And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

rrc

Forum veteran
Have you run into the version using Mourntart yet? :). Promote 2.0 getting abused. Nobody saw that one coming.
What is the Mountart combo you guys are taking about? I thought that card is not good and hasn't seen it being used till now (till rank 12)

What is the Mountart combo you guys are taking about? I thought that card is not good and hasn't seen it being used till now (till rank 12)

Protect Mountart against sniping and have it eat 15 units. Tasty.

Using Eredin Immune on Mourntart so it cannot be removed/locked. Thankfully there is a plethora of counters to immune. Especially when it's an on-demand immune on a leader.

my question is did they used anything substantial from Gwent beta or scrapped the thing in six months?

my question is did they used anything substantial from Gwent beta or scrapped the thing in six months?
Eh... Everything? Almost all card arts, mechanics, a row system, all factions and their features, and many other things. They have just removed the third row, reworked all cards and leaders, reworked mulligan system, and implemented a rovision system. The Gwent beta was a fundamet, and now they are building a complete game.

Eh... Everything? Almost all card arts, mechanics, a row system, all factions and their features, and many other things. They have just removed the third row, reworked all cards and leaders, reworked mulligan system, and implemented a rovision system. The Gwent beta was a fundamet, and now they are building a complete game.

Well, the cards mechanics changed completely.

But mechanics themselves are the same.
IIRC they removed only one feature -- armor, and everything related to it.
uhm.. no.
only what left are card art, names and witcher world factions.. "mechanics" as a name stayed - but synergy and complexity of mechanics were completely scraped, and much more randomized than ever. and anything else were changed according to it.

Which mechanics your reffering to? Yes you still have to place cards to generate points, highest point win a round, 2 round win a match. You can still buff, damage and just "pointspam". Most of the mechanics are still in the game, besides armor and some others, but the one who are still inside got butchered to some degree (beside damage and buff). Mostly by just reducing the amount of card using them. So now it works mostly different of how cards interact with each other, which is meant by saying "mechanics changed completely"

I see that it's mostly synergistic mechanics the ones that were left behind, that's why the game seems to be so bland now. There's way less interactions between cards so building a deck is mostly optimizing provisions.

I have not yet deleted the game, but I almost do not play anymore. I will never understand why the developers decided to change the game almost completely after several years of testing.

No one has ever done this in the history of card games.

It's one thing to change a few cards, but the complete reworking of the game - did they think it was so bad or too complicated for common average players?

It seems that the game did not get a lot of new players and the only way to make money for them is the old players.

Right now the only further steps are aimed at tightening the economy, so I do not expect too much.

The best in "new" Gwent is matchmaking. When you play 5 top decks you can have around 60% succes. But when you play something out of meta, you just pray...

Machines? lock, lock, lock = L // you dont have lock or move, you loose, becouse enemy has 40 charge Kiyan/Foltest Pride
Artifacts (Sihil etc): no comment, it is [nope] no fun to play againist.

In old gwent, almost every deck has its combos and you can play it... now, you just waiting if you draw them in 3rd round and your enemy dont have locks/removes, i get to the rank5 this season and i dont think i am even an "average" player, just kinda run variations of top decks and faced Eist warriors/Breuver elves all the time, what a fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best in "new" Gwent is matchmaking. When you play 5 top decks you can have around 60% succes. But when you play something out of meta, you just pray...

That's because they went from MMR-based ranks for mosaic-based ranks a la Hearthstone. Thanks to this it's no longer viable to run anything but top tier decks at any rank.

This is another change that I will never understand. Gwent had a perfect ranked mode:

- You could play any deck and reach at least rank 18-19 (rank 21 was the highest, rank 1 the lowest) because on lower ranks you got more points for winning than lost for losing
- You could reach rank 21 each month after playing 50-70 games (provided you were good and had a high winrate, like 70-80%). With the new system it takes over 100 games to reach the top rank even with 100% winrate
- You used to receive really good rewards for ranking up

Basically, the new system is all about grind and less about skill. Like the whole HC.

They certainly did not keep many of the previous mechanics. There are a lot that are missing. The previous row system was changed and was not kept. Of course the previous factions would be kept. There is no reason they would remove any of them so that is a no brainer.

I don't see how this is a complete game compared to before homecoming. It feels like large steps backward from what we had before.
Post automatically merged:

Whole archetypes were scrapped or made so bad that they can no longer function independently. Spies for example is no longer an archetype. Just some cards you throw into a deck. Consume only fuctions with deathwish. Swarm is basically non existent. No idea why armor was completely removed. The game needs as much functionality as it can get. The cursed archetype was removed instead of improved on.

The game feels extremely gutted from what we had before and the card abilities are far worse IMO.

Last edited:

You must've never actually played beta, dozens of mechanics were removed!

There's no more Blacklisting, Strengthen/Weaken, Boons, Swap, Armor, Reveal/Conceal, CA Spies, Weather Synergy, Truce, Ambush Bamboozle, Duel (only Seltkirk left!), and Crewman.

Because there are less tutors, tags matter way less. In fact, Skellige Clans are completely gone, also NR country decks like Temerians too.

There's almost no cards that let you choose from multiple options in HC, like old Ceallach and Silver mages.

On top of all the core mechanic changes (like Mulligans, Draw Count, Hand limit, Leaders, Rows, No Silver Cards) how can anyone even say this is the same game? Personally i think they should bring all these back, the game feels way too simple without all these mechanics and abilities that felt essential for strategies. I think they should bring back beloved abilities like Trio, Quen, and Demote while they are at it.

You must've never actually played beta, dozens of mechanics were removed!

There's no more Blacklisting, Strengthen/Weaken, Boons, Swap, Armor, Reveal/Conceal, CA Spies, Weather Synergy, Truce, Ambush Bamboozle, Duel (only Seltkirk left!), and Crewman.

Because there are less tutors, tags matter way less. In fact, Skellige Clans are completely gone, also NR country decks like Temerians too.

There's almost no cards that let you choose from multiple options in HC, like old Ceallach and Silver mages.

On top of all the core mechanic changes (like Mulligans, Draw Count, Hand limit, Leaders, Rows, No Silver Cards) how can anyone even say this is the same game? Personally i think they should bring all these back, the game feels way too simple without all these mechanics and abilities that felt essential for strategies. I think they should bring back beloved abilities like Trio, Quen, and Demote while they are at it.

What's sad is that the game was arguably too simple back then.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom