And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Squad then GO back to gwent în witcher 3. The devs worked hard and you cannot show a small gratitude?
1- can't play multiplayer in witcher 3
2- I'm sure the devs worked hard on thronebreaker and it's a great game!... can't say the same thing for gwent though

Edit:
You realize Gwent is dead... that game doesn't exist anymore. what you are currently playing is the F2P multiplayer version of Thronebreaker

If devs would had change The game if someone complain The game would not exist anymore. I don t understand, what gwent had and this game not? Except for three rows

If devs would had change The game if someone complain The game would not exist anymore. I don t understand, what gwent had and this game not? Except for three rows
Well, it doesn't have a soul, in matter of speech. As I see it, original Gwent was in W3. Standalone Gwent was Beta, Homecoming is completely different game, where only a little from Gwent stayed. There is something missing in this situation, which only CDPR knows, and don't want to tell..
This change came based on some reason - either feedback from players, or money reason. I don't believe devs just woke up and said "Let's remake whole Gwent in half a year" That's not how game industry works.. But both reason is so bad..

I agree it s a bit dark. But i feel Better about this gwent than open beta..
Yes, you can,.. It's just a matter of what you fancy.. For many ppl HC might be more appealing and challenging than Gwent, but on the other hand, for many more, this is just end of gwent.

I'll say it like this - if this was the game I would ran into in closed beta, when I first played, the multiplayer Gwent page would've been closed for me long time ago... if it was ever open. I can assure you of that.

Well, I always known this - IT IS BETA - that doesnt mean that will looks like these, or something similar.

For me, it is ok. Looks good, speed will be adjusted. ETC - I m good with Gwent now

I hate to say it, but I'm right on the verge of uninstall as well. I've played 3 straight matches where basically the opponent uses epidemic and/or scorch (and it's variants) and other special cards to take out all my units. And then waits to the last card to play a high point unit and often throws on a boost to win. It is so annoying, boring, and unimaginative gameplay. I'm sure I could figure out a way to counter this but I don't think it's going to make it any more fun.

I don't see how balanced decks that fully leverage the unit abilities and interactions can really succeed. Units have little to no value with so many overpowering special cards that just lead to a war of attrition. Anybody else feel the same or am I 'just not playing right'?

Well, I always known this - IT IS BETA - that doesnt mean that will looks like these, or something similar.

For me, it is ok. Looks good, speed will be adjusted. ETC - I m good with Gwent now
Well, beta of different game. Game experience may change, but not publish completely different game. What left from Gwent is 2 rows, art of cards, factions and that's all folks.

The game is built specifically for low level wins. Traps are pretty useful though I'm finding ST control is ok to use because most units are low value, so being hit with something that wipes things out doesn't impact. In that sense, is it much different from Beta? ST would always seek to blitz a higher deck with Schirru or Villentrententatentatentameth.

Monster faction is utter turd in HC. You have ONE play - deathwish - which is so easy to counter without needing a counter-specific hand. Throw in a bit of movement and some locks, game over.

What remains a pain in the ass is NG reveal because of the completely broken RNG aspect. CDPR have an unnatural affiliation with NG, they need therapy.

Uninstalled. Keeps Beta memories. R.I.P. Gwent. :cry:

I just hope, some people of developer team will one day create independent team and reincarnate Gwent beta... prove to world that their project manager was awfully wrong when decided to scrap complete game and replace it by totally different game. :rolleyes:

Uninstalled. Keeps Beta memories. R.I.P. Gwent. :cry:

I just hope, some people of developer team will one day create independent team and reincarnate Gwent beta... prove to world that their project manager was awfully wrong when decided to scrap complete game and replace it by totally different game. :rolleyes:
True... I probably will play it from time to time, but then again, I never was playing it in earnest to begin with. To me, the uniqueness the title had is gone, traded in for a gimmicky, effects laden casual (feeling), run of the mill CCG like HS, TES Legends and MtG Arena.

Yeah. It`s the same for me. I`ve spend almost 900 hours on the game, spend over 100 euro`s withouth regret, but I`m not feeling the game anymore. The money and time were well spent, but for my online multiplayer card addiction I`m currently playing other games.

CDPR rocks though, Thronebreaker was an insta buy when released to show support, and my, my, that turned out to be a great game ;-) All in all I wish the best for Gwent, but I`m mainly intersted in the single player RPG`s CDPR produces.

Allthough?...Netrunner in cyberpunk? Something like that would defitely lure me back

CDPR rocks though, Thronebreaker was an insta buy when released to show support, and my, my, that turned out to be a great game ;-) All in all I wish the best for Gwent, but I`m mainly intersted in the single player RPG`s CDPR produces.
Same... for TB this new iteration of Gwent was a great choice! It just doesn't cut it anywhere else...

I might do a browser version with some generic ancient rome theme and ridiculously bad card art, but I'm working full time so even if I do it this will take a long time.

I can't say i enjoy the game as it is now.

1) it feels too slow.

2) artifacts limit severely the strategy of the game. When you start a round with 6-7 cards and more than half of them are artifacts and artifact removals, what else is there left to play? Gone is the era of strategic plays of vilentretenmerth and scotch. Now if you try something like that, you will only kill like 2 units on board. Epidemic feels like scorch, because units are so close in power between them. It's as easy to align for epidemic as it is for a scorch.

Artifacts would have been an awesome addition to Gwent pre homecoming, where you could play multiple cards from tutors. It would add an extra layer of strategy to align scorch, buff to avoid scorch, etc.

Now with the limit of 2 rows along with artifacts, not only games feels incredibly slow but ot doesn't look like a field of war anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom