And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear moderator, REALLY? CDPR is generous so we should be content with whatever they throw at us? Are you playing dumb or just being annoyingly apathetic? You do know all these people are talking about a FEELING of being robbed or tricked. The fact that these people spent REAL MONEY on a digital game that didn't live is already infuriating. And the reason that those people who opened up their wallet for CDPR is that they trusted the company. What's the use of all those generosity and scraps if they can't enjoy this game as they used to.

CDPR did not create Homecoming to trick or cheat players is what I have said. Their generosity should be noted and it should give them more leeway, but that's not a carte blanche to do whatever they want. Though, from a pure black and white perspective, CDPR does not owe anything to their player base. As stated in the terms of use, CDPR can pull the plug at any time.

Players who feel betrayed by CDPR is a different matter. I can understand that players wanted Gwent and got something else. The results might not live up to the expectation of the players. And results might very well be all that matters to some. But, for me, I also look at the process and the effort put into the game by the devs.

CDPR saw that Gwent wasn't working out. They could have left it alone and try to squeeze out as much money as possible while the game would slowly bleed to death. But that's not how the studio rolls, unlike some other studios who shall not the named. Instead, CDPR took on an impossible task to create a whole new Gwent in just 6 months. I can only imagine the pressure the devs were under to deliver. Looking at the result, I am really impressed what CDPR has done in such a short amount of time. Don't get me wrong, I am just acknowledging the work CDPR has done, even if the result is not what some had hoped for. Still, it would be disheartening to see the dev's work get stomped into the ground.

As a closing note, as mentioned by others, it was a weird decision to end the beta with Homecoming, while the game still needs to be tweaked and improved. Regardless, I am hopeful that it can become an enjoyable game.

Unfortunately, that is irrelevant. It's about the perception of the majority of the players. If they think a certain mechanic or card is OP, or more importantly, not fun to play against, then CDPR has a problem, even when the mechanic or card is balanced (according to the devs).
Unfortunately indeed. Instead of letting the first meta settle down, pitchforks and torches. In fact, I think that letting this meta to brew for a month or even more is a must to help balancing the damn thing. Completely new game needs time. Then some tweaks (as with artifacts) and some changes (as with Xavier, which I consider one of the most problematic designs in HC) should improve Gwent immensely.

CDPR did not create Homecoming to trick or cheat players is what I have said. Their generosity should be noted and it should give them more leeway, but that's not a carte blanche to do whatever they want. Though, from a pure black and white perspective, CDPR does not owe anything to their player base. As stated in the terms of use, CDPR can pull the plug at any time.

Players who feel betrayed by CDPR is a different matter. I can understand that players wanted Gwent and got something else. The results might not live up to the expectation of the players. And results might very well be all that matters to some. But, for me, I also look at the process and the effort put into the game by the devs.

CDPR saw that Homecoming wasn't working out. They could have left it alone and try to squeeze out as much money as possible while the game would slowly bleed to death. But that's not how the studio rolls, unlike some other studios who shall not the named. Instead, CDPR took on an impossible task to create a whole new Gwent in just 6 months. I can only imagine the pressure the devs were under to deliver. Looking at the result, I am really impressed what CDPR has done in such a short amount of time. Don't get me wrong, I am just acknowledging the work CDPR has done, even if the result is not what some had hoped for. Still, it would be disheartening to see the dev's work get stomped into the ground.

As a closing note, as mentioned by others, it was a weird decision to end the beta with Homecoming, while the game still needs to be tweaked and improved. Regardless, I am hopeful that it can become an enjoyable game.
Yes, you are right - quite a lot of work to create new game in 6months or so, UT you can't expect, that full release of really unbalanced game, which is not Gwent BTW, will be accepted by majority of players. I really belive, that HC was the fatal hit to gwent. Since many ppl will leave for good, player base will be only a fraction of what it was before and it will be the end of Gwent. You just can't release such game, CDPR is not EA! Or I still hope so..
Post automatically merged:

on another note, could ya pm me after u uninstall gwent?
No, you can't overtake any account of Gwent, you have to buy whole Gog account.. And stop that, or I will report you. Trading with accounts is forbidden my terms of agreement..

Once again: if you have a problem with someone, or some action taken against you, please take it to PM.
Such posts in public threads will be deleted (multiple deletions here now), and YOU will be the one who gets in trouble.

CDPR saw that Homecoming wasn't working out. They could have left it alone and try to squeeze out as much money as possible while the game would slowly bleed to death. But that's not how the studio rolls, unlike some other studios who shall not the named. Instead, CDPR took on an impossible task to create a whole new Gwent in just 6 months. I can only imagine the pressure the devs were under to deliver. Looking at the result, I am really impressed what CDPR has done in such a short amount of time. Don't get me wrong, I am just acknowledging the work CDPR has done, even if the result is not what some had hoped for. Still, it would be disheartening to see the dev's work get stomped into the ground.

And regarding this - ppl are right to feel robbed. We invested money in game, which we all want to develop. The main problem is, that money we used to buy kegs, meteorite powder etc were suppose to be used in general as salary for ppl, which develops it, and for further develop of this game.
Same example could be: you buy a car from authorized seller, you buy new wheels, new car radio, and stuff from this seller. Seller takes you car for annual service, repair, adjust and make your car better. Than one day, they say "we will adjust your car, it will be better car, than before". You give them your car, with all stuff you bought.
But after car is returned, it will be a tank, not car, a tank.. How would you react to such change?

Unfortunately indeed. Instead of letting the first meta settle down, pitchforks and torches. In fact, I think that letting this meta to brew for a month or even more is a must to help balancing the damn thing. Completely new game needs time. Then some tweaks (as with artifacts) and some changes (as with Xavier, which I consider one of the most problematic designs in HC) should improve Gwent immensely.
Possible, but there also seems to be a considerable number of players that have a much more fundamental problem with HC, since it has become much different (and I might argue less interesting/innovative) game... that can't be tweaked away.

Possible, but there also seems to be a considerable number of players that have a much more fundamental problem with HC, since it has become much different (and I might argue less interesting/innovative) game... that can't be tweaked away.

Game is great its just the masses, they dont know what they want. /s

Last edited:
Game is great its just the masses, they dont know what they want.
Yea, that's how companies like EA think... and they are consistently wrong and pay for it more and more often. Only because you hit the mark once or twice with your audience, doesn't mean you can't go wrong the next time, and simple declaring a "game is great", doesn't make it so if the "masses" don't agree...

And regarding this - ppl are right to feel robbed. We invested money in game, which we all want to develop. The main problem is, that money we used to buy kegs, meteorite powder etc were suppose to be used in general as salary for ppl, which develops it, and for further develop of this game.
Same example could be: you buy a car from authorized seller, you buy new wheels, new car radio, and stuff from this seller. Seller takes you car for annual service, repair, adjust and make your car better. Than one day, they say "we will adjust your car, it will be better car, than before". You give them your car, with all stuff you bought.
But after car is returned, it will be a tank, not car, a tank.. How would you react to such change?
This is a bad example. It's nothing like that: when you buy a car, you buy a finished product. When you signed beta agreement, it explicitly stated that this game is liable to change and even not being released at all. So, if you get a free prototype car but decide to invest money in it before it's manufactured and approved for the market sale, it's on you. It has nothing to do with seller or manufacturer.
This was exactly my point: different =/= bad. If those people aren't willing to accept reality, learn this game and if these people already made up their minds, by all means, they should move on instead of clinging to their memories and making factually erroneous statements.

Besides, I can argue that new Gwent has a bigger potential (one could argue that old Gwent had no future after 2 years of testing) and a much higher skill ceiling (when properly balanced which is a matter of balancing and not design) than beta Gwent. You or anyone else is welcome to debate it with me.

Game is great its just the masses, they dont know what they want. /s
Any actual arguments instead of one line cries for mob justice and victim complex?

This is a bad example. It's nothing like that: when you buy a car, you buy a finished product. When you signed beta agreement, it explicitly stated that this game is liable to change and even not being released at all. So, if you get a free prototype car but decide to invest money in it before it's manufactured and approved for the market sale, it's on you. It has nothing to do with seller or manufacturer.

This was exactly my point: different =/= bad. If those people aren't willing to accept reality, learn this game and if these people already made up their minds, by all means, they should move on instead of clinging to their memories and making factually erroneous statements.
While that might be true, and - if CDPR has no intention of going back to the old game - it will be a the only course of action for some people, it's still a bit of an "head-in-sand" argument... those people that liked old Gwent got sold on (and did invest in) an idea that CDPR did follow until they suddenly no longer did.

They "declared" the game a failure and, effectively started over, practically ignoring/invalidating the "work" of all the people that tried to make the game work during beta... and I personally don't agree it couldn't have worked, but that just as an aside. So, all I'm saying is: There should be a certain point where "liable to change" does no longer apply, and companies should be honest enough to admit before they cross that threshold... especially when they are making money of their beta.

Any actual arguments instead of one line cries for mob justice and victim complex?
I think that was meant to be sarcasm... ;)

HC seems not like a hit. They reached new lows in popularity and seller ranking.
Meanwhile thronebreaker is day by day more popular
Source: gogstats.com

I miss the old one. If they tried balance and add some new cards it would be good. I think we never see for example such unique decks like consum were every single card has there place.

So you admit that Gwent is gone. Good. Now, it doesn't matter if HC is a bad, good or fantastic game. What matters is that Gwent has been abandoned and replaced with a completely diffrent game.
My question is: - what about those players (including me) who invested money in development of Gwent, hm? In my opinion we've been tricked and robbed. Don't you think? Or maybe I'm wrong?

Sorry for those well... harsh words but this is how I see this.

Come on... You bought digital cards with a groundig: they have the right to change it and if they do it they give you a chance to get back the cost in ingame resource... And thats what exactly happend... So I say respectfully you where never robbed or tricked by anyone. If you expected anything else than you were naiv or just stupid... Btw if you really belive you invested this money for a good cause and not your gain, in that cause you were the mecenas who gave money to the artist who made a terryble painting and made his patron dissappointed... so in that case you were stupid again... So I advice you if next time spend money to support "art", don't expect much from the artist. If he/she create some great thing than its you gain if not you gave him/her a chance... at least you will look like as a responsible man who patroning the arts and not like a spoiled child who cheated himself...

Come on... You bought digital cards with a groundig: they have the right to change it and if they do it they give you a chance to get back the cost in ingame resource...
Yea, and that's a bit of the problem right there... ingame resources in a game I no longer want to play are just lost money.

Look, I get what you are saying... I generally never spend money on beta games exactly for the reason something like that (or worse) might happen to any title in development at any point, but I still can't fault poeple for being upset at what CDPR did with HC... especially those players that basically created a blossoming pro and streaming scene around the game... with CDPR's support, I might add.

Last edited:
Come on... You bought digital cards with a groundig: they have the right to change it and if they do it they give you a chance to get back the cost in ingame resource...

Almost no one would complain about this if cards would get modified, not completely changed like Avallach or 80% (?) of the cards. Some did need a change because 2 row limit and 2 card limit, but why almost everything ?

Dear moderator, REALLY? CDPR is generous so we should be content with whatever they throw at us? Are you playing dumb or just being annoyingly apathetic? You do know all these people are talking about a FEELING of being robbed or tricked. The fact that these people spent REAL MONEY on a digital game that didn't live is already infuriating. And the reason that those people who opened up their wallet for CDPR is that they trusted the company. What's the use of all those generosity and scraps if they can't enjoy this game as they used to. [Nope.]

Firts of all I say it respectfully...
1.) The moderator guy are right.
2.) terms and use...
3.) CDPR is really a generous company... FE: I never seen compensation from the ice strom or from others...
4.) Those ppl don't need defense... they talking about how they feel becose they want some commiseration. Playing the victim is always easier than acknowledgeing our stupidity...
5.) They spent real money for their personal gain... or patroning something etc.. they are grown up man who are able to act... so according to the paperform they know what they do...

While that might be true, and - if CDPR has no intention of going back to the old game - it will be a the only course of action for some people, it's still a bit of an "head-in-sand" argument... those people that liked old Gwent got sold on (and did invest in) an idea that CDPR did follow until they suddenly no longer did.
I don't know if they could have said it clearer: There is no going back. Not the slightest chance of that. Not ever.
Again, those are the risks of participating in beta. And people were warned from the very beginning.
They "declared" the game a failure and, effectively started over, practically ignoring/invalidating the "work" of all the people that tried to make the game work during beta... and I personally don't agree it couldn't have worked, but that just as an aside. So, all I'm saying is: There should be a certain point where "liable to change" does no longer apply, and companies should be honest enough to admit before they cross that threshold... especially when they are making money of their beta.
That is a whole different discussion, not specifically related to Gwent.
I think that was meant to be sarcasm... ;)
Yeah. Not a very successful one.
HC seems not like a hit. They reached new lows in popularity and seller ranking.
Meanwhile thronebreaker is day by day more popular
Source: gogstats.com

I miss the old one. If they tried balance and add some new cards it would be good. I think we never see for example such unique decks like consum were every single card has there place.
Should I remind you about Consume being hated during several stages of beta? Also, "miss the old one" is a valid point and if you don't play HC, it's totally understandable. However, saying that the old was "better" is just wrong. Personal preferences and tastes do not objectively prove "good" or "bad".
Yea, and that's a bit of the problem right there... ingame resources in a game I no longer want to play are just lost money.

Look, I get what you are saying... I generally never spend money on beta games exactly for the reason something like that (or worse) might happen to any title in development at any point, but I still can't fault poeple for being upset at what CDPR did with HC... especially those players that basically created a blossoming pro and streaming scene around the game... with CDPR's support, I might add.
Isn't playing video games like every other hobby? Time and money spent on it isn't an investment.
Almost no one would complain about this if cards would get modified, not completely changed like Avallach or 80% (?) of the cards. Some did need a change because 2 row limit and 2 card limit, but why almost everything ?
Did you miss the point where closed beta and pre-Midwinter Gwent became completely stale and Mid-Winter took the whole thing to a whole new level of disaster? The game design, not card changes were the problem. I can go in detail about HC having more potential and better design, if you provide any argument to claim beta Gwent was superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom