analysing ST top cards

+
analysing ST top cards

I have been facing ST quite a lot recently, and in ranked, they seems to be doing quite well, at least at rank 19. And I think it's all because of a few really strong play available to them. And I can list some of them now:
Iorveth: meditation
The guy that make people duel each other:
I worked out that if you get one guy that is just less than 2/3 of another, you can get really good value out. So say you play a 13 spy, and they have a 8 str unit, they will end with 1. 8-13 > 8 -5 > 3-5> 3-2 > 1-2 > 1-1 >0-1. That is 20 plus a 2 body. And that is when you force a strong unit on them. If they have something bigger, like ciri nova or a bear, you can get a high potential out of it.
Can be a bit situational if your opponent just do loads of weak cards.. but then, you have:
Ithlinne! Save a thunder and tremor in your deck, and if they swarm you, wait till they have at least one 1 strength and one 2 strengths unit (skirmish them down if need be), and double tremor can get like 30+ points! Even double thunder is a 20 pt play.
If you prefer buffing yourself, isengrim outlaw is a nature's gift on a two body, works fairly well with horns. That is a bit weaker than most. But with eithne, you can replay whatever.
Aglais is 9 plus a spell from opponent, if it is a horn, that's 29. Expired ale is 27, even a simple ale is 21...
You have the dwarf combo for your silver. Barclay, hattori, Paulie and Dennis. Just add spy and that's 5/6 slot sorted.
With agitator, volunteer, skirmisher and guard, you have some very strong bronze as well that can come back many times.
So if I have the cards, I would build:
Brouver
Meditation
Ithlinne
Aglais
Decree
Marching order
Barclay
Hattori
Paulie
Dennis
Spy
3 X agitator
3 X volunteer
3 X skirmisher
3 X guard
1 X thunder
1 X tremor
1 X recon

If your draw is reasonable, you have answer for most things!
What would be the main weakness of this?

This deck is pretty bad if you consider the full potential of dwarves right now. You are thinning your deck in a deck that doesn't really want to completely thin. Much better to pick up officers for swap instead of thin. Volunteers are garbage. Without set up they are a 9 play. Literally any other bronze can do better than that and they take up 3 slots in your deck. That's just crap whichever way you slice it. I don't know why people play them.
Thunder is okayish but not really. It's basically just an answer to some combos. You never want to Ithlinne into thunder unless you are at turn 3. Otherwise tremor is the shit always. Dennis sucks as a silver when compared to other silvers.
Aglais can be sweet if it finds the perfect spell but usually from what I've seen it pretty much always picks up stone and that is an rng card. I'd rather have guaranteed value and not rng.
Skirmishers and guards are awesome but you don't want 3 of them. With agitators + resurrections you don't want more than 2 I'd say.
I see no smugglers in a meta that is basically all swarm. Every single faction swarms and you run no smugglers.
Like I said in the beginning. This deck is really bad when you compare it to decks that fully employ the power of Brouver.
I mean, marching orders. l o l. what the hell is that even doing there?

Top Bottom