And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The post above should be copy-pasted each time another post asking "Well what's wrong with this version of Gwent? Give it time." is posted.

CDPR management is so dead set in their ways that it's sad. They have tunnel vision for that casual mobile market and they're sticking to their guns to get a once fun game there. But I doubt it'll pay off. Casuals are a fickle bunch. They move on fast when they have options.

I'm so disappointed that I don't even want to buy TB for now because it feels like throwing money on a dying game.

The December patch was supposed to restore some faith but all we got are +/-1 on some cards and provision cost and that's it.

Just release it on mobile already, let it fail and then maybe the management will get something done. Either that or get the servers shut down. Either way it's better than this back and forth.

I can see how that‘s annoying. Unfortunately during release weeks support is usually working on quite a lot reports and if may take sometime or require sending the report again to make sure.

In the meantime check out this thread: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...screen-after-initial-loading-screen.10987499/

Perhaps some of the workarounds here help.

Thanks for trying to be helpful. As I noticed the bug is quite common and well known since the first days of TB release. Some guys even made scripts for the game to resolve the problem because no one helped them https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issues/728. But finally today, I received a support from cdprojekt, they had me to uninstall steam, origin, discord, msi gaming utilities and so on. For me it is paranoia, anyway I followed the tips. As I thought, it helped nothing. Meanwhile the patch 1.0.1 arrived and of course cd projekt did also nothing about it. So I did quite strange thing myself, I just put gog offline and... TB started smoothly as Gwent in the old glorious days! It was an hour ago but I have been still laughing at. Is not ridiculous, that the only way to play the game is in some way cutting off the company which made it? It is just unbelievable how it works. No wonder, poor Gwent had no chance to survive!

Last edited:
But finally today, I received a support from cdprojekt, they had me to uninstall steam, origin, discord, msi gaming utilities and so on. For me it is paranoia, anyway I followed the tips. As I thought, it helped nothing.
My gosh that reminds me of my own experience with the game, not TB but Gwent. Around April of this year, after an update, all of sudden, Gwent started to crash randomly. Not only in game but also in deck builder. I submitted a support ticket and there were a couple of people in relay responded to my emails but all I got was to install this or reinstall that. I followed their instructions and after several months, the problem still persisted. Then the support suggested to install a third party program to clean wipe and reinstall a graphics driver which led to hundreds of dollars of hardware replacement. By the time, I got my pc all fixed, Gwent that I know didn't exist anymore, so to this date, I don't know if it was really my end of the problem.

I am not a noob when comes to computers but not an expert either. I build my own rigs. Not top of the line but certainly above average. I listened to the tech support cuz thought it'd really help but it is the same as anywhere. Unless the support agrees to replace or refund or issue RMA or send real people to ur place to look at things, anything else is just "Do that. See if it works. If not, good luck." Thought CDPR would be different but was wrong again. Lol, I think someday my own naivety will bankrupt me.

Anyways, with that nerve cracking problem, I still loved and continuously played the game. Really thought it'd be my long time obsession after my first long time obsession, Zoo Tycoon 2, which I stopped playing when my first laptop gave out and the game wouldn't run on any newer windows system. When Microsoft finally got to make the game playable again, it was too late. I already moved on to Mass Effect series which ended with ME 3 fiasco. Sigh. Maybe I should look elsewhere for an obsession. It seems like the game industry is too capricious to have my footing firmly planted in any game.

It seems like I can't leave this forum and can't say goodbye to Gwent yet. Not that I have faith in CDPR or anything. It's just that hundreds of dollars spent on Gwent beta left a bad taste in my mouth. It is impossible to love or keep loving someone or something, when the recipient doesn't provide in return to sustain the love. I will eventually get over it, but it isn't something I can ever forget.

Last edited:
^ I don't play Gwent for more then 6 weeks. But i still look here on forum. Like you sad, some kind of love but well i will eventually get over it.

As for me, i still look here on forum because of watching HC fans defense the game vs Old Gwent fans, try to tell us (old Gwent fan) how HC is far better is more amuse than actually play the game :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, occasionally set up some fire here and there, then watch the world BURN :ROFLMAO:

Ooh, how lovely it burns, heheh. -Schirrú

I hate to say but Ive had enough. I logged in with my ps4 pro account which is my main account. I already knew homecoming was a disaster but now with my 700k scraps I realize that premiums... The only thing I like about the game now are disabled with no option to turn them on. You actually have to hold the cursor over them to get 1 at a time to move. They move super slow too. I used to play my premium decks and watch all the cards dance now I can't even do that. I want my $200 odd dollars back from this bs. I love old gwent but all that money for a premium set is useless. I was pissed when I saw the ptr, then the final release but the thought of making my whole premium set actually made me try the game again. Well, Uninstalled on ps4. I won't shut up till we get a refund or beta gwent back, it was at least playable.

Bug on first day is unavoidable, and If you wait long enough, Premiums will come ......eventually.
P/s: BTW, it's a sad user name you got there.
I don't think this is a bug. I'm afraid this is a design decision due to poor optimization. The cards shine just like during midwinter update when the premiums were unavailable. They animate when you hold the cursor over them and they are slowww, like 5 to 10 frames a second. A whole screen of premiums would never work. We were told the game would be better optimized on all platforms but not true. I can run red dead 2 but can't play gwent. Unreal.

Wait, so Premiums on PS4 and such got their animations only when you "hover" over them?

Also, should I point (again) the laughable patch CDPR released? It's like they are having fun with what's left of their players frustration. Six months of waiting with no updates to get Homecoming76, than one more month WAITING for a chunk of your players on gaming platforms other than PC to get the new game at all and the same month the PC players needed to wait to get a preposterous patch, fixing next to nothing considering the major problems the game is facing ATM (removal reigns supreme and unanswerable Leader combos that set up a MASSIVE points swing).

As for me, I even stopped watching streamers playing the game... what's left of them. The games is that much "engaging". The reactions of trynet and chezzy yesterday were so telling of this new "patch", I actually got a good laugh of all the sighing and head shaking.

GG

Screw this game. Screw it to hell and back. Eithne is still annoying, even more annoying, Artifacts, Traps, Epidemics, Scorch, Schirru only decks are in full power again.

Some ways to fix this :
- Make Epidemic a Golden card so you can only have 1 copy in your deck and add +1 provision to it.
- Make Schirru destroy himself when triggering his ability and add +1 provision to that as well.
- Make some sort of equip mechanic where an artifact can't be used without a unit next to it, or add armor to it so we can destroy them with damage cards, not brick our decks with artifact removals that are useless in some matches.
- Make some neutral cards with 2 choices, like Melee - Destroy an Artifact, Ranged - Boost an Ally by X amount or something like that.
- Nerf that Tactical Advantage already, 5 boost points applied to the right unit in some decks means insta lose, reduce it to 2.

I seriously hate this game right now. I HATE IT, uninstalling for now, maybe if they change those cards I"ll come back.
And seriously if they got rid of artifacts altogether I couldn't be happier.

Did I say I hate this game ? Old Gwent compared to this was sooo damn good.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Nerf that Tactical Advantage already, 5 boost points applied to the right unit in some decks means insta lose, reduce it to 2.

Tactical advantage could be reworked as "Order: boost by 1, Charge: 5". At least this way it can't be used fully by those atrocious artefact decks. But still provides 5 point value for a unit deck (since the 1st round is usually 6+ turns).

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
Tactical advantage could be reworked as "Order: boost by 1, Charge: 5". At least this way it can't be used fully by those atrocious artefact decks. But still provides 5 point value for a unit deck (since the 1st round is usually 6+ turns).
But Order with 5 charges doesn't fix it right? You meant cooldown?

Yeah but some decks benefit way too much by buffing a good card that generates value, it should be more of a tactical, low point strategic choice on what unit to buff and when, baiting locks and removal, not a no brainer big buff to the engine card that can win all by itself if left uncontested.

And I wanna say, if you can't force Eredin to use his Leader ability in R1 or R2, in R3 if it's a long round (it usually is), if you have no Scorch or maybe Epidemic, you just instantly lost and there isn't anything you can do about it, damn immune tags, Locks should still be able to target immune things I guess. And because monsters can play big cards in R1 to win and then use ghouls to get an absurd amount of points and immune in R3 is not healthy for the game, Ghouls should be nerfed as well, make them have 3 or 4 points but add Orders to them instead of deploy, or make them like 11 or 12 provisions.

... Make Schirru destroy himself when triggering his ability and add +1 provision to that as well...
Or, you know, you have the Spy tag, why no use it on more cards, like it was in the old days of Gwent (Elven Mercenary, Miruna (than Succubus), Ithlinne, etc.) - Schirru goes in that exact same cathegory right now - you want to burn 3-4-5 units with 6 power? Well, give your opponent 6 points and Schirru is still 12-18-24 points (just throwing numbers) and you know what? You can go even crazier - play him on your side for his points and without the deploy effect - done deal.

But why do this, when we have PROVISIONS. PROVISIONS which since patch number 1 they show they don't know how to exactly use to fix their game.

About the TA - I think Freddybabes nailed it - click on it and let it be just phantom 5 points on your side, with which nor Oppo, nor you can't interact.

They can do a lot of fun stuff still. History teach me they either don't want to bother or do not care to do this.

Started playing on the console version. Something is wrong. I loved Gwent, it was so fun. Started it in closed beta and played up to today. I am just not having fun with it. I can't place my finger on it or describe why but when I do it I feel like I sigh a lot and get bored fast. I am pissed too because this was my favorite card game being such a huge Witcher fan. Not sure if it is how cards work now, the really weak "feel" of the cards, the inability to stop certain things from happening in this game, etc. etc. it just all adds up that I feel like it is a chore to go in and play instead of rushing home, firing it up and playing for hours.

Bummer. I will stick with it for a while, maybe it will grow on me or patches will change things.

Sad.

Any intersting decks to play?

It's the first time I have much more scrap than I know what to do with, and no interest in anything.

Nilfgaard is dead. Probably the least intersting faction. ST is just spam artifacts. What else is there?

Any intersting decks to play?

It's the first time I have much more scrap than I know what to do with, and no interest in anything.

Nilfgaard is dead. Probably the least intersting faction. ST is just spam artifacts. What else is there?
Mate, you're in the wrong thread :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom