Analyzing the trailer

+

Braag

Forum veteran
Analyzing the trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-the-witcher/63501?type=flvSo here's what I've gathered so far after reading the article at Gamespot, there isn't much and I'm not sure about few things so I thought maybe we could share our insights.First off the most obvious thing the logo has slightly changed as you can see here:
The Gamespot article mentioned something about a new villain called "Kingslayer" I recon this is him?
It also mentioned another villain called Iorveth who is apparently a hateful elf spy, I guess this is him:
And here it looks like Iorveth has taken a beating judging by the scar on his face
Here's three characters, one of them is obviously Geralt another one seems to be Triss I think. But I have no idea who that guy on the left is.
Also here you can see him carry Triss away, maybe she's injured?
This is a pretty interesting scene. Dandelion, Zoltan and some random guy on the far right who I don't know are being hanged while Geralt is in the scene too he doesn't seem to be in trouble though.
Here you see Geralt fighting against Drowners I think. At least they look like drowners.
And here it looks like Geralt is executing a stealth kill. Are they implementing some sort of stealth mechanics? Also notice how Geralt's swords are not crossed anymore and they are actually sheathed this time.
Geralt and Triss getting it on. So they still seem to have a relationship.
Last but not least the hidden message in the trailer.

This is a pretty interesting scene. Dandelion, Zoltan and some random guy on the far right who I don't know are being hanged while Geralt is in the scene too he doesn't seem to be in trouble though.where are they?i can't see the pictures.thanks

Brag said:
Here's three characters, one of them is obviously Geralt another one seems to be Triss I think. But I have no idea who that guy on the left is.Also here you can see him carry Triss away, maybe she's injured?
This gamespot article has anwsers. The other guy is Vernon Roche, a member of Foltest's military, sent along Geralt and Triss on a mission to Aedrin. Triss is not exactly injured, just overexhausted from casting a powerful spell.I thank you for your timeGorthuar of MirtheMaster of Arcane Magick

Braag

Forum veteran
gorthuar said:
gorthuar said:
Here's three characters, one of them is obviously Geralt another one seems to be Triss I think. But I have no idea who that guy on the left is.Also here you can see him carry Triss away, maybe she's injured?
This gamespot article has anwsers. The other guy is Vernon Roche, a member of Foltest's military, sent along Geralt and Triss on a mission to Aedrin. Triss is not exactly injured, just overexhausted from casting a powerful spell.I thank you for your timeGorthuar of MirtheMaster of Arcane Magick
I must've missed that part.I still wonder how the events of first game impact the second one. Since there were 3 endings in the last game. I guess it follows the story from the ending where you decide to stay neutral between the nonhumans and order of the flaming rose.

Witcher 2 look very nice. I just cant wait for it. Hopefully the release is not too far away. Will it be available in stores 2010? I'd love to get my copy as soon as possible. Thank you CD Projekt Red you are awesome like us PC Gamers. :peace:

Thank god, i hate in Heroes when the monsters were looking totally different in Heroes I and Heroes II and so .... :hmmm:

After the Gamespot video and the screens released, I'm excited about the new graphic issues, and I can't look forward to see this game. Anyway, I agree, the new Geralt's look is not so tasty, but I think that it really vanished compared to all the enchanting new thingies released in this 2 movies. Thanks a lot for the screens and the infos you posted here, guys! :peace:

PanKarol said:
Those monsters are not drowners. They are something totally new.
Oh thank god :DI killed so many drowners in the first one I still see them in my dreams.

the crossed swords looked actually pretty good in TW1. had an iconic look, maybe this is more practical for drawing the sword but it sure doesn't look so ace :)

As much as I liked Dandelion and Zoltan I would have preferred to see more characters from the books. I only know of a few, but I would have loved to see Mother Nenneke or Stregobor instead of Zoltan.And a little off-topic question: Could the CDProjekt staff please move the Ask the Dev thread to this sub-forum where it is more relevant?

So I really like the music in the trailer, but it doesn't sound similar to the Skorupa stuff from the original game. Is this a song from the actual soundrack or is it something else they used just for the trailer? Anyone know?

KINGSLAYER : Your beast nabbed his "NECKER". Time to go! - second TRAILER. Ok so that horned creature with the thick neck is called a necker ? (Maybe a hanged man who comes to life?)

Also the Kingslayer is a head taller than the elf, the elves as i recall from the lore are the tallest humanlike creatures around.Those daggers at his belt suggest some unusual agility to such a powerfull looking creature.(a result of an experiment, perhaps he didn't want to take part ? :hmmm:)

Top Bottom