And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave it another shot. The game still sucks. You either have an answer or you don't and if you do you win and if you don't you lose. Opponent draws xavier you lose if he doesn't you win type garbage. Opponent plays Ciri Dash and letho, you either have the answer to kill ciri dash or lock it or you lose. It's just such a silly game.

Uninstalled it as well. Why have all these intricate mechanics like orders, charges etc. if your every card is removed instantly because removal/locking is so fucking cheap? You either play dumb control or dumb point vomit. If that's the choice I have to make I'd rather not play at all.

I wish I never gave this game a chance, almost 500 hours wasted.

I spent over 250 Euros on the Gwent I liked. Then they make a whole new game that has nothing to do with the old gwent at ALL!

Homecoming has a great interface and layout, only the game itself is a bad nightmare. Seriously disappointing.

You can see it in the faces of everyone streaming they kinda hate it but wont admit ...

(Sorry for my bad english)

Every friend of mine knew how i love Gwent. I was happy when they invited me for beta and at first I was mesmorised by its design, art selections for cards and visual effects. Then I've started to figure out decks and It was such a jorney! I had valiant and brave Northern Realms armor deck that I called 'Arduus animo vincit'. The dark and loyal NR deck full of cursed soldiers and dead sorceresses i called 'Semper fidelis'. Proud scoia'tael deck 'Aen Hanse', mighty Wild Hunt deck 'We enter the fray!' and that 'Let the Kambi sing' deck on Skellige that was hard to pull off but if you could manage to burn all table with Kambi it felt amazing. I had a lot of different decks, each of them had personality and I loved my cards and their sinergy. I felt them as my army...

And now all those feelings are dead.

I've spent 30 hours in Homecoming and it was torture with boredom. I don't feel control over my units with all new RNG, i can't get cards i need with new system and i COULD figure out some decks but I don't want to because Homecoming is just boring. When Arena update came to Gwent i spent about 20 hours in it feeling that atmosphere with all my racing heart and in Homecoming I can't get myself to read every description because cards seem so similar or repetative or useless.

In old Gwent I applauded to enemy that defeated me, I saw a lot of 300IQ plays against me and it was fascinating to watch! Sometimes I was furious (especially on Sabbath) sometimes I laughed at my own stupidity. When i lose in Homecoming -- I yawn. When I win in Homecoming -- I yawn. All feelings of old Gwent are dead and It saddens me a lot. I never thought I will uninstall Gwent but Homecoming made me.

Last edited:
reinstalled it again, played a vs an order foltest deck and then I forfeit because I fell asleep with boredom

dam this game is to slow now i remember why i stopped playing this game

Uninstalled it as well. Why have all these intricate mechanics like orders, charges etc. if your every card is removed instantly because removal/locking is so fucking cheap? You either play dumb control or dumb point vomit. If that's the choice I have to make I'd rather not play at all.

I wish I never gave this game a chance, almost 500 hours wasted.
How do you think I feel. I have 2000 or more hours beta. Makes me sick
Post automatically merged:

A
(Sorry for my bad english)

Every friend of mine knew how i love Gwent. I was happy when they invited me for beta and at first I was mesmorised by its design, art selections for cards and visual effects. Then I've started to figure out decks and It was such a jorney! I had valiant and brave Northern Realms armor deck that I called 'Arduus animo vincit'. The dark and loyal NR deck full of cursed soldiers and dead sorceresses i called 'Semper fidelis'. Proud scoia'tael deck 'Aen Hanse', mighty Wild Hunt deck 'We enter the fray!' and that 'Let the Kambi sing' deck on Skellige that was hard to pull off but if you could manage to burn all table with Kambi it felt amazing. I had a lot of different decks, each of them had personality and I loved my cards and their sinergy. I felt them as my army...

And now all those feelings are dead.

I've spent 30 hours in Homecoming and it was torture with boredom. I don't feel control over my units with all new RNG, i can't get cards i need with new system and i COULD figure out some decks but I don't want to because Homecoming is just boring. When Arena update came to Gwent i spent about 20 hours in it feeling that atmosphere with all my racing heart and in Homecoming I can't get myself to read every description because cards seem so similar or repetative or useless.

In old Gwent I applauded to enemy that defeated me, I saw a lot of 300IQ plays against me and it was fascinating to watch! Sometimes I was furious (especially on Sabbath) sometimes I laughed at my own stupidity. When i lose in Homecoming -- I yawn. When I win in Homecoming -- I yawn. All feelings of old Gwent are dead and It saddens me a lot. I never thought I will uninstall Gwent but Homecoming made me.
Amen my brother. We have had a similar path. I loved all my decks and proud to say I never played a netdecks. I would build a deck around a certain cards and used to make unique names as well.
Cow lovers, bear n boat, queensTard, cursed beers, the bones men, horned wenches, consume headless man, Harold is thinner, let me axe you a question, Armour all, filthy cronies, good times, and all unique
My favorite is a fearless cerys deck that if done right give you a 40+ point madman lugos, or my skellige ciri deck that finishes with a 50 point ciri. Many other fun decks. They were never tier 1 because I hate playing removal so I could never compete against Greatsword or Sabbath trash. I spent so much time playing over 2,000 hours, and it never got boring.. I played 20 hours ptr, and 30 of homecoming and it makes me actually sick to my stomach. It's like a personal loss as crazy as that sounds, my favorite game. Had I miss hours to play I had hopes of being on the pro circuit. Anyway I really wish they would just bring back beta gwent as a game mode. Then we can see which version people play. Homecoming has hope but 75% of the cards need reworked.. It's boring. I find myself watching TV when before no one in the house could talk to me playing beta because I was that invested in what was going on.

I will also have over 1 million scraps on console and I don't care. Even getting gold cards in kegs triggers no excitement when before even duplicates always made me happy. The heart and soul of gwent has been taken away. "I am sadness😢'

Last edited:
Spend about 100 on old Gwent and had a great time, so it's definitely not a "robbery". It's been great.

But so far I'm in the same situation OP is in. The game feels... strange. It's a complete overhaul and I just didn't play it yet. Combine that with Thronebreaker which is just ridiculously easy it kills the fun I could've had with it and it just leaves me... disappointed. Thronebreaker could've been an amazing experience otherwise as presentation is great.

That being said, I haven't uninstalled yet. I'll give it time. I ain't going nowhere. Lots of respect for CDPR as I still remember Witcher III and the awesome time I've had playing that.

And don't whine that you should've gone to the gym or read a book. If you regret that so much, isn't this the perfect time to start doing those things?

I spent over 250 Euros on the Gwent I liked. Then they make a whole new game that has nothing to do with the old gwent at ALL!

Homecoming has a great interface and layout, only the game itself is a bad nightmare. Seriously disappointing.

You can see it in the faces of everyone streaming they kinda hate it but wont admit ...
I spent $200 on it. I've never done something so stupid. I knew better to spend money on a beta but I loved it and wanted to support cdpr. I never would have thought the game would change so much. I wanted change too but at least listen to what the community wanted. We didn't want the whole game loop changed. Tweak some poorly designed cards, not the stuff we like. The only thing not removed was rng

It just seems like no matter what you "try", you get beat by the same stuff. There's a small amount of meta's and nothing else can come close, doesn't matter what you do so the over-riding feeling is "what's the point"?

You try to do something fun with dragons, or Glustyworp/arachas/cows, but you're just up against the same crappy NG reveal which wins easily. Always pulls the right card, always has the right deal.

It just seems like no matter what you "try", you get beat by the same stuff. There's a small amount of meta's and nothing else can come close, doesn't matter what you do so the over-riding feeling is "what's the point"?

Not sure what you're talking about. I'm still finding new stuff to try.... cough cough, abuse. The only irritating part is every winning concept feels broken. It's not like a finisher is 10 pts to a 5 pt random bronze card. Finishers and round win cons are like 20-40 pts.

I'm also not sure why people constantly complain about RNG. Build a better deck. Use your mulligans wisely. I keep seeing people aggressively mulligan R1 in casual then R2-R3 start and they play 1-2 Witchers in one card play because they got 2-3 in-hand. Either use the damn cards R1 or blow them R2 to thin your deck.... Yes, even if you're down a card. As long as the other guy can't out-tempo your tempo plays it doesn't matter if you push R2.

Ah, pre-midwinter gwent. NG spies, NR reaver hunters, trio effects, Monster swarm, Radovid control, ST carryover dwarfs, gold immunity, quen. There was a time I liked this game.
my point was people. they kind of smile when getting rekt, you know what I mean?

Not sure what you're talking about. I'm still finding new stuff to try.... cough cough, abuse. The only irritating part is every winning concept feels broken. It's not like a finisher is 10 pts to a 5 pt random bronze card. Finishers and round win cons are like 20-40 pts.

I'm also not sure why people constantly complain about RNG. Build a better deck. Use your mulligans wisely. I keep seeing people aggressively mulligan R1 in casual then R2-R3 start and they play 1-2 Witchers in one card play because they got 2-3 in-hand. Either use the damn cards R1 or blow them R2 to thin your deck.... Yes, even if you're down a card. As long as the other guy can't out-tempo your tempo plays it doesn't matter if you push R2.

I find it....draining. I've tried a bunch of new things, went with another SC deck that did well in casual, first game in ranked and I'm staring at a finishing board with Kayran and Glustyworp, both on 16, where yet again one card would have been the difference. Yet, strangely and coincidentally enough (again), I didn't have scorch. If I put scorch in the deck, I can absolutely guarantee my next game will be against NG reveal, where it's utterly useless.

This is what's broken for me, time and again you're staring at it thinking "if only I'd had x". Add Xavier to your deck, you won't play against SK dead bears. Add scorch or Igni, you won't face either that stupid boosty dwarf or a heavy monster deck. Add lock you'll not play against cards with orders. That's how it feels to me, it feels like you're forever chasing something but constantly being let down. I get that CDPR don't want a silver bullet, but something tells me they've developed an algorithm that actively kills the silver bullet on matchmaking.
Post automatically merged:

The "only irritating part"?! Are you sure you're paying Gwent HC on a PC?!

We're sort of in the same ball park - winning concepts when playing with or against them do just seem broken. When playing Gwent Beta there was rarely that feeling of "argh, if only I'd had Epidemic/Scorch/Xavier/White Frost in my deck"! You could build a flexible deck that could mostly counter what you were against; you'd still lose, be that through a mistake, bad deal or dumb mulligan, but you rarely felt so aggrieved by the loss. I've lost through just not having been dealt any cards that have synergy, ending up with 2 mahakam ales and a sapper vs Caranthir, two Yennefers (both immune). As the oppo just lays on golds thick and fast there's no answer - and I'm sure there's been times when MY oppo has thought the same.

For me, they need to almost rewrite everything, from the way you deal, mulligan, play, deck selection, faction identity, splitting more cards, etc. It's at best a beta game, that came from a better developed beta....just odd.

Last edited:
I find it....draining. I've tried a bunch of new things, went with another SC deck that did well in casual, first game in ranked and I'm staring at a finishing board with Kayran and Glustyworp, both on 16, where yet again one card would have been the difference. Yet, strangely and coincidentally enough (again), I didn't have scorch. If I put scorch in the deck, I can absolutely guarantee my next game will be against NG reveal, where it's utterly useless.

This is what's broken for me, time and again you're staring at it thinking "if only I'd had x". Add Xavier to your deck, you won't play against SK dead bears. Add scorch or Igni, you won't face either that stupid boosty dwarf or a heavy monster deck. Add lock you'll not play against cards with orders. That's how it feels to me, it feels like you're forever chasing something but constantly being let down. I get that CDPR don't want a silver bullet, but something tells me they've developed an algorithm that actively kills the silver bullet on matchmaking.
To be fair, that is a sign for good balancing, if you want for each Deck another counter. Misfurtune may shine for you, but general speaking this is how it should be.

To be fair, that is a sign for good balancing, if you want for each Deck another counter. Misfurtune may shine for you, but general speaking this is how it should be.

I've played a Skellige deck relying on Regis 3 times. They had Regis as their final card three times. My finisher was nowhere to be seen on each occasion, instead getting constant deals and mulligans that do not have synergy. I swear I managed to get Mahakam Ale into my hand 5 times. You just can't win when the oppo gets 2 x Trophy Catch plus Regis precisely when they need it, which has again got nothing to do with skill.

That's kinda the big gripe about it all - there's so much reliance on the synergy of the deal, "skill" has very little to do with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom