And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
More room to tweek and balance the game means nothing if they don't know how to do it. You can give a monkey a violin, it won't play Mozart.
People are upset because of what the game is not because of what it could be.
"Guys, don't leave cuz the game is shit. Stick around cuz someday it could be great."
-CDPR
What they should be saying is this "You are right. This sucks. We are sorry."
Because, again, this is not a game in its beta phase. This is a full release.
I will wait until the December patch to see what happens. If it is still shit then bye bye.

... Emyr/Ves:mentor/Witcher summon + roach. What's that, 27 points in two rounds. At some point has nobody from CDPR thought "hmm, that's crap". That was what Beta was for, we've gone back to a pre-Beta game, but one i don't want to play...
Well, one would think that the idea behind Silver and Gold cards was to distinguish between said mechanics/interactions. Sadly, we've wasted 2 years of development to revert to the same conclusions that we had those said 2 years ago,

GG CDPR.

GG

So Solution is : What does it cost for cd project to sell gwent beta on steam for 15 euros ? Beta is ready. easy money for cd project!!!!

I'm sure it will be more profitable for studio and more people on it than ugly homecoming only on gog

Homecoming moved away from what gave Gwent its identity.

This... this is the reason why I no longer play this as my main CCG. MtG:Arena has my full attention while Thronebreaker Multiplayer has me checking the forums for updates.

I am not uninstalling it, because I have hopes that CDPR does something drastic with the game and directs the development of this game into a gwent game and away from thronebreaker multiplayer.

The design space in Homecoming is better. That is, the foundation has been laid and the tools are now available to tweak and balance the game.

Pretty much agree with your entire post. If that comes as a surprise.... I do think this part is of concern. CDPR has had difficulties with balancing both mechanics and cards in the past, IMO. Having more areas to tweak for balancing may be a good thing in theory. Whether it is in practice is another matter. Those dials still need to be turned to the right values.

I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for the mods here. Trying to explain all this away, Christ, the backlash here is severe. I'm not feeling so angry about it because I hardly play ranked.

I agree that this is Thronebreaker multi-player, not GWENT. They took the money people invested from GWENT and gave us TB, fair enough? If you wish you CAN play TB online, that's what this is. However, they weren't very honest about that, which is cheeky and does damage the companies reputation.

They can change TB(online) all they want..It's an impossible job getting a balance it seems? I do sympathise with the devs in this regard...."Expect more of the same"... What do I win? I can't have been the only one saying that before HC/TB(online) was "released"

Favouritism. NG again..but somehow ST sneaked out a truly repulsive, cowardly deck. The new spellatell. Which is a shame, I only play ST. Enjoy it while you can ST, won't last.

When you signed up for the beta, you accepted the terms of use, which includes the passage that Gwent can be shut down at any time with no refund possibility. Those were known risks. Now, we have Homecoming (which is better than shutting down Gwent). It might not be what you had hoped for, but you certainly aren't being tricked, nor robbed. Also, please realize that CDPR has given you full scrap value for your whole collection, while they just as easily could have reset your account, like they did with closed beta. You can say a lot of negative things about Homecoming, but you cannot deny that CDPR is one of the most generous, if not, the most generous game studio out there.
Dear moderator, REALLY? CDPR is generous so we should be content with whatever they throw at us? Are you playing dumb or just being annoyingly apathetic? You do know all these people are talking about a FEELING of being robbed or tricked. The fact that these people spent REAL MONEY on a digital game that didn't live is already infuriating. And the reason that those people who opened up their wallet for CDPR is that they trusted the company. What's the use of all those generosity and scraps if they can't enjoy this game as they used to. [Nope.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, ironically TB cards and mechanics are much more fun than HC cards/mechanics. So many good ideas, after balancing, could be moved from TB to HC. Even artifacts are implemented much better than in HC.

So HC is not even truly a multiplayer mode for TB, because so many mechanics are less fun without a reason.

Eight (8) people are streaming Homecoming at the moment.

Eight.

I guess this has been the case at the very end of CB Gwent, when everybody were waiting for said Homecoming.

Good job, I guess?

I really don't think HC is a bad idea. There are a lot of good elements: contracts, achievement book, provisions.

I don't care about two or three rows. With the current cards, two rows seems better because it's already hard to keep track which unit should go where.

What I really dislike can also easily be fixed. Control is too strong and not fun to play against. Build a Demavend and a Brouver deck, both mainly based on units. Guess what, as soon as I didn't face Eithne or Leshen, the game was a lot of fun. Against those two, I didn't have a chance and they destroyed my entire game. That is rather stupid. But I believe CDPR can fix those issues.

Nostalgia is a wierd thing.

This is what is happening with WOW classic vs retail now just on bigger scale
People still say D2 is better then any other diablo
Old gwent is better then new gwent etc etc etc

HC is new take on this game if you do not like it play other games its not like there are no alternatives?
As long as there is decent player base and new people joining the game it is better then having to satisfy few entitled pre mid winter veterans.

Nostalgia is a wierd thing.

This is what is happening with WOW classic vs retail now just on bigger scale
People still say D2 is better then any other diablo
Old gwent is better then new gwent etc etc etc

HC is new take on this game if you do not like it play other games its not like there are no alternatives?
As long as there is decent player base and new people joining the game it is better then having to satisfy few entitled pre mid winter veterans.

I think you're wrong on this case. This version of Gwent is just a poor game, blighted by considerable more balance issues than the Beta game.

Nobody said Beta was perfect. Most said "don't change TOO much, and don't take away a row". They were right. Many basic issues remain; the dynamic of the Witcher summon - which is actually in EVERY starter deck - is a schoolboy error! NG are overpowered, random features more heavily, the cards are harder to play with, hand cap is a dumb idea that could NEVER have played out better than seeking card advantage, too many cards are broken (Caretaker does the same as ST leader, and can be played in ST deck? WTF?!).

It's not just that it ISN'T any form of Gwent. It's that it's not even a very good game, full stop. It's a passable mobile game that is playable on PC and consoles.

CDPR have screwed up quite badly. If i was in charge I'd be having some strong words with head of dev there, because this is borderline disaster. December doesn't need a patch, and is too far away. They can't pull the game either. This is gonna be a really painful one for them to swallow, and it was so easily avoidable. Anyway, my last post, good luck CDPR.

I think you're wrong on this case. This version of Gwent is just a poor game, blighted by considerable more balance issues than the Beta game.

Nobody said Beta was perfect. Most said "don't change TOO much, and don't take away a row". They were right. Many basic issues remain; the dynamic of the Witcher summon - which is actually in EVERY starter deck - is a schoolboy error! NG are overpowered, random features more heavily, the cards are harder to play with, hand cap is a dumb idea that could NEVER have played out better than seeking card advantage, too many cards are broken (Caretaker does the same as ST leader, and can be played in ST deck? WTF?!).

It's not just that it ISN'T any form of Gwent. It's that it's not even a very good game, full stop. It's a passable mobile game that is playable on PC and consoles.

CDPR have screwed up quite badly. If i was in charge I'd be having some strong words with head of dev there, because this is borderline disaster. December doesn't need a patch, and is too far away. They can't pull the game either. This is gonna be a really painful one for them to swallow, and it was so easily avoidable. Anyway, my last post, good luck CDPR.

New provision system can easily address Balance issues.
Furthermore new mechanics can be added, Current mechanics can be chagned and tweaked. HC has way better foundation going forward. You really did not expect a fully balanced game to his live after the amount of work they did in last 6 months?

Complaying about RNG you never played any other CCG?
How is hand limit bad idea? is it difficult for you to make choices of what cards to keep or waste? Hand limit and new mulligan carry over legit go hand to hand with each other almost. You have good 9 Cards and your opponeded passed you are not forced to play those cards right? burn of cards is no different then to mulligan.

I honestly doubt you played other CCG or in fact anything if you complain about RNG and balance at this point.
I am sorry that the team did not put a massive balance patch yet after 10 days of the game release.

... You really did not expect a fully balanced game to his live after the amount of work they did in last 6 months?...

... I am sorry that the team did not put a massive balance patch yet after 10 days of the game release...
This is absolutely no friggin excuse when you declare and proclaim that you are releasing your game OUT OF BETA with said release. There is NO EXCUSE.

And you'll fell into a situation like this one:
Eight (8) people are streaming Homecoming at the moment.

Eight.

I guess this has been the case at the very end of CB Gwent, when everybody were waiting for said Homecoming.

Good job, I guess?
SEVEN (7!!!) two hours later!

Stop calling the black white!

Now-now, Bethesda games have many hundreds bugs, even major ones, many years after the release. I can't wait to see tons of absolutely gamebreaking bugs in F76. Yet no one cares much.

Standards are pretty low these days, so everything is excusable.

Confirmation that artefacts are completely broken, NG is OP and everything else is a bit "meh".
I installed the game sunday but i remembered that artifact removal is must have so i uninstalled it back...
:p
That's funny because in high ranks artifacts aren't worth much, people learned to play around them. But hey, don't let me disturb your party of "New Gwent is bad" after one week.

That's funny because in high ranks artifacts aren't worth much, people learned to play around them. But hey, don't let me disturb your party of "New Gwent is bad" after one week.

Unfortunately, that is irrelevant. It's about the perception of the majority of the players. If they think a certain mechanic or card is OP, or more importantly, not fun to play against, then CDPR has a problem, even when the mechanic or card is balanced (according to the devs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom