And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Temporarily closing this for clean-up. Edits, deletions and Warnings will be going out due to lots of unacceptable content.
Thread will be open again soon.

Clean-up finished and thread re-opened.

To avoid similar incidents in the future, I would like to remind you of certain rules that are particularly relevant in this thread.

Remember, in this thread, you will often find people passionately expressing their opinions, which may differ from yours. Regardless of these differences, please, keep the following basic rules in mind:

• always treat others with kindness and respect
  • do not insult others and try not to easily take offense
  • avoid excessive swearing/profanity
In particular, it is prohibited to:

• spam and/or publish posts lacking meaningful content
  • ridicule other users, post content which insults individuals or social groups, or spoil (in a broad sense) the fun of other users
Also, if you see someone posting content that violates the rules, please report or ignore it instead of responding. I had to delete multiple posts that were quoting such content.

I always miss those deleted posts and then i wonder what did i miss lol
Anyway Slay the Spire is kinda a card game or not? Not sure if worth buy it. Also Artifact is dying or not yet?

Anyway Slay the Spire is kinda a card game or not? Not sure if worth buy it. Also Artifact is dying or not yet?

Slay the spire was relatively short but it was a ton of fun. For its price I'd say its worth it, specially if they are adding more content.

Slay the Spire is a card game. You can beat it in less than one hour, but its replayability is very high. I played for 40+ hours and still haven't unlocked all cards (character abilities and perks). It's one of the best roguelike / card games I ever played.

Artifact is definitely dying. It already has roughly the same amount of players as TES Legends which has been out for 2 years. You can check online stats on steamdb.com

Just thought I'd chip in with some interesting Steam stats on Thronebreaker:

The all-time player peak was 3.371, and that was three months ago.

Right now the player-in-game number is about 500 on any given day.

I sure wish we had some Steam stats for HC...

Just thought I'd chip in with some interesting Steam stats on Thronebreaker:

The all-time player peak was 3.371, and that was three months ago.

Right now the player-in-game number is about 500 on any given day.

I sure wish we had some Steam stats for HC...
But in all fairness, TB was released in Steam later and it's only less than half of the total number of players. Also, most of the players had finished the game twice. For such a short single player game, I think the current numbers don't do any justice.

HC, well, that we can never know. I believe that it will be on track after the next expansion in March.

Purchased TB only to get the gwent cards, sad. Puzzles were fun, story ok, would I replay again ? Only on the easiest difficulty in order to skip boring battles.

But in all fairness, TB was released in Steam later and it's only less than half of the total number of players. Also, most of the players had finished the game twice. For such a short single player game, I think the current numbers don't do any justice.

HC, well, that we can never know. I believe that it will be on track after the next expansion in March.

What makes you think Steam is less than half the number of players?

On the contrary, I would suspect there are much more Steam players than GOG.

After all, the only reason they even agreed to release on Steam is because GOG sales were poor.

But in all fairness...
Keep repeating that. Maybe the numbers will magically multiply 100 times like that.

It is sadness, but TB killed Gwent.

I know there are people that are working hard on this project still, but as of right we have this exact situation. Can it rebounce? Maybe. But repairing the players broken trust? I don't think so.

It is sadness.

On so many levels.

would I replay again ? Only on the easiest difficulty in order to skip boring battles.

I did it this way. First playthrough on the hardest difficulty, second on the easiest only to unlock all achievements and Gwent contracts.
And one more thing:
I really hated Gwent HC in the beginning (in this topic you can find proof). It was a different game (not the beloved one), nearly unplayable, no fun, etc...but I played it. It was hard but I said, I collect RP and we'll see. And patches were coming and the game feels much better now. There is ofc much work to do, but I found out that after the Mulligan Update I really like to play this game.

It would be exciting to see the numbers, however if they are low, people may be discouraged to play, calling it dead game etc before even trying. A rebound would maybe be unlikely, but who knows.
Look at the rank and proladder and you will see the numbers. I gave hc another try ( I can't rememeber which one it was) and was ranked below 50k in the middle of the season. Proladder in January has a liitle over 500 players, in comparison there were 2k players in December. These stats clearly say that there are currently 2-3 times fewer players than in the beta times.

Last edited:
I did it this way. First playthrough on the hardest difficulty, second on the easiest only to unlock all achievements and Gwent contracts.
And one more thing:
I really hated Gwent HC in the beginning (in this topic you can find proof). It was a different game (not the beloved one), nearly unplayable, no fun, etc...but I played it. It was hard but I said, I collect RP and we'll see. And patches were coming and the game feels much better now. There is ofc much work to do, but I found out that after the Mulligan Update I really like to play this game.

Agree. Having a lot of fun with the game right now so looking forward to the future. Can't wait to see what it's like after the 100 card expansion.

Just watched this
and got me to whine a bit
So here I whine. There were some amazing plays where you play a card that lets you play another card that lets you choose between options that lets you play 3 combo cards from your deck...
Best I could do in HC is a tripple Horn...

Most amazing Beta deck I think was the Nekker one... Despite of being certain that opponent can insta-kill big units fed up upon a hardcore consume combo, such a deck's been playable at tournament level, meaning it was possible to get enough value out of it through calculations :O (I guess)
Will Gernichora provide similar experience? I feel that she's just a stright-value provider, one per round...

Just watched this (...) and got me to whine a bit
So here I whine. There were some amazing plays where you play a card that lets you play another card that lets you choose between options that lets you play 3 combo cards from your deck...
Best I could do in HC is a tripple Horn...

Most amazing Beta deck I think was the Nekker one... Despite of being certain that opponent can insta-kill big units fed up upon a hardcore consume combo, such a deck's been playable at tournament level, meaning it was possible to get enough value out of it through calculations :O (I guess)
Will Gernichora provide similar experience? I feel that she's just a stright-value provider, one per round...
Once upon a time there was a tavern
Where we used to play a round or two
Remember how we laughed away the hours
And dreamed of all the great plays we would do.
Those were the days...

Gernichora? We are a day after the patch and everything is clear now. As Jaskier said, shit happens way to often. I would say, here again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom