An open letter to the developers and staff of CDPR:

+
An open letter to the developers and staff of CDPR:

Hi! I just wanted to say that I am a huge fan of both your work, and your business ethic. The Witcher 3 is my favorite rpg of all time, and I found your company's approach to DLC incredibly generous, dedicated, and honest. It was truly lovely to see a corporation that cared more about their fans and the integrity of their product than squeezing out every last iota of cash that they could from dlc and microtransactions.

I know you are getting quite a bit of criticism right now, and I just wanted to add my voice to those letting you know that while yes, it does have some current issues, Cyberpunk is a terrific game - and I am having a blast with it. I am not worried about bugs or glitches, even if they interfere with quests and gameplay occasionally - because I have seen that your company cares about its player base, and I have every faith that you will keep working until you are happy with your product. Not only do you make terrific games, but your integrity as a developer means a great deal, to me certainly, and I believe there are many others who feel the same. Don't let the hate get you down. Vulnerability and shame researcher Brene Brown made an astute observation:
“A lot of cheap seats in the arena are filled with people who never venture onto the floor. They just hurl mean-spirited criticisms and put-downs from a safe distance... But when we’re defined by what people think, we lose the courage to be vulnerable. Therefore, we need to be selective about the feedback we let into our lives. For me, if you’re not in the arena getting your ass kicked, I’m not interested in your feedback.”

Most of those spewing hate have no conception of the difficulties involved in creating, building, debugging, marketing, and distributing a massive open-world RPG. (Me included frankly, but I'm glad that you do.)

Whatever else you read and hear online and in the forums, know that you will always have fans and supporters who are touched by your honest and sincere dedication to what you do.
-Scott

Yes, praise CDPR More, More ! The next game we will get there will be not a undeveloped AI but lack of any AI at all. Every NPC in T pose. When they will see that only 30% of players ended the main story line they will again say that it was too long and next they will cut it short to rival games like COD! And when you can play and can get to main screen without crashes it will be easly 9/10, 10/10 game.

If they cared about the playerbase they would not be so many people complaining about state of game, so many refunds it would not be released in such state in the first place.

And I don't care if they are difficulties. It's their job to make it work. Because it is a product that you buy not some charity work. Enjoyed it? Good for you. But don't call people with valid complains haters, because then you too can be labeled as "Fanboy".

Guest 3847602

I don't understand why some people keep treating this triple A company, the biggest in Europe, like an indie developer. It's kinda cringey at this point.
Kinda goes both ways, you also have people who are surprised and disappointed by AAA company not making a very deep, pure-blooded, old-school RPG, a type of game that never had mainstream appeal. They also treat CDPR like the indie studio.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have every faith that you will keep working until you are happy with your product.

Isn't the management already happy with the PC version of the game?

Yes, I am also having a blast with CP2077. But at the same time I hope that some of the more important issues (AI, broken perks, crafting, balance etc.) will be addressed in the future patches. This game should be a solid base for possible DLCs and sequels. I can't wait to find more about what's going on in NC. But I am not willing to start another adventure in the world that is so impressive and yet so undercooked.

What worries me is that CDPR might only fix major bugs and leave the game as it is. That would be a huge mistake in my opinion. That's why I wish them all the best with patching the game. Fingers crossed.

Guest 4520369

Compliments to the developers, programmers and artists. I looked at what it takes to create a video game (engines like Unreal, Godot, etc) and just wanted to create a very simple exploration type rpg. Overwhelming is an understatement. What happens behind the scenes to create even simple processes (walking down a populated street for example) is complex. I have a deep appreciation for just how massive and complicated a game like CP is. Keep up the good work Devs!

What worries me is that CDPR might only fix major bugs and leave the game as it is.

Same. If they consider this a finished product, only in need of a couple of bugfixes, then we have a serious problem - morally and legally. Why? Watch Crowbcat's video on YouTube titled "overpromise, sell, underdeliver Cyberpunk 2077" for the answer. It's painfull but eye-opening.

I agree with the author.I admire Cyberpunk, but not what Adam Badowski suggested and remade. The game would be even more beautiful with a third-person camera view and even if not in cut scenes, but at least in simple walks around the city.We can ride a motorcycle in the third person, but we can't walk in the third person. It's weird and uncomfortable. I don't want to criticize, I play cyberpunk a lot, but simple things like NEW GAME PLUS MODE, third-person camera walking , barber shop finally, walk toggle? I love this game and want to enjoy it, why is it impossible? The answer is simple, there are no obvious game features,or is it just the players ' dreams that will never come true?Сry of the soul..so forgive me if I'm a little rude.

ya1

Forum regular
I found your company's approach to DLC incredibly generous, dedicated, and honest. It was truly lovely to see a corporation that cared more about their fans and the integrity of their product than squeezing out every last iota of cash

So did most people. And then CP77 opened their eyes. This next gen game should've never been released on last gen but that's where the money was. So they invested work hours into making it happen (and are still doing it). Hype after W3 was real so in order to capitalize on it to the max, they invested money into this grand marketing machine (Keanu, high profile musicians, commercials). And they ended up with AI so underdeveloped that cars cannot overtake and things have to teleport behind your back because that's the cheapest solution. Then to be able to release it on last gen (which they failed), they started to cut content but didn't even have time to clean up leftovers. Game mechanics is unfinished, perks were just left there half-done and not working, there are fake stats that do nothing, probably never even attempted to be finished. And then they forbade the press from using their own footage before the release. And then they committed one of the buggiest releases ever in history.

This kinda thing , on this kinda scale , is actually unprecedented. PS Store removed the game, there were lawsuits from investors, and even Polish consumer rights agency got involved. And from the point of view of how players were treated, not even EA, Ubisoft or no other giant in the video gaming corporate world ever got close to this level of hypocrisy. So please wake up. It's not spewing hate. These are facts. CDPR is no saint. It's just another company out there to make as much money as possible and not caring in the least about what you or I think unless it translates into profit.

Most of those spewing hate have no conception of the difficulties involved in creating, building, debugging, marketing, and distributing a massive open-world RPG.

Making video games is hard. This is no argument. Making shoes is also hard. So when someone sells you shoes with no soles - because that's cheaper to make - after he invested everything into making everyone believe he got the best shoes...

Last edited:
I love the game and it is very immersive, i really like the futuristic feel of night city and the characters you meet throughout, i got a copy for X Box One S, even though I was skeptical after seeing reviews and glitches flood YouTube. i was not faced with as many glitches as some seem to have had, there where a few minor ones but getting the game installed was my main issue as disc two simply would not read! so i had to resort to downloading through the x box app,

one thing I will say though is the game feels undercooked I don't rush games, so i was pretty surprised when i hit the point of no return, i know its going to take time to address the issues and glitches but I agree the game could be sooooooo much more

I really hope further content, maybe including cut content will eventually be implemented, I'm not to fussed about multiplayer but more missions, new cars, NPC behavior/Police System improvements and making it easier to earn money through the game is what i would like to see ......but the glitches and problems have to be sorted out first and that includes regaining our trust moving forward

Last edited:
the things that initially steered me toward this game was the character creation. Or rather The promised character creation. Frankly the finished product is downright depressing And I mean that sincerely. the character creation and clothing is a massive letdown. We really need this and other cut content. I don't want to watch this company or this game die because of broken promises. And unfortunately most of this game is CD projekt trying to make it look like they made good on promises that were so obviously broken.

Last edited:
I support the sentiment in the open letter but I don't think CDPR needs it necessarily. Operating a successful business in a creative market requires processes and a culture that understands criticism, and is able to separate genuine feedback from the unthinking dogpiling that open platforms and social media engender.

The business will be, I think, pretty happy with Cyberpunk 2077. 13 million copies sold, by late December, after refunds, and already highly profitable by that point. There's a lot more sales than there is hate, is how I think they'll be looking at it.

I want to echo my own thought with the OP, but I want to add, that despite some of negative critique in social media, Cyberpunk 2077 is business wise very successful launch, especially for a new brand. While technical issues are pity Cyberpunk 2077 is very clear evidence that single player story driven games are still profitable business and that there's audience for content covering real life like mature topics.

I do not believe every studio is anywhere near capable achieving what Cyberpunk 2077 did in terms of substance. By substance I mean also motion capture work, voice acting, directing, management in terms that someone had to have guts to greenlight some of the most creative and clever problem solving done in game and other talent product is showcasing. In context of business I do not believe capability to deliver something like this is strictly a matter of budgets, but how business is geared and certain dynamics.

I believe Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be a classic, though perhaps controversial one, not because of bugs at launch. Controversial doesn't always necessarily mean negative outcome at all. I don't think success of Cyberpunk 2077 is tied to percentages of percentage, like perhaps many products in lottery of saturated market.

CP77 letdown unprecedented? Maybe in the duration for which it was hyped but not unprecedented. Anthem is just one example.
Several companies have preceded CDPR with arguably more 'malicious intend'.

CP77 letdown unprecedented? Maybe in the duration for which it was hyped but not unprecedented. Anthem is just one example.
Several companies have preceded CDPR with arguably more 'malicious intend'.
say what you will, but not allowing reviewers to show their own gameplay footage of the game was shady even compared to EA, I don't think they ever did that lol

Top Bottom