And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop being so dramatic. Believe it or not, Gwent is a relatively small game with small player base. The game you played is gone, like it or not. It is honestly getting annoying seeing you beta players running around regurgitating the same thing every day. Also, this is golden:

it's not apology that I am looking for.
Simple words like "We hear you guys but sorry. What you see in the game is Gwent now" (in a formal way) would be suffice.

Do you think this might be a simple test and they will revert back to the beta?! The game is already convoluted. You search on google for one card, and then you get results for Gwent in Witcher, Beta and the current version. The last thing they need do any major changes one more time.

How about stop being so arrogant?

Do not speak of things which you don't know.

If people have spent hundreds and thousands of hours playing a game that they loved, and that was taken away from them, it's their right to ask for it back. It does not concern you, it has nothing to do with you. You can keep on playing your Homecoming as much as you like, I'm not going to ask the devs to destroy it. So why do you have a problem with me asking for the game I want? You can play your HC and I can play my Gwent.

What I want, and what I ask for is none of your business. As a matter of fact, why would you even come in a thread called "Gwent is uninstalled" to start ranting about how annoyed you are at our protests, and how we should get over it and stop being so dramatic? Again, NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. We are not affecting your gameplay in any way.

Eventually yes, the game will shut itself down - because more and more players are leaving. But that is not my fault and it is not the fault of other beta players who are upset. Just like we can't force you to stop playing Homecoming (and we shouldn't! because you are enjoying yourself), you can't force us to play something we don't like. It's not very complicated to understand.

Furthermore, this forum is for the Gwent community, which we are, and we are free to express our opinions here. Many of us have supported CDPR financially and/or sunken endless hours in "testing" this game (which I find is a lie, because you can't call it testing if a totally new product is gonna come out at the end), so I think we have the right to say what we want.

You literally have nothing to add to this debate which cannot possibly concern someone who's been playing for a couple months.

Welcome to HC and enjoy.

rrc

Forum veteran
I think one of the unique things Gwent had, which they decided to diminish by a lot, was the Witcher's lore.
That was an awesome post! I had literally laughed out loud when The Incessant keeps coming back with an awesome voice line! Same goes with all examples you had given. Seriously CDPR should put much more efforts to bring back the Lore and make characters to have relevant abilities and weather synergy etc. Geralt Professionals had an ability to kill any monster faction card. Now he kills units which confirm 3's multiplication table (Geralt never did anything about 3 multiplication table). It is really stupid. I never thought about it, but your post made me realise it. If CDPR adjusts the abilities to Lore friendly, it will make the game more wonderful.

Nobody is asking to bring old Gwent back? Then I must have missed at least 500 post of this thread.

Yes, you totally missed the point of this thread.

Pointing out issues of HC and suggesting ways to fix them is not the same as asking to bring old Gwent back (but yes, that would be a desirable outcome for many of the beta players - you know, to get the game we beta-tested).

Pointing out issues of HC and suggesting ways to fix them is not the same as asking to bring old Gwent back (but yes, that would be a desirable outcome for many of the beta players - you know, to get the game we beta-tested).
You either being disingenuous or having a short memory. Here, let me remind you:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...say-for-a-week-or-two.10992352/#post-11278201

Shall we look at some of the gems there?

- if it doesn't have three rows, it's not Gwent to me, and I will not play it

-I don't want to formulate ideas, if reroll is a no-go.

These are the same few people who keep posting negative comments on these forums. It got so toxic there that I personally requested moderators to close that thread.

You either being disingenuous or having a short memory. Here, let me remind you:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...say-for-a-week-or-two.10992352/#post-11278201

Shall we look at some of the gems there?

- if it doesn't have three rows, it's not Gwent to me, and I will not play it

-I don't want to formulate ideas, if reroll is a no-go.

These are the same few people who keep posting negative comments on these forums. It got so toxic there that I personally requested moderators to close that thread.

Only person being disingenuous in that thread is you. You started out by saying that people shouldn't be harsh with players who are protesting about the game, as they have their reasons - yet here you are giving redpoints to posts which basically tell us to shut the f.. up. Anyways, was your olive branch unconditional?

No it wasn't. Your condition for us "working together" was that we had to "move on" and "get used to it" and "accept" the fact that features we love are gone forever. That this is the new Gwent, and only within this framework can we work towards the betterment of the game.

To which I replied, as you so kindly quoted, if it doesn't have three rows, it's not Gwent to me, and I will not play it. What is negative about that? How is wanting a certain game feature, which we had before, being "negative"?

It's called consumer choice. If I my lease on a BMW 545 expires and I go in for the new model, but lo-and-behold, they decided to cut out 100hp from the engine, I'm not having it. They're gonna say, "yeah but it doesn't really matter, because we have this great bi-turbo that's gonna make up for that power", I will still say no thanks, I'm not driving it, I'm not leasing it.

It is my liberty to decide what I want to spend money/time on, and to clearly state my choice. There is zero negativity about it.

Nobody threatened anyone, nobody demeaned anyone, there was no violence and no insult in that thread. If to you criticism towards a company or product is "toxic", I don't even know what to say to you.

Here comes @Archpriest again inflaming the post... I thought we were past this.

Using your (offensive) words, this is a topic to "complain and moan". Arent we allowed to voice and keep voicing our discontent towards the game without being sistematically attacked by expressing our opinions? Have you considered why this is the most active topic in the forum? 50 pages in 3 months?

Either way I think that the protesters have said what there was to say, and as the time goes by the arguments are repeated over and over. Sure, but some of us anti-protesters disagree, as some of us or me personally think that the game is great as it is.
What I dont like about the continous protest is that due to my beliefs that it discourages new players from joining, as the game reviews post homecoming are mostly negative. So it is in my interest to "silent" this thread due to possible (extended) reputation damage it might have on current Gwent. Is it realy this what you wish? Because lets be real, devs wont revert their previous work.

What I dont like about the continous protest is that due to my beliefs that it discourages new players from joining, as the game reviews post homecoming are mostly negative. So it is in my interest to "silent" this thread due to possible (extended) reputation damage it might have on current Gwent.

Amazing. Simply amazing. But yeah I understand that THIS is exactly what the bunch of you want. To silence negative opinions.

Moderator: All right, everybody, time for another break.

Yes, we are all well aware that some players are dissatisfied with the state of Gwent, and others like it. However, when threads become a string of personal skirmishes (some dredged up from other places), cyclical complaints, or derogatory remarks about veterans versus newcomers, the conversation is no longer productive. It also dances perilously near the edge of the rules. Therefore, let's draw the line here. Enough is enough.

Closed.

After a very long debate, we've decided to open up the thread again. Users are free to criticize the topic of course, but they have to keep it friendly, respectful and constructive. Not repetitive, not angry and not bitter. The thread was closed because we've received too many reports about it. That, together with the discussion going around in circles, the added value of keeping the thread alive was not worth it.

However, it's a bit of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, we want to allow freedom of speech (within the limits of the forum rules), a conduit for users to share their experiences, whether it's negative or positive. On the other hand, the debate has quickly gotten out of hand every time, which negatively affects the forums and we don't want that.

Another misunderstanding is that some users have misinterpreted the closure of the thread as silencing their voices because of all the negativity. However, it's not because of the negative opinions, but rather because some users didn't follow the forum rules, resulting in an inhospitable environment. Still, a small group should not have to the spoil it for the rest of us. So, we're giving it another go.

Remember, in this thread, you will often find people passionately expressing their opinions, which may differ from yours. Regardless of these differences, please, keep the following basic rules in mind:
  • always treat others with kindness and respect
  • do not insult others and try not to easily take offense
  • avoid excessive swearing/profanity
In particular, it is prohibited to:
  • spam and/or publish posts lacking meaningful content
  • ridicule other users, post content which insults individuals or social groups, or spoil (in a broad sense) the fun of other users
There won't be another in-thread warning. You know the rules and you will have to respect them. Violations will result in a written warning, possibly leading to a ban. T(h)read carefully.

EDIT: Do NOT discuss this post here. It's not the topic of this thread and, more importantly, it's against the forum rules: all discussion of moderation must take place in Private Messages.

Last edited:
I really wan to say goodbye here and somehow express my thoughts.

I have been with GWENT from server test, even from first hours of closed beta. I played 600 hours of Gwent, I spent 200€ on ingame items, I spent so much time on Youtube and Twitch watching streamers, great people like swim, MegaMogwai, crokeyz, Merchant, and more - and Iam sincerly sorry I cant name you all, but you all are great.
These thousands of hours will never be forgotten, not for me. Gwent was my first and last CCG I ever play, even one of few multiplayer games I played (Iam more of singleplayer guy).

nevertheless, Gwent has been uninstalled from my PC. Reason is obvious - Homecoming.

I was really sceptical from moment they announced it, I knew it will be devastating blow, but I still kept my hopes, Even if I was so angry and write a few things on forums, FB page, etc.. I still hoped for and wanted Homecoming to be good. Its not. thousand times not.

I spent some few hours in Homecoming version, I tried, really tried to like this look, this complete overhaul, completely new game, believe me, I tried. But the game now is so boring, so slow, so random. I dont know where to start with criticism, so many things are wrong, so many good things are gone, so many crap things are present.

I feel disapointed, I feel robbed. All those moment I spent with Gwent are gone, i should have invested it in reading, earning money, gym, etc.. All those efforts are thrown to trash, vomit on and serve it back as Homecoming.

Sadly, farewell Gwent - if you ever want me to return, you have to be game I felt love with..
Bye.

Goodbye, I cannot say I will miss you though.. Homecoming is better than Beta in every way..!
Case closed..

Goodbye, I cannot say I will miss you though.. Homecoming is better than Beta in every way..!
Case closed..

I mean no offense but be nice :).

I like parts of HC too. I also don't like parts of it. As an example, the fact the Gwentiverse is under siege by the Unicorns. Every single game I have to hear, "NEIGHHHHH", twice. Or SK can thin their entire deck because it's their "faction identity". Tall MS decks can chain spam 9+ units into Thrives because, evidently, "9 power, no ability.", is the best we can come up with. Consequently, Yrden, Regis: HV, Cahir and "kill big unit" cards are freaking everywhere. Playing Arachas Queen against control decks will make your ears bleed. Everything NG does is annoying. No way, they're opening with Magne Divisions.... Never seen that before. The list goes on. Better in some ways, worse in others. Still a long way to go.

The short version.... if you love it, great. Some do not.

Why's it horrible? Random card gen is an absolute unmitigated shambles. Every card with random needs to be nerfed or reworked, it's HORRIBLE and detracts from any skill required to win rounds.

The reveal function is way, way worse than it was in Beta.

There are too many pointless and badly-designed cards, and too many poor mechanics. That 13-point card of NG is the most stupidly OP card I've come across - every time it just stick a low value bronze in the wrong place, it's WAY too high a power.

There's no point in transmuting to make something "shiny".

The board makes NO sense. 3d "leader" with some cards on a dark board, where you can't really see your hand very well.

All in all it just feels like we've fallen into another Beta, but for a different game. I feel for anyone who spent a lot of time and money on Beta, this isn't what anyone signed up for.

-Cards with "random" existed in Beta too. This is NOT a valid point since the main argument that is discussed in this thread is "HC vs Beta".. I agree though, cards with "random" mechanic are horrible in general..

-The reveal is way better in HC, I disliked the fact people could see my hand, this shouldn't be allowed in any card game.. It completely removes the point of trying to outplay someone.. HC deals with the "Reveal" mechanic a lot better.. It gives you information on what deck your enemy is playing but it does not show your enemy's hand..

-There were many badly designed or atrocious OP cards in Beta as well.. Again, not a valid point..

-3d leaders do not change anything gameplay-wise.. You can see your hand just fine.. And btw, leaders have way better mechanics in HC..

So considering all the above.. Why beta was "better" again??? Cause imo HC is better in every way!!!
Post automatically merged:

I like parts of HC too. I also don't like parts of it. As an example, the fact the Gwentiverse is under siege by the Unicorns. Every single game I have to hear, "NEIGHHHHH", twice. Or SK can thin their entire deck because it's their "faction identity". Tall MS decks can chain spam 9+ units into Thrives because, evidently, "9 power, no ability.", is the best we can come up with. Consequently, Yrden, Regis: HV, Cahir and "kill big unit" cards are freaking everywhere. Playing Arachas Queen against control decks will make your ears bleed. Everything NG does is annoying. No way, they're opening with Magne Divisions.... Never seen that before. The list goes on. Better in some ways, worse in others. Still a long way to go.

Good points.. But my main argument is that Beta was not better than HC.. If nothing else, HC is better...

HC is perfect? Nope, of course not.. But pretending HC didn't make Gwent better is baseless imo..

Edit: Forgot to mention that were TONS of annoying and OP things in Beta as well.! So Beta is no better than HC...

Last edited:

Dont forget the coming Usurper meta :D

Cards with "random" existed in Beta too
And where hated there as well.
The reveal is way better in HC
I dont think so. Reveal now is just pure luck (except you can assume your opponents remaining-deck, which is very unlikly, because you cant choose your opponent beforehand. So if you fight against a deck, you can assume the cards, its just luck as well). Beta-reveal maybe overdo it, because you could show the hole hand, but the mchanic itself was moch more compex and better in my eyes, because it allows much more synergy-play
There were many badly designed or atrocious OP cards in Beta as well.. Again, not a valid point..
Again, they were hated and mentioned as well. And if it is no argument for beta, it still isnt one for HC as well.
3d leaders do not change anything gameplay-wise.. You can see your hand just fine.. And btw, leaders have way better mechanics in HC..
3D isnt good in a 2D game, design-wise. You coundlt see you hand in beta? The mechanics now arent really better. They are just stronger, because of activating AND play a card in same turn. I agree, some leaders are better by designed now, but i disagree to say, this is a general course.

Last edited:
-

HC is perfect? Nope, of course not.. But pretending HC didn't make Gwent better is baseless imo..

At release I definitely did not feel like homecoming was better. There were maybe 2 or 3 things I thought were better and a long list of stuff I thought was worse.

Reveal is only worse now because of it's high reliance on RNG. Homecoming was supposed to be moving away from RNG/Create cards but then they injected more RNG into reveal? That is ridiculous.

The latest patch helped the game out in regards to mulligans so I'll give it credit there. I think eventualy the game can become better than beta but that is still a ways off IMO. The cards were just not designed well. The devs have always had issues with balancing but they took big steps backwards withhomecoming. Reveal is just one example. Artifacts are horribly designed cards and CDPR apparently has no desire to change them. It just isn't interesting gameplay to say "Oh my opponent is playing a bucch of artifacts and I don't have any removal for them so I probaly lose now". That is the most boring type of gameplay you can get. So many cards aren't used because of them being too weak or just not making sense. One example is the card that just destroys a resilient unit. Resilience is almost never played. Even the faction that has a few of them almost never uses them. So that card is pointless right now. Deck building should be very intersting but for me it just isn't. Archtypes in beta made teh game feel a lot better but that is largely missing from homecoming. There just aren't very many clear archtypes that actually work. It's very disappointing. The launch for homecoming was EXTREMELY sloppy. So any potential it has is hidden far beneath it's many problems.

How to make people happy? Take everything from them and then give something back.

That's what CDPR did with HC and mulligan update.

It's a step in the right direction, but the game took a dozen steps back with HC.

At least they realized how flawed the Homecoming mulligan system was and went back on it. Hopefully they keep restoring the game and change the draw count and bring archetypes back.

I decided to give hc another chance. Installed yesterday and was able to play only 3 games. Won two of them but frankly did not know why. So little synergy, archetypes castrated and hard to distinguish, no place for strategy, still slow unacceptable tempo, got boring and just sad. Uninstalled again. I never experienced such feelings playing not only Gwent but all games of cdprojekt. And one more thought, why do they hate Old Good Gwent project so much? They exterminated it and not even want to talk about it. There are no memories of those glorious days, no official comparison between these two diffrent projects (numbers of players and so on). Nobody really cares anymore about OGG players and it seems that there is a wish that we should disappear. But they should also remeber that Gwent was with us for two years. There were and still there are so much positive feelings about it, there is still the great passion for the game. How can it be forgotten just like that? And do they really want to create games to which we will not be attached and will forget them in a day or two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom