Analogue Stick camera Inversion Also Affects Lock-On Target Selection (resolved in Remaster)

+
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/7jhvtm
If I invert the camera controls, the Target Selection when locked on to an enemy also inverts (pressing Left on the Right Analog Stick causes the game to switch to the enemy to the Right of the one that is currently selected, for example). How do I disassociate Lock-On Target Selection from camera inversion? I want to invert both camera axis, simultaneously, without affecting target selection while locked on to enemies (I want nothing inverted when trying to change target).

When you lock on to an enemy and press Right on the right-analog stick you will switch to the next target to the right, correct? If I invert the X (horizontal) axis on the camera and lock on to a target, pressing Right on the right-analog stick will instead select the next enemy to the left because the controls have been inverted. The same issue happens with Up and Down when inverting the Y (vertical) axis.

I want to be able to invert the camera without simultaneously inverting the lock-on target selection system. "The Surge" gives the choice to have lock-on targeting affected by camera inversion which is fantastic. Many (all?) other games simply don't tie the target-lock targeting system to camera inversion, which is also a good alternative (though making it a setting like The Surge would be better from an accessibility perspective).

Last edited:
I tried the game for the first time yesterday and also ran into this issue, which lead to me getting a refund on Steam. I couldn't find a fix anywhere, and as Steam only allows refunds for two hours of playtime or less, I decided to just leave it for now in hopes that it'll get fixed somewhere down the line. As the devs are working on the PS5/XSX versions of the game now, perhaps they can fix this, too (there are countless other issues, of course, but this is a fundamental flaw in the game's very settings).

This definitely needs to be corrected. Camera inversion should affect only the camera and nothing else. I also had this issue with Persona 5 Strikers recently. However, in most games I've played, inverting the x-axis of the camera did not affect target selection.

Last edited:
Another bump now that the next-gen version has been announced. I hope that CDPR improves the control settings and fix issues like this. Here's my wishlist on Steam.

Terrific, great job by CDPR. No controller remapping in the patch notes, but at least it's possible on PC by changing the input file. There's even an online remapping tool.

The question that now remains is if camera inversion affects aiming, too. Hopefully, CDPR now knows that camera inversion should only affect the camera, as it says. Fixing aiming inversion through Steam Input is relatively easy, however, it can be done with either action layers or chorded buttons. Could anyone with the game confirm if inverting the camera also inverts aiming?

This change means that Franpa and I, at least, will be able to play the game without issues, so thank you a lot, CDPR.

Top Bottom