And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gwent is doing great :) and it will be better in the future :).
Post automatically merged:

If you enjoy it, just play and dont listen to haters :)

Oh I do play it, although there are some valid points in this forum ,such as lack of a solid bronze core for some factions/leaders. This I think is a very constructive and focused debate which does not have anything to do with hate. Given that the number of bronze cards is unchanged in comparison with beta, it just indicates that developers should do some rework on some of those cards.
However, now that we have new leaders, some cards that never saw play are actually coming to life.

This thread will never be closed, and if it will be another one will pop up right after that. Its not because gwent got better or worse, it's because as long as there are more then 10 ppl playing gwent at least 2-3 won't be happy about it espesially if there are changes (or lack of changes for a long time for that matter). People always complain, always disagree and thats fine, people need some platform to blow off some steam about a game they enjoyed and its understandable as well, but frankly statements like "thats it, gwent is dying cause 2 lane are dumbing down the game..." make me smile.

During the couple of years i've been playing gwent there never was a time when a topic named "Gwent is totaly broken now... Not coming back before gwent is finally fixed/is great again..." didn't exist on the forum. There always was something - untouchable golds (Henselts gold rush), imba monsters (that seems to a persistant issue most of the time), Weather ruining the game, Imba SK queens guard, Annoing spellatel - you name it. And yet the game lived on, got patched, fixed, changed for better or for worse - but its still here for those who enjoy it.

Can't say I don't miss some of the beta aspects, but then again i enjoy the game (thats why i reinstalled it after a year long break) and i trust CDPR know a bit better than me (and the vast majority of the players) how to run and change the game properly, I guess that why they are game developers and i'm not. And yes the moment me or any of us stop enjoying gwent we will uninstall it (as every other game for that matter) because after all we are palying for fun and not to make a living.

My advice to players that suffer after the HC so much is to take a break from gwent and check out the updates from time to time, who knows maybe u'll come back and enjoy it again in a few months, thats pretty much what i did before midwinter patch.

A few posts edited / deleted.

Please, do not engage in personal disputes. Keep the conversation on the topic -- not the people behind the arguments.

A reminder that everyone's opinion is welcome and everyone's opinion is to be respected. If you don't feel you can respect someone else's thoughts and views -- do not post. You're welcome to find a discussion that's more to your liking.

And i cant play the game now, cause seems my pc became suddenly with low parameters to can handle it. All that started after tha last patch before 3 days, when almost every game i tryed to play crashed and counted to me as lose without i rly even played. I tryed to repair it ,reinstall it ,low the video and few things ,nothing helped. And before that patch it was fine. Tell me ,how to play on ranked with the allways feeling that i could be disconected? Sad times :(

This thread will never be closed, and if it will be another one will pop up right after that. Its not because gwent got better or worse, it's because as long as there are more then 10 ppl playing gwent at least 2-3 won't be happy about it espesially if there are changes (or lack of changes for a long time for that matter). People always complain, always disagree and thats fine, people need some platform to blow off some steam about a game they enjoyed and its understandable as well, but frankly statements like "thats it, gwent is dying cause 2 lane are dumbing down the game..." make me smile.

During the couple of years i've been playing gwent there never was a time when a topic named "Gwent is totaly broken now... Not coming back before gwent is finally fixed/is great again..." didn't exist on the forum. There always was something - untouchable golds (Henselts gold rush), imba monsters (that seems to a persistant issue most of the time), Weather ruining the game, Imba SK queens guard, Annoing spellatel - you name it. And yet the game lived on, got patched, fixed, changed for better or for worse - but its still here for those who enjoy it.

Can't say I don't miss some of the beta aspects, but then again i enjoy the game (thats why i reinstalled it after a year long break) and i trust CDPR know a bit better than me (and the vast majority of the players) how to run and change the game properly, I guess that why they are game developers and i'm not. And yes the moment me or any of us stop enjoying gwent we will uninstall it (as every other game for that matter) because after all we are palying for fun and not to make a living.

My advice to players that suffer after the HC so much is to take a break from gwent and check out the updates from time to time, who knows maybe u'll come back and enjoy it again in a few months, thats pretty much what i did before midwinter patch.

Even if cdpr fixes gwent in the future (which is unlikely to happen) I still won't be coming back. They milled my entire premium collection and removed the option to craft it back. Not even EA does the sh*t like that.

Even if cdpr fixes gwent in the future (which is unlikely to happen) I still won't be coming back. They milled my entire premium collection and removed the option to craft it back. Not even EA does the sh*t like that.

There was a window of almost 6 weeks where you could have crafted your premium collection. I do understand that a returning player might miss this window, but CDPR cannot delay the inevitable. Gwent was already (and still is) one of the most generous CCG out there; so much that CDPR might actually went a bit too far. The EA version would only be pay to win, which is still a lot worse.

I have to disagree, I think the complaints in this thread cannot be attributed to the complaints bound to arise in any game (which is something bound to always happen, and probably a reason why some don't play HC and complain here). If the game changed for the better or for the worse is a debatable argument based on taste; the problem that is being constantly expressed (by what I believe was half the player base) is that while other versions of Gwent during its creation have changed the gameplay, they still used the essence of the game as its base. The best way I can describe it from my point of view is that Gwent was more of a strategy card game that was injected with CCG elements (that's what made it unique and different from the other card games on the market). With HC, its kind of the opposite, it uses mechanics commonly used on CCGs for its core and then makes it different using some aspects of the Gwent card game. This makes sense since the team wanted to use the medium to make it into a CCG since the beginning and Gwent's base didn't seem to fit the CCG they wanted to make, but most of us feel they instead created something different and special that a lot of us really liked.

When Gwent became stale after Midwinter and the break, I started trying other card games like Hearthstone, Eternal, Runeswards, Shadowverse, Shadow Era, and many many others, but I found that those type of card games didn't appeal to my taste. They are good, but its the base they all share which I don't find interesting, and with HC is that same feeling. That's why I doubt players who don't play will come back until something drastic happens (which it won't because there is always going to be someone playing so...).

Skip Next Sentence: stuff that's been repeated again and again, especially here.

That is why the Witcher aspect in terms of gameplay design is lost, the elements of card advantage, management, bluffing, spies, etc has been heavily controlled or eliminated; that is why abilities instead of being varied and unique to the character they are trying to represent, they are scattered and simplify to follow the base of most games out there.

End of my whining :)

Yes homecoming is different from others, and according to taste it can be considered good, but most people that stayed this long were attracted by a different kind of game which Gwent kind of created (and I think this was one of the reasons the game was so appealing to none CCG gamers like myself and Witcher fans).

Really, if HC was designed more traditionally: with Leaders having HP, cards attacking each other, etc, I think it would make a lot more sense with the way it's currently designed. For now, it seems like a game unsure on what it wants to focus on because they have announced more changes to its core, they still feel like they can appeal to the people who stopped playing even if they entirely changed the base, and they seem to want to apply things from the Gwent we played before instead of following the new direction they instituted with HC (they already brush us over with the decision to create HC so I don't understand why do they care). Until they decide what they want I don't think theirs any reason to come back because they're going to keep changing its base to try to appeal to everyone and it feels like it will not please either of the players (speculation of course. It'll probably be an ok expansion for the game I guess).

What bothers me the most is that they are using the Hello Games communication strategy: ignore the complaints from a part of the playerbase publicly, fix the game internally and hope the dedication to your product is able to fix the bad marketing and horrible decisions in release and communications.

Those are my two long cents nobody asked for.
:D

[QUOTE="apu11, is that while other versions of Gwent during its creation have changed the gameplay, they still used the essence of the game as its base. The best way I can describe it from my point of view is that Gwent was more of a strategy card game that was injected with CCG elements (that's what made it unique and different from the other card games on the market). With HC, its kind of the opposite, it uses mechanics commonly used on CCGs for its core and then makes it different using some aspects of the Gwent card game.
:D[/QUOTE]

I think that's why I'm a fan of homecoming even if I still really enjoyed close and open beta. I didn't even played even knew the Witcher universe, and even less the games (thx to Gwent I knew them but that's not the point).

I'm more a fan of ccg that loved Gwent because it did his own things and have his own set of rules that had nothing to do with typical CCG, and I still believe it is very different from them. I think Gwent is a very good card game that has great potential to grow, I just hope more people, not necessarily Witcher fans, came and enjoy it.

I have to disagree, I think the complaints in this thread cannot be attributed to the complaints bound to arise in any game (which is something bound to always happen, and probably a reason why some don't play HC and complain here). If the game changed for the better or for the worse is a debatable argument based on taste; the problem that is being constantly expressed (by what I believe was half the player base) is that while other versions of Gwent during its creation have changed the gameplay, they still used the essence of the game as its base. The best way I can describe it from my point of view is that Gwent was more of a strategy card game that was injected with CCG elements (that's what made it unique and different from the other card games on the market). With HC, its kind of the opposite, it uses mechanics commonly used on CCGs for its core and then makes it different using some aspects of the Gwent card game. This makes sense since the team wanted to use the medium to make it into a CCG since the beginning and Gwent's base didn't seem to fit the CCG they wanted to make, but most of us feel they instead created something different and special that a lot of us really liked.

When Gwent became stale after Midwinter and the break, I started trying other card games like Hearthstone, Eternal, Runeswards, Shadowverse, Shadow Era, and many many others, but I found that those type of card games didn't appeal to my taste. They are good, but its the base they all share which I don't find interesting, and with HC is that same feeling. That's why I doubt players who don't play will come back until something drastic happens (which it won't because there is always going to be someone playing so...).

Skip Next Sentence: stuff that's been repeated again and again, especially here.

That is why the Witcher aspect in terms of gameplay design is lost, the elements of card advantage, management, bluffing, spies, etc has been heavily controlled or eliminated; that is why abilities instead of being varied and unique to the character they are trying to represent, they are scattered and simplify to follow the base of most games out there.

End of my whining:)

Yes homecoming is different from others, and according to taste it can be considered good, but most people that stayed this long were attracted by a different kind of game which Gwent kind of created (and I think this was one of the reasons the game was so appealing to none CCG gamers like myself and Witcher fans).

Really, if HC was designed more traditionally: with Leaders having HP, cards attacking each other, etc, I think it would make a lot more sense with the way it's currently designed. For now, it seems like a game unsure on what it wants to focus on because they have announced more changes to its core, they still feel like they can appeal to the people who stopped playing even if they entirely changed the base, and they seem to want to apply things from the Gwent we played before instead of following the new direction they instituted with HC (they already brush us over with the decision to create HC so I don't understand why do they care). Until they decide what they want I don't think theirs any reason to come back because they're going to keep changing its base to try to appeal to everyone and it feels like it will not please either of the players (speculation of course. It'll probably be an ok expansion for the game I guess).

What bothers me the most is that they are using the Hello Games communication strategy: ignore the complaints from a part of the playerbase publicly, fix the game internally and hope the dedication to your product is able to fix the bad marketing and horrible decisions in release and communications.

Those are my two long cents nobody asked for.
:D

Hard for me to argue or agree regarding the resemblance to other CCG since i haven't played any except for a little of MTG waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. Yet i don't feel the mechanics changed that much. Sure the HC is quite different from the beta and a big part of that difference in my opinion is less diversification in the play styles of the factions.

There are still unique mechanics to each faction ofc (SC with traps, MO with death wish and so on) yet it "shows less" than in the beta. On one hand this is a step in a wrong direction, a bit more boring perhaps, however there is another side to this coin. The more diverse Gwent was the less it was balanced. I played about 150-200 matches since HC and i still have 50-55% w/l ratio just like in the beta but i can't say that a certain faction is way harder to play against than other (I'm playing mostly SC now days), back in the beta days i remember palying mostly SK owning every monster deck there was yet losing every game to Nilfgard, it was the same way for months until one of the major updates.

Most of the complaints that i mentioned weren't about more or less fun aspect of the game but specifically balancing issues by players who didn't want to join the 2-3 meta decks and were constantly losing. From my HC experience so far i've been playing against most of the factions on the ranked and i can't say that i noticed a certain same deck in more than 10% of the matches (there are a bit more monsters than other factions as usual but they play 3-4 decks so there is quite a difference) and while not playing against MO consume every other deck (like during large parts of the beta) makes my life harder ;) it's also much more interesting and challenging to build a good overall deck and not just a good counter to the current meta.

PS. Might not be relevant for lots of players but one of the reasons i started and keep playing gwent is because its a part of the witchers universe, if it was the same game but with some other theme i doubt i would that much interested in it.

Last edited:
I think that's why I'm a fan of homecoming even if I still really enjoyed close and open beta. I didn't even played even knew the Witcher universe, and even less the games (thx to Gwent I knew them but that's not the point).
I'm more a fan of ccg that loved Gwent because it did his own things and have his own set of rules that had nothing to do with typical CCG, and I still believe it is very different from them. I think Gwent is a very good card game that has great potential to grow, I just hope more people, not necessarily Witcher fans, came and enjoy it.

It'll get its footing I guess, the constant quality in art based on Witcher is one of its big highlights and I think a big driver. They still need to do something with the presentation (and game), I was never a fan of Beta's menus (Still I could see the big effort in them and appreciated the great artistry) but for this version, they went too simple and uninteresting in my opinion (minus rewards which are really good). Same with the dark layer that seems to cover the whole game, seems unnecessary (and the speed... the speed). The game just needs to be at a point where its no longer a beta so it can attract people.

...There are still unique mechanics to each faction ofc (SC with traps, MO with death wish and so on) yet it "shows less" than in the beta. On one hand this is a step in a wrong direction, a bit more boring perhaps, however there is another side to this coin. The more diverse Gwent was the less it was balanced...
For me, the break in balance sort of worked; and my dream answer to the problem (as silly and unrealistic as it sounds), was just keep adding stuff. A lot of the time Gwent was like a game with no restraints, being sustained by a structure trying to maintain it from breaking (of course, this was because it was in Beta, but it worked and it made it great!). One of the most fun things for me was when by chance you would reset a Gold and you could replay it either by decoy, Sum Circle or revive. It felt unintended yet so right. That complete liberty with interaction was what made it fun.

For me at least I never followed the meta or netdecked, I just saw a cool card, thought of something cool to do, or saw my opponent do something crazy and just tried to make it work, but my way.

... Might not be relevant for lots of players but one of the reasons i started and keep playing gwent is because its a part of the witchers universe, if it was the same game but with some other theme i doubt i would that much interested in it.
(Need to improve my English! 3 paragraphs starting with "for me," Apologies! :) )
For me, I knew of the Witcher games but never played them. Still, Gwent encouraged me to try its Universe (been reading the books, played W 3 and want more, it's a really interesting series). Still, at least for me (dam), that's one of my problems with this version of Gwent. Before the direction in design was able to bring Witcher through its gameplay with the logic of some rules and the attention to detail of characters and creatures, now you could put any other art to it and it would not make a difference.

While I didn't know of Witcher when I first tried Gwent, the game felt different when played because it used its universe. You could learn about the Witcher just by playing the game, not like now were only the art and text represent it. To me, Beta brought more of the Witcher aspect because even if you didn't know of it, the logic behind the gameplay was enough to paint a full picture of that world. The complete merger of card & ability plus lore & design made Gwent have a personality of its own, and thats what made it the Witcher Card Game in my opinion.

But, oh well... back to playing Power Stone!

Just updated Gwent after like 6 months. All the streamers are gone and I'm not feeling the game. Lost all my premium cards and don't have but 1400 powder to show for it??

Not going to get in a discussion about it though, just wanted to pop in and give my feedback to the devs. Gwent is no longer for me sadly, Wild Hunt still isn't a thing..

Still love you CDPR and am eagerly awaiting CP 2077! See you then. :)

Just updated Gwent after like 6 months. All the streamers are gone and I'm not feeling the game. Lost all my premium cards and don't have but 1400 powder to show for it??

Not going to get in a discussion about it though, just wanted to pop in and give my feedback to the devs. Gwent is no longer for me sadly, Wild Hunt still isn't a thing..

Still love you CDPR and am eagerly awaiting CP 2077! See you then. :)

This premium card thing is a real issue. How are old players supposed to return when all of their work to get premiums is gone? Honestly.

I never understood why CDPR milled our cards in the first place. I just wanted them to leave all of my cards and resources alone.

I never understood why CDPR milled our cards in the first place. I just wanted them to leave all of my cards and resources alone.

Because every card has been changed in Homecoming, meaning players with a smaller collection would be stuck with cards they might not have wanted. A better question would be: "Why didn't CDPR refund Meteorite Powder for premium cards?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom