And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've uninstalled now, for a while at least. Not sure why but after a few games of win/lose, it then just feels like everything goes against me. I've posted a couple of screenshots as to what I see far too regularly. I cannot be bothered to keep posting screenshots - it's un-enjoyable enough with copy/pasting every 10 minutes!!

I've uninstalled now, for a while at least. Not sure why but after a few games of win/lose, it then just feels like everything goes against me. I've posted a couple of screenshots as to what I see far too regularly. I cannot be bothered to keep posting screenshots - it's un-enjoyable enough with copy/pasting every 10 minutes!!
@nedders, seriously you may the player with the hardest lucks in the game. It was painful to see your deck. I usually have 2 or 3 Golds and that hurt me a lot. But to have 5 Golds in the deck is sheer hard luck. I am not sure why it always happens to you, but I really feel your pain of misfortunes that happen to you in large scale.

You mentioned that you have only Birna. When playing SK, why not add Skald(s) and the 2 power 4 provision guy like EVERY OTHER SK DECK? Make use of that may be your Deck in R3 may not be this bad. Hopefully by the next time you come back, you will have a better luck. Good luck mate.

@nedders, seriously you may the player with the hardest lucks in the game. It was painful to see your deck. I usually have 2 or 3 Golds and that hurt me a lot. But to have 5 Golds in the deck is sheer hard luck. I am not sure why it always happens to you, but I really feel your pain of misfortunes that happen to you in large scale.

You mentioned that you have only Birna. When playing SK, why not add Skald(s) and the 2 power 4 provision guy like EVERY OTHER SK DECK? Make use of that may be your Deck in R3 may not be this bad. Hopefully by the next time you come back, you will have a better luck. Good luck mate.

Bud, trust me, I've tried that and just end up with Skalds and nothing to discard, then I'll mulligan them out and pick up a Skirmisher (2 power 4 provision guy)!!! Happened so often I just got sick of it.

In the end before I uninstalled I just threw Derran in as for 3 provs less he's more reliable than Birna as you can choose what hits the graveyard. Couple it with the Svlablod Flamenica and it adds a lot of value to Morkvarg for far less. Bear in mind i was running Eist because he's more fun and has some cool combo's with Summoning Circle, Heimdall, Hjalmar, Knut, Jutta, etc., etc. Best deck in the game, IMO; I was close to having something really enjoyable, just needed some tweaks.

But worse than that was just the constant unfairness; check the second screenshot where a non-thinning NR deck, with NINE cards still in the deck, was able to play pretty much their 'A' game hand in R3. I had nothing to retaliate with; if I'd been against a computer it couldn't have worked out worse.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
In that case a few good engines in the game too. Otherwise, like how Removal is so prominent, engines will come and destroy you like a fly. If removal is toned down, NR will become the next SK/MO. Tone down both engines and removal or keep them at bar with each other and let MO and SK be at the top (NR trying to get their engines running and failing and ST trying either engine or control and failing to match the tempo of SK/MO)

Good point that removal on engines would need to be toned down as well. I agree.

It is way better than the initial HC disaster, but you'll find yourself in memory lane, missing old mechanics. Also prepare to be irritated by the amount of removal, even though it is toned down significantly since the initial launch. If you thought it was a bit too much in Beta, boy oh boy - you saw nothing back than.

In the end, we just entered a new beta after so much work done on the older version. Tuning to the same point will take years again.

Yea I can see liking this game if you never played the Beta. But for lots of people, the Homecoming version feels like a huge downgrade in everything except for graphics. For me it just feels empty and soulless. All the cards are so dang similar and there is hardly any strategy left.

Even the graphics part is questionable for me. It might look "cooler", but I value clarity over trying to look fancy on a card game. Also, with the wooden board it felt like what it was supposed to be: a card game, not stamps fighting on the ground.

Hi. I don't know if this forum is monitored or not, but I'm not coming back to gwent. Homecoming needlessly changing every card in the game, the vast majority to something much less interesting, and in general making the game boring and unfun was the biggest dumpster fire of an update any game has ever had in the history of forever. I went from rank 19, to playing about 3 games ever after the update. If those changes get reverted I will come back the next day, and shower you guys with my money. Thank you.

The sad thing is that the community is now divided between people liking and not liking the new version. It was a bad move and switching back will just trigger more hatred from the other side so it's not happening.

Game is still terrible, why am I surprised? Building decks is fun if you're like me and like that sort of thing, but I loathe playing them because none of them will ever be competitive even for casual, non-ranked play - it's always people using the most ridiculously unbalanced decks with some meta combo that is zero fun to play against. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I could play against an AI, except I'm playing the same stupid monster deck every time.

I would recommend a sideboard maybe, so cards can be switched in and out between rounds for when you inevitably get placed against the 100% anti-you deck, but it won't be added and I doubt that would make me want to play this game anyway.

Honestly, the problems besides switching from the old style, which is hit or miss is mostly that CDPR keeps releasing over tuned cards and existing cards which slipped through the cracks get more and more unfair in conjunction with other, new cards.

This is why we have this really dumb meta where self wound Skellige is dominating.

You can't nerf the crap out of the discard engine, buff an entire different way to play, add more self wound cards and then expect things to be okay...

That will drive players away or into long breaks.

Like Harald is getting obnoxious now for example due to being so damn good in self wound decks, he summons too much crap which deals damage on death while himself being able to damage your own units...that's a 13 point card potentially and for how much provision? 9...

That is not okay...

Then there's that broken tower card that came out in CC.

Too much and it shows since they're not even tier 1 at this point, they're tier 0 with Arachas Queen being the only (barely) contender.

Metas like that push people away worse than pre HC Monster Consume or the recent Crach Lippy turbo meta...

CDPR needs to be more diligent and proactive or eventually they're going to lose more players than they gain.

It's frustrating because they almost got it right...almost!

They need to watch their provision:point ratios with cards. Anything close to a 1:1 ratio needs to be monitored very closely and they also need to keep a close eye on cards that summon multiple units.

I hope they learn from the CC release and really ask themselves "are there any combos which are too efficient and if so, let's nerf or kill them before we create a gigantic mess with new cards, factions, etc".

I'm half tempted to take another 3 or 4 month break due to the mishandling on the things I mentioned.

In Beta Gwent I could sink for countless hours. Daily standard was 6+12 rounds, in weekneds or when I got time 6+12+24 rounds.

In HC i didn't have a single day with completed 6 rounds. It was an artifacts disaster and I took a ~6 months break from plaing Gwent.

In CC I usually do 6 rounds per day, only for dailies. Sometimes more when I'm unlocking skins or trinkets. But when I meet on blue coin an unitless Woodland... then again I'm close to instal it.

I still got hope. Maybe with the next expansion there will be more cards and decks would be more consistent. Becouse right now a lot of them are similar to old Ciri Nova 26 cards decks. They existed back then but noone played them, except the Swim's Olaf-Octvist deck. You are heavy draw gold cards depended. Especialy in mirrors, where for example who draws Protal wins. Yea, it's good for 6 rounds per day, sadly not more.

Daily reminder that this game is terrible with few redeeming qualities. How long has it even been since a meaningful update? Present expansion excluded, because fubar'ing the gameplay in the first place just doesn't count. There should be balance patches every week.

Last edited:
Daily reminder that this game is terrible with few redeeming qualities. How long has it even been since a meaningful update? Present expansion excluded, because fubar'ing the gameplay in the first place just doesn't count. There should be balance patches every week.

It's not THAT bad lol. I see most people are switching to cheesy for fun decks though because the tier 1 decks are massively stronger than the others.

So go make a woodland unitless deck and enjoy the relatively easy wins! It's going to be about 10 days to the next patch from what I've heard.

It's not THAT bad lol. I see most people are switching to cheesy for fun decks though because the tier 1 decks are massively stronger than the others.

So go make a woodland unitless deck and enjoy the relatively easy wins! It's going to be about 10 days to the next patch from what I've heard.

It's pretty bad. I wish I could face some opponents who messed around with decks. Finally got around to enjoying some variety in Gwent, having marginal fun with NG, got a little "winning streak" to reach rank 7, then it's all turned to absolute crap. Some highlights include:

- Decoy being used on a card, then four times in a row bringing the exact same card back into play
- Facing off against some incredibly fortunate deals without any 'counter' (i.e. one of those NR deals where they have ten Golds in their final hand, and you can't move, lock or remove Foltests Pride!!)
- Bribery giving three low provision bronze options or 'useless' cards (i.e. Geralt with no 8 power units)

Have now notched up an impressive losing streak of 6 in a row! Does anyone else find that hitting a purple patch doesn't last very long and you're very quickly smashed back by bad luck, bad deals and bad matchups?

EDIT: 10 losses in a row and counting. The opponents "luck" is freakish.....but its NOT rigged...

Last edited:
It's pretty bad. I wish I could face some opponents who messed around with decks. Finally got around to enjoying some variety in Gwent, having marginal fun with NG, got a little "winning streak" to reach rank 7, then it's all turned to absolute crap. Some highlights include:

- Decoy being used on a card, then four times in a row bringing the exact same card back into play
- Facing off against some incredibly fortunate deals without any 'counter' (i.e. one of those NR deals where they have ten Golds in their final hand, and you can't move, lock or remove Foltests Pride!!)
- Bribery giving three low provision bronze options or 'useless' cards (i.e. Geralt with no 8 power units)

Have now notched up an impressive losing streak of 6 in a row! Does anyone else find that hitting a purple patch doesn't last very long and you're very quickly smashed back by bad luck, bad deals and bad matchups?

EDIT: 10 losses in a row and counting. The opponents "luck" is freakish.....but its NOT rigged...

RNG cards are absolutely frustrating. Bribery is a steaming pile of noperope for me.

I've been where you are before. My Crach DD Turbo deck and my NG Witcher decks were slaughtered by nerfs to the point where I was getting upset by playing them.

Then I made a Woodland Unitless deck and win a good 75% of the time...though going 1st for like...8 matches gets tiring.

Jesus christ this game.

Even with thinning, the below is a screenshot of what was left in my SK deck as we start R3;

View attachment 10998445
Morkvarg would NOT appear with Birna and this is in spite of playing two rounds, plus thinning. Every mulligan saw me pull the same cards over and over (i.e. replace warship with warship) so of my provisions I didn't get 9 + 9 + 9 + 9 + 8.

Then on my ranged row is a Veteran down to 4 points and Birna on 5 points. Oppo plays 2 x Trebuchet. Both hits on the Veteran. Next card played, 2 hits, both "randomly" on the Veteran so gone goes Dark Mirror play. Same turn Botchling then "randomly" boosts their Myrgt to 5 points, just out of reach of my Olaf + Knut combo, in spite of FOUR other 4 STR cards being on the board. Oppo plays yet another gold - FORFEIT.
Post automatically merged:

This is frankly unfathomable. Vs. NR deck, they had NINE cards still in the deck....yet THIS is what I'm facing:

View attachment 10998448
I ended up with ZERO cards left on the board. What an utter load of crap, unfair to the max, completely biased deal and basically a complete screw-over. Thanks CDPR - literally the only game that makes me angry. In the World. Ever.

Have you played Rocket League? That is pure anger.

I've been gone for months, but once I read the NG rework, that just sealed it for me. I've gotten too busy with other things and just don't have the time explore other decks and create new ones. I did adequately well with reveal deck variations, but now that's dead and gone.

Started from the beta and watched it flourish up until HC. I gave it a go but just wasn't for me. Overall, Gwent and HC was...something that killed time and helped my ween off the void that was left from the Witcher 3. I now have the books to tie me down.

If an expansion or standalone of Witcher Tales is launched, I'd be more than happy to play it and delve into the witcher universe once more.

Last edited:
Have you played Rocket League? That is pure anger.

I've been gone for months, but once I read the NG rework, that just sealed it for me. I've gotten too busy with other things and just don't have the time explore other decks and create new ones. I did adequately well with reveal deck variations, but now that's dead and gone.

Started from the beta and watched it flourish up until HC. I gave it a go but just wasn't for me. Overall, Gwent and HC was...something that killed time and helped my ween off the void that was left from the Witcher 3. I now have the books to tie me down.

If an expansion or standalone of Witcher Tales is launched, I'd be more than happy to play it and delve into the witcher universe once more.

Haha, yeah, I've played Rocket League, I feel that! Still, nothing makes me want to smash a controller as much as FIFA!!! Like Gwent and CDPR, EA are another company who steadfastly refuse to accept that there's any kind of algorithm-driven rigging going on (momentum engine anyone?!?).

You've missed nothing - the revelation that unitless decks are now all over pro-ladder is all you need to know about the success!

I've literally just purchased the novels, hoping that can fill the void.

Still zero interest in HC. Still miss the game it used to be before the midwinter update. Still hoping they release some sort of classic version even if you could just play against the AI.

I only discovered the game post midwinter and it was still infinitely better than this. I'll never, ever understand why they spent so much time in Beta then came up with HC76, it just seemed like such a weird waste of time and money.

So what i read here is game can't be balanced. It was well balanced when we had that 6months period before HC crap. There was like 20 decks viable, i played every day few hours. Still don't understand why they changed 90% of cards. 2 rows fine, new graphics and ui fine, reward points and other features fine, but why changing Gwent totally? What a waste of potential. Gwent should be like Magic is now or even better.

Still zero interest in HC. Still miss the game it used to be before the midwinter update. Still hoping they release some sort of classic version even if you could just play against the AI.

A good ol' Thronebreaker switcheroo, but now going back to the game roots for real

Guest 4339135

What has started with the release of HC, comes now to an end.
The start of Homecoming was in comparison to the Beta an obvious step backwards. After some months of trying out HC, now it is clear that Gwent will never exhaust his potential. My personal experiences in the last months and the reports from other players have figured out three reasons, why it's not possible for me to play this game anymore.

1. Like I said in the short intro, the start of HC was a complete desaster. Every good experience from the Beta was being nixed and the game felt like a piece of s**t.
And now we come to the problem. CDPR has never really solved the issues from the beginning. The no unit decks from last season are a good example for this. Cards like Sihil or the spears/shields had been nerfed, but the problems with artifacts aren't solved til now. The devs refuse unwaveringly to solve the problems of this game and instead of this they fob the people with new upcoming expansions. Such a policy is not acceptable anymore.
Furthermore, CDPR has proven that their patches underperform. For example the famous NG rework patch, where nothing changed at all or the last patch some days ago, again nothing has changed.

2. Another point and a reason for the issue in point 1 is the renunciation of the community and their ideas. After the start of HC, many ideas emerged to make the game better. This pertained the artifacts, the archetypes, the faction balances and the consistency. Now after several months, it's just like it was before. No support for the archetypes, SK is still too strong and NG lame and useless, NR and the order problematic and lots of dumb artifacts. And what did CDPR? Throwing out new boards and card backs (that's of course the most important part of the game) and their expansions, which do not solve a single problem of this game.

3. And finally, for me the most important reason to stop playing Gwent. I'm sick of the endless 'bad luck' that haunts me in this game since several months. In the last two months I have collected many data about my matches and the results are horrifying. Just to name a number --> the percentage of going first is by over 70, so I lose the coinflip in 7 of 10 games. The list with such disadvantages for me is endless, I have talked about it enough in other threads. It seems that it is too much to ask for to get the same fair chance as other players. But CDPR absolutely don't care about the most fundamental part of such a game, and that's really sad. I have taken several breaks from the game over different seasons and nothing changed at all. I start the game and play the first match...oh lost coin flip...suprise suprise....and in round 3....oh four golds in deck, by only 8 cards left in the deck...but my opponent has all of his good cards....such a fair and nice game. And yeah, it is normal that you have to go through a bad season too, but I only have bad seasons, not a single one which could compensate this. It is really a scandal what is going on here.
And this game is not only about fun, on pro ladder you have the possibility to qualify for tournaments. It's about a lot of money and with getting systematically disadvantaged, you have no chance to reach a good positon. In this way any chances to qualify have been taken apart. Together with the win trading scandal, it shows how people in Gwent are getting deceived and how CDPR is zealous to whitewash all these things. I do not accept this anymore and so it's time to stop playing.
Game over, Gwent, game over.

Im about to uninstall.

Im "beginner" and get in the Season Matches always High End Pro Gamers.
I dont know why it says "Win 6 Rounds in Magic Season" YEAH HOW BUDDY?!
So I can not continue grinding anything since I lose everything.

Somebody friendly enough to explain/help me a bit? Getting a good startet deck
since I have nothing really good and Google/Deck Guides always need 8-10k Scraps
which I dont have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom