome game i waited for years. i know there are some people with some problems and they are people with many other problems In their life , not related to the game ( just hater)
but for me the game work fine , it looks awsome , i love the gameplay , the humor , the dark humor , animations , clothing and .... simply everything.
yeah i had some lil bugs too like NPC in T-Pose but im freaking 34 years old i grow up with NPC in T-Pose and i dont care realy about that , its more nostalgic stuff for me xD.
you are still one of the best Dev Teams for me and one of the Teams i trust blindly , becouse i know you care about your games and will fix it and make it good for all the others who have problems.
so carry on , have fun and dont let the kids make you mad.

again: BIG THANK YOU for that awsome awsome game. luv ya CD Projekt Red
and sorry for my bad english

And thats for all the haterS , wish you the very best :D :
photomode_17122020_201949.png

Dear CD Project RED,

...I know what happened wasn't do to greed or malice. I have no way of knowing what happened and I can only guess as to the circumstances/reasons why this happened...

I wont begin to tell you to feel any way other than how you feel, nor will I attempt to shove a red pill down your throat in an attempt to force you to see a reality that most people can't bare to look at. As a human being however out of respect for you as a fellow human being, it may be a good idea to be more cognizant of the psychology behind marketing and corporatism and how it relates to the manipulation of the customers very psyche. Knowledge is power.

First, I am 55 and have been playing RPG's for decades. When Witcher 1 came out i jumped in and have been supporting CD Project Red ever Since. Their Game philosophy and story, culminated with the fantastic timeless release of Witcher 3 wild hunt, Which i have 4000 hrs in. Their bold story telling and execution of adult material and subjects game me hope for a great future. I began supporting GOG to help keep money in CD's pockets.

I have 45 hrs into Cyberpunk ,, I love it but there are things that worry me.

1) Why censor the Nipples on some npc nearly naked in the street? Breaks immersion and is stupid. The gamers you are trying to protect are going to be pissed they're half naked! And the gamers like myself that expect realism will notice the break in continuity and be pissed.
2) Why no full nudity while in the shower or some sceens with V for same reason above?
3) I wish there was a 2 hr background choice setup to help deeepen our connection to V and their previous life path.

Please CD Project remember those that helped get you here! We will support you....We believe in you ..Please Hear us!! Stick to what made you successful to begin with, Over reaching was the death of Bioware!! Learn Please!

PC User and Proud of it!!!

A Loving Fan

Last edited:

Dude this cyberpunk disaster most likely happen because of backlash from witcher 3 about graphics, in case of witcher 3 graphics were downgraded to run smootly on consoles, in case of cyberpunk they didnt downgrad graphics from trailer they went in oposite way and improved graphics by a lot compared to trailer, which come at cost of performance on og ps 4 and xbox one, to make it turn smootly on those consoles they would have to downgrade the graphics from the trailer... alternatively they would have to nerf scale of the game.

Top Bottom