And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any official communication from CDPR devs since this aberration came out regarding the overwhelming negative response? Or are they covering it all up with the apparent sucess of TB?

Come on, there are a lot of good ideas in this iteration of the beta.
Yeah, but not for a 150+ men team. I thought they had third of this, because they dont test any steps between HC and Beta. But with this menpower i expect much more, then an okish cardgame. And even so, there are more abd then good ideas in HC. And i dont believe, the next update will change anything about my most critical points. Maybe some balancing changes, most likely just provions costs. Best would be some new cards. But you know what? I dont even care for new cards, because the base is the thing i dont like.

Come on, there are a lot of good ideas in this iteration of the beta. Just quit for a while and come back for a christmas surprise :)
I have tons of fun with completely different decks. Well maybe it`s because I play only casual atm :)
cy in space....

I tried playing casual today and yesterday with some meme decks (Emhyr Shupe, Olaf-Hym combo) and have fun, but I kept hitting the same control Eithne, Woodland Spirit big monsters, Voorhis reveal, and Bran beast netdecks. I even won a couple games!

I just hope they have another balance fix until I finish Thronebreaker and/or Artifact is released.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, but not for a 150+ men team. I thought they had third of this, because they dont test any steps between HC and Beta. But with this menpower i expect much more, then an okish cardgame.

The majority of the team are artists, programmers and QA. I don't think they have more than 5-8 game designers and/or producers. The real question is, why did they have to rework 80% of the cards and leaders (often giving one card's ability to another) instead of fixing broken cards and buffing the unplayable ones.

The real question is, why did they have to rework 80% of the cards and leaders (often giving one card's ability to another) instead of fixing broken cards and buffing the unplayable ones.

Well, Iam still thinking about it.. my answer would be Greed.
Gwent wasnt earning money, and CDPR was not happy, so they give an order.
And if Iam right, they just fall on same level as EA.

It really doenst matter to me, if Gwent would have been abaddoned to die, or changed to Homecoming - outcome is the same - this game is dead

Yeah, but not for a 150+ men team. I thought they had third of this, because they dont test any steps between HC and Beta. But with this menpower i expect much more, then an okish cardgame. And even so, there are more abd then good ideas in HC. And i dont believe, the next update will change anything about my most critical points. Maybe some balancing changes, most likely just provions costs. Best would be some new cards. But you know what? I dont even care for new cards, because the base is the thing i dont like.
Isn't that crazy. I thought maybe a 20 person team was working on it originally.
Post automatically merged:

It really doenst matter to me, if Gwent would have been abaddoned to die, or changed to Homecoming - outcome is the same - this game is dead
I would be willing to pay monthly to play a tweaked beta version than have it shutdown. I think many other people would too if the price was right. I'm still playing more beta gwent than red dead 2 at the moment

Gave it another go after the hotfix and now Gwent seems playable. What bothers me the most is that all games follow the same pattern. It doesn't matter what deck I'm playing and against what deck I got queued up. Both players drop their plain and simple boost/damage cards, maybe thin (witchers!), maybe play some point vomit... and then come last turn R3 each player smashes his big boi play and we see what happens. There's very little strategy invloved and most plays seem rather meaningless. Which comes down to the arena feeling I mentioned in my PTR feedback which in turn is caused at least partially by lack of depth and cards supporting specific archetypes (which leads to the inclusion of filler cards and often 10+ neutrals). I'm interested enough to spend 30-40 minutes getting my 6 rounds every other day, but that's about it. Gotta wait till the December patch or most likely the 1st expansion. It feels like we're doing beta 2.0.

If they were greedy, they could reset all players' collections instead of giving everyone scraps. Personally I got almost 700k.

And again, Thronebreaker is amazing. All these new mechanics work perfectly there. But it's a shame they had to break Gwent to do that.

Kingblacktoof who has been in the community forever and a true lover of all things gwent just posted a lengthy video regarding how he is basically done with homecoming (not exactly in those words) but lists all the same issues many of us have been taking about. He is bummed and sad to see this from someone as passionate about the game as him. This is rough as the big names are baffled by the changes... Well I'll leave it at that for now. Best to you all.

If they were greedy, they could reset all players' collections instead of giving everyone scraps. Personally I got almost 700k.

And again, Thronebreaker is amazing. All these new mechanics work perfectly there. But it's a shame they had to break Gwent to do that.
thats just a consequence of such decision. If they did not give some generous gift, most of ppl would have left.. a lot of ppl including me invested real money.. even if they would return all bought items..

Some fresh high-level Gwent analytics from champ Freddybabes. He makes reasonable arguments.
Lol. Is that the same person who streamed Starcraft after the disaster that Artifact tournament was? The same person who called Artifact "The best card game ever" before the tournament? Is that the same person who made same complaints after open PTR as he did after closed PTR although many things were changed in open? That person? Ok.

Yeah, it's this guy that turned into perhaps the best Gwent player out there and has more Gwent tournaments won than anyone else.

Happens to be the same person
It doesn't matter if he won a few tournaments. He was prob one of the best Gwent tournament players, yes. That is far from best Gwent players overall. That's one.
Second, his opinion on Gwent is irrelevant now: he prob had the worst exit, decided to do that long ago (as you could see from his comments about stuff that wasn't even there anymore in open PTR). Money was his choice and quality of the game had nothing to do with it.

P.S. How come that he doesn't stream "the best card game ever" anymore? Or is it to wait until the storm after the tourney stream will pass?

Seems the same irrelevant opinion is valid to a vast majority of Gwent players. Money or not.
No, don't lie. There's no vast majority. And you did not just say that money does not play a big role. Please, tell me you didn't

Cause that game is not around anymore.
No, he was calling that Artifact before the tournament. The same tournament that was hyped so hard before, people were waiting a year to see that. And the same tournament that lost more than a half of its (from measly 22k to 8k) viewers during the stream. That tournament and FAQ caused an uproar among the Artifact fans. Because, among other things like insane amount of RNG - it's basically an RNG card game, that is a pay to play and pay to win game with draconian economy. But yeah, Freddy said it's the best game ever so, it must be true.

Sure. Just look around all the different topics around - it's vastly positive, filled with rainbows and roses. That is until you pick your head out of... you know.
I mean, if you're not a hater and whiner, you probably spend most of your time playing. Oh, wait... wrong address I suppose. Also, do you have any proof to support "the vast majority" claim? No? Ok.

Nothing to answer about Freddy? So I thought.

Now, I advise you better pull your head out of your... you know what and stop making me present you with facts but learn those on your own.

P.S. But I assume nothing would ever change hating and whining so I don't have high hopes.

Last edited:
I mean, if you're not a hater and whiner, you probably spend most of your time playing. Oh, wait... wrong address I suppose. Also, do you have any proof to support "the vast majority" claim? No? Ok.

Nothing to answer about Freddy? So I thought.

Now, I advise you better pull your head out of your... you know what and stop making me present you with facts but learn those on your own.

P.S. But I assume nothing would ever change hating and whining so I don't have high hopes.
I hope you are enjoying your head being where it is. Meanwhile I'm still sad that a game I loved and played so much is no more, replaced by this atrocity of removal BS fiesta.

And what do you want me to tell you about Freddy? Maybe look at his mood when he speaks about Homecoming. The guy is sad for the state of the game as the VAST MAJORITY of people who are HATERS and COMPLAINERS that are saying that this BS game is broken as f**k, BORING and FRUSTRATING to play on top of that. Should every single streamer (from the few that are left) make a video about what is wrong with this and each and every one to consist of the same points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom