And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was at the 4th of december? The rankings were dropping there more than normal. Console release?

Yeah, console release was the 4th. Was also the hotfix/patch that did absolutely nothing but nerfbat Eithne into oblivion :). Unless we count paving the way for NR to go on a rampage, making people revert to point-slam decks and causing the meta to shift to resets/removals/buff theft, thus making said point-slam decks garbage tier.

why are artifacts so binary? you either have a card to destroy them or not and if your deck doesn't have anti-artifact cards well better just forfeit
The entire game is binary - you either have more points than your opponent, or you don't.
Makes sense for the cards to be binary too, doesn't it?

The entire game is binary - you either have more points than your opponent, or you don't.

I believe he'she means binary in the sense if you don't remove artifacts or have some other way to mitigate them (immunity, stuff Sihil can't kill, etc.) they can get obscene value. If you do have a way to remove or mitigate them they're bad cards. In other words, binary in the sense the card has huge variance depending on whether the other player has an answer. This pretty much applies to the entire game.

Many protesters read, without commenting to repeat the same things. Who left it did it even from the game and this is not good for Gwent.
The statistics show a progressive decline and are not fanciful
Unfortunately HC is no longer a card game in the Witcher world, but part of the Thronebreaker gameplay.
Will CDPR have the confidence of its protestors in the future? Yes, they deserve it, but not with HC (my opinion)

Which statiscis? Mind showing?

And if HC is no longer a card game of the Witcher world, and Thronebraker is a card game showcasing Meve from Baptism of Fire (5th book of the saga), and if according to you HC is part of Thronebreaker gameplay, doesn't it means that HC is indeed a card game from the Witcher world? I'm confused.

Then every single game is binary, you either win or lose :ROFLMAO:

It's obvious that this guy just regrets spending cash in videogame instead of "be a real modern cultivated healthy and seductive man".
fantasy, fantasy everywhere . x)

[QUOTE="(...)Sorry to interject the conversation but still disagree to the notion that niche being equated to bad business.[/QUOTE]You are absolutely right. In business there is even saying: "find your niche and stick to/with it".

And if HC is no longer a card game of the Witcher world, and Thronebraker is a card game showcasing Meve from Baptism of Fire (5th book of the saga), and if according to you HC is part of Thronebreaker gameplay, doesn't it means that HC is indeed a card game from the Witcher world? I'm confused...
Err... problem is HC76 is not a card game anymore. It is a Turn Based game in the vein of good old Disciples II. Not nearly as good because it is BROKEN all around, though.

"Remember, remember the 19th of December
Midwinter Treason and Plot
I know of no reason,
Why Midwinter Treason
Should ever be forgot "

We fought to the end in those days and we won. Anyway, we were betrayed once again. But look at the stream. We got to know not only what Jason Slama's favourite card is. Two guys responsible for the current state of game and the murder of Gwent were dismissed. Mistakes were mentioned between the lines. Cdprojekt once again was stopped and has to face the facts. Players are leaving Gwent in the alarming rate. No wonder, they are following the streamers, influencers and creators of the game. Anyway, the last stream showed that we protesters have actually started to win. This statement I found at Polish forum and I agree with it entirely.
And for the records, my words are not against Jason Slama. He is a good guy and most likely the only hope of Gwent. Furthermore, cdprojekt has my gratitude for Witcher games and Gwent. And I am not here for whining or bitching. I am here for the Gwent's sake. The game which is my passion. It is my duty to fight for it.

Last edited:
Then every single game is binary, you either win or lose :ROFLMAO:
But Gwent moreso than other because almost every aspect of it is binary.
It would be extremely good for the game to have other windconditions, like for example mill was in beta.

But Gwent moreso than other because almost every aspect of it is binary.
It would be extremely good for the game to have other windconditions, like for example mill was in beta.

But adding more win conditions (you mean archetypes?) won't change that the game goal is binary, you either lose or win.

First of all, I agree with many of the issues the game has at the moment. I said it multiple times that the game felt rushed and unfinished, and after 6 months of zero updates waiting for HC the expectations were high.

And now I'm not talking about you, but to this thread in general. The scope and roadmap of Gwent looks clear to me. There's no point on wishing for old Gwent to come back, that's NOT gonna happen, so people need accept it and then either move on or stick around.

That point being clear, what we have to expect and ask for is to have the most balanced game we can have under these new circumstances. Meaning that CDPR must assess the current game breaking issues asap (not gonna go in detail because they are well known). The roadmap is full of promises, but promises until done are not more that empty words, so we shall see.

Here, take a look (popularity rank) - it's going down since 23.10.2018. On 04.12 it should go up, right? - you know - consoles official release and another patch.
Well...

And if HC is no longer a card game of the Witcher world, and Thronebraker is a card game showcasing Meve from Baptism of Fire (5th book of the saga), and if according to you HC is part of Thronebreaker gameplay, doesn't it means that HC is indeed a card game from the Witcher world? I'm confused.
Maybe I'm wrong but I think @Vicario was trying to say that Gwent is gone and what we've got and what we play is Thronebraker multiplayer expansion.
And I agree on this.

Cheers.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think @Vicario was trying to say that Gwent is gone and what we've got and what we play is Thronebraker multiplayer expansion.
And I agree on this.

Cheers.

Which is called Gwent. And it's different to the old one, which is not going to come back ever, so you either accept it and play it, or quit.

Can you please be a bit more respective?

Cause tons of US already left.

Thank you.

There's nothing disrespecful in saying to quit if you don't like the game. It's poinstless to ask to old Gwent to come back, it's not gonna happen. We can have certain mechanics backs, but the old board, the three rows, etc , not gonna happen. That's been said many times, you even have the roadmap. So with that point being clear, the thing is to continue whining about it, or accept it and ask for reasonable changes within the new scope of the game.

I'm sorry if it sounds harsh, but this is the reality.

There's nothing disrespecful in saying to quit if you don't like the game. It's poinstless to ask to old Gwent to come back, it's not gonna happen. We can have certain mechanics backs, but the old board, the three rows, etc , not gonna happen. That's been said many times, you even have the roadmap. So with that point being clear, the thing is to continue whining about it, or accept it and ask for reasonable changes within the new scope of the game.

I'm sorry if it sounds harsh, but this is the reality.
So when we do to have smarties like you to say "if you don't like what you have now - leave"?

So when we do to have smarties like you to say "if you don't like what you have now - leave"?

Since this is a forum, and I am as entitled as everyone else here to share my opinion even if you don't like it.

Last edited:
it's different to the old one, which is not going to come back ever
It remains to be seen. Last devs' stream was first step in the right direction. Now I'm waiting for more.

Which is called Gwent.
Just because it's called Gwent doesn't mean it is Gwent
MultiWK_en.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom