And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any intersting decks to play?

It's the first time I have much more scrap than I know what to do with, and no interest in anything.

Nilfgaard is dead. Probably the least intersting faction. ST is just spam artifacts. What else is there?

You do enter the wrong thread,
But here have a look, maybe you can find some good decks here.

But why do this, when we have PROVISIONS. PROVISIONS which since patch number 1 they show they don't know how to exactly use to fix their game.

Provisions is a tricky system that will kill the variety of the game. They could make a ton of deck synergies possible and stronger lowering the provision costs The question is, if you are not constrained by provisions, why have them at all in the first place?

The alternative is to pump up provision costs forcing you to put a bunch of useless fillers. That's a hit on deck consistency and a hit to deck building creativity because, as long as one of the cards you want to use on your crappy fun deck is meta, be sure that it'll be hard to use.

The provision system should go away, but while it's here, and with the little variety there is specially on bronze cards, increasing the provision cost of even one relevant card is terrible for the game, whether it's a competitive or a fun deck.
Post automatically merged:

Any intersting decks to play?

It's the first time I have much more scrap than I know what to do with, and no interest in anything.

Nilfgaard is dead. Probably the least intersting faction. ST is just spam artifacts. What else is there?

I had a ton of things pending to be tried on the old version, came the new and have a ton of scraps and most of them are still there. There aren't fun decks to try because provisions are limiting pretty badly the ability to shuffle a few good cards with a few average ones to make something different. Each nerf just makes it worse.

Unfortunately, I will have to echo the people leaving. After being devoted to Gwent through its beta ups and downs, I cannot fathom how they can take all the effort towards progress of the original iteration, completely scrap that, create an entirely NEW game and not only slap 'Gwent' on it but subtitle it Homecoming?! Is it just me or when they announced 'Homecoming' did you not think that there would be major changes, but that it essentially would be the progress of the beta refocused and streamlined back to some of what had been lost from the original Witcher 3 version?! I mean everyone knows what homecoming means right? A return home. How in the hell is creating a completely new game remotely returning to roots?

Its the right thing to do to bring back the previous version of Gwent, but I fear there is no chance of that happening and it pains me to say that CDPR should really be ashamed at how they handled this whole thing. Way to take something that had become a surprise hit and smother it slowly and methodically. RIP Gwent.

! Is it just me or when they announced 'Homecoming' did you not think that there would be major changes, but that it essentially would be the progress of the beta refocused and streamlined back to some of what had been lost from the original Witcher 3 version?! I mean everyone knows what homecoming means right? A return home. How in the hell is creating a completely new game remotely returning to roots?

I guess Homecoming just sounds good from a marketing perspective...esspecially after the midwinter fiasco. I initially thought they'd create some sort of improved closed beta/earlier open beta version. That's why I was super hyped at first after the HC announcement. Couldn't imagine that it would end like this.....

The hand limit is such a terrible idea. Choosing the right time to pass has always been one of gwent's most important skills. Now passing is completely useless for several turns.

Thats not right, its just the meta which settlet the way. Like the meta ebfore, were you play tempo and if you are ahead you pass (most times).
Right now, this time just moved to later turns, but you still can pass early, to avoid beeing crushed later. The same skill is needed, as far as i can tell.

This Patch is uninspiring (slow drab +/-1 fixes) & again I'm doubtful if I even want to play this season or game again.

I'm not sure why I should waste my time honestly - but I probably will. I managed to hit rank 4 despite loathing the game last season, so I guess I might as well get to Pro. Although, after I hit my goal I don't know if I'll bother continuing.

You wouldn't expect a slight change to Damned Sorceress reach would mean all that much - but it does, oh but it does. If you are playing against NRs, here's a pro-tip, play all your units in the back-row. There are a brilliant amount of bronzes that only have 1 reach in NRs which is just fantastic cause they are usually the only units that can do actual damage to your opponent.

I've expressed my opinions on the new Gwent elsewhere eariler when it launched on PC. My old post can be looked up to see what I mean similar to the OP here... boring characters.. un-unique abilities, not fun or exciting building decks..

To be honest without full details as the console version has the same issues with the PC version...

it sucks. I kind of hate it. I'll give it a shot and try it out some... but really.. I hate it. This game feels like the beta and the old version felt like the proper successor.

Side notes.. I hate the card animations ( not the unit art but the drawing/play etc.) I don't like the overall feel of the interaction with the game.. I really hate the single player mode and 2d pictures / script / everything to do with the game that's not just playing the card game. These are all things that are mostly preference/ can be fixed. Main issue is above.

Point is.. I played Gwent for countless hours.. I can't see myself playing this version beyond a week and its' very sad to think I'll never get to play the old version again.. just.. because.

I'd be happier if CD Project red could allow us to have the old version back.. I don't care if it's unsupported for future bugs or whatever.. it was just straight up more fun. More interesting. I even miss just playing practice mode against the weak AI just to watch cards interact. I'd be happier playing that than this version.

It really blows that something I used to have and liked is gone forever. I hate that things are tied to the internet now days.. if I want the old version to play offline, it should be possible.

Sigh, Sorry ProjectRed, I can't see myself supporting what you've done to the game.

Thats not right, its just the meta which settlet the way. Like the meta ebfore, were you play tempo and if you are ahead you pass (most times).
Right now, this time just moved to later turns, but you still can pass early, to avoid beeing crushed later. The same skill is needed, as far as i can tell.

In one of my recent posts I listed around 20 competitive decks (rank 20-21 viable) by the time Gwent OBT ended (October 2018). Only a part of those were strictly tempo (reveal Calveit, veterans, NG Handbuff). Some were mixed engine-tempo (Foltest w/ Knight elects, witch hunters and Dijkstra into Kaedweni knights), some were mixed removal-tempo (Eithne Shupe, Henselt machines, dwarves with Ithlinne, Triss and thunders), some only had tempo if their engines worked (consume, greatswords), some were entirely engine based (axemen, bloodmoon werewolves).

Unfortunately gwentup had a redesign, so I don't have the data to back up my words, but all of those decks used to have 46-54% winrate at 3900+ MMR. I also played all of those decks during the summer, and every one of those was much more fun to play than everything Homecoming can offer. Well, except for maybe autopilot decks like GS, consume and reveal. But even those were fun since you had different opponents, not only Eithne, Morvran, Woodland Spirit and Crach.

I remember how I was excited for HC release and anticipation for new and fun decks to play. Yeah, be careful what you wish for...
Post automatically merged:

Side notes.. I hate the card animations ( not the unit art but the drawing/play etc.)

They removed "jumping" boobs animation from Ves! Who does that in the Witcher game? What's next, PEGI 7 rating?

They removed "jumping" boobs animation from Ves! Who does that in the Witcher game? What's next said:
LOL. I was more referring to even the animations of the hazard effects and overall art style.. the leaders.. don't like any of it.. BUT again I'll cite personal preference and set that disappointment aside for the overall... well... massive disappointment the rest of this game is.

Old artwork for premium cards or even the standards were great. I'll will keep a look out for boob / lack of boob animations until I inevitably uninstall the game. I will continue to give it a fair shake for a bit ... but it's pretty awful. I don't see myself keeping it up.

They removed "jumping" boobs animation from Ves! Who does that in the Witcher game? What's next, PEGI 7 rating?

:eek: What!? *checks out Ves in the deckbuilder* Nope, the jiggly boobs physics are still here. You gave me quite the scare, dammit.

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I put the game back to try this patch, first try weather deck, is terible, high cost, low tempo, agility everywhere, i had to use spears instead. :mad:
So i changed to handbuff, swordmasters no longer buff, just a dwarf instead of braen which makes the arhetype handicaped and draw dependant and i can buff him with agitators, BUT WHY THE HELL ARE THOSE ROW LOCKED AND REQUIRED TO BUFF JUST DWARFS, double requirement, omg, who designed this abomination :mad:

:eek: What!? *checks out Ves in the deckbuilder* Nope, the jiggly boobs physics is still here. You gave me quite the scare, dammit.

I am sure her animation was different upon HC release. They have probably fixed it in the last update. Or there was some kind of bug on my side.

Anyway, it turns out there are some good changes for HC!

The current state of Gwent affairs is quite well reflected in Kingsize, the Polish comedy by Machulski. There is a quote that fits like a glove to cdprojekt. 'We know, old Gwent players do not love us. But we will love them for so long, until they finally love us'. Well, I personally wouldn't be so sure about it.

Hi, PS4 player here, I registered to these forums just to say this...

WHAT
HAVE
YOU
DONE

I used to play Gwent almost daily for a year, it was such a great game to play in between your daily goings, while having breakfast, or just when you have some spare time to kill. Homecoming feels like a chore, it's so slow and underwhelming. Cards feel weak and basic, 50% of the cards seem like they either damage or heal units, the rest only allow for some basic strategies. Gwent was a game where you could assemble a deck with some crazy deep strategies and have games with some really cool and exciting twists depending on your opponent and some luck. Now it's become this drag, playing a match almost feels like work. I was so excited to buy/play Thronebreaker, but if the mechanics are like Homecoming I'll pass for sure (can any other players confirm this?). Such a shame, I hope they'll release a classic version soon because just the idea of starting a game in Homecoming is already making me yawn.

Last edited:

2ob93i.jpg

The current state of Gwent affairs is quite well reflected in Kingsize, the Polish comedy by Machulski. There is a quote that fits like a glove to cdprojekt. 'We know, old Gwent players do not love us. But we will love them for so long, until they finally love us'. Well, I personally wouldn't be so sure about it.
i will check this one out. sounds like a good comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom