And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im "beginner" and get in the Season Matches always High End Pro Gamers.
I dont know why it says "Win 6 Rounds in Magic Season" YEAH HOW BUDDY?!
So I can not continue grinding anything since I lose everything.

Somebody friendly enough to explain/help me a bit? Getting a good startet deck
since I have nothing really good and Google/Deck Guides always need 8-10k Scraps
which I dont have.

You should be spending your RP on unlocking leaders. Don't worry about the cosmetics from the seasons as they rotate monthly every year.
Play ranked and your collection will grow quickly. Gwent is far more generous for f2p than Hearthstone or magic.
Also playing vs other beginners you'll figure out the game faster.
Once you get a grasp of it you'll stand a chance vs people of any rank. But just know that casual modes are for people of any rank.
With the latest update, new player decks are insanely good compared to before. You basically have a playable witcher nilfgaard deck which I have beaten many pro rank people with in casual

And finally, for me the most important reason to stop playing Gwent. I'm sick of the endless 'bad luck' that haunts me in this game since several months.

While your previous reasons are valid enough for you to voice your opinion, I just have to interject here with this fixed luck idea. It's not one that's based in reality. As someone who played poker competitively as a kid (won free tournaments online then used the real prize money to play cash games -- mom wasn't happy), and now work as analyst, I suggest you break the notion of gamblers fallacy .
If the roulette table lands on black 7 times in a row, does that affect the next spin? No.
Unless you assume cdpr has some unfair rng manipulation.
But then, if you are going first most of the time, then someone else must go second most of the time. You see the logic here... I'm sure you don't think there's some conspiracy against you.
Just focus on making the best play with your available information.
Coin flip is 50 50. So focus one losing less games when you go first and push your 2nd player advantage hard when you win the coin flip. Its all about increasing your overall winrate.

Suggesting for cdpr to improve certain aspects of the game is fine. But to cite fixed RNG as a complaint is not valid.

Im about to uninstall.

since I have nothing really good and Google/Deck Guides always need 8-10k Scraps
which I dont have.
They just improved the starter deck. You are not coming up against PRO players. You are coming up against people with PRO decks. I've been saying this for over a year now. It's wrong for any game to allow this. In an RPG you level up, gradually.
I'm past caring, just chip-in occasionally on the forums these days.

which I dont have.

My advice for you is to focus on ranked game, which is the way to ensure that you will play against people of same level. This is a common mistake, people think that they should begin with unranked, but this is wrong.

You will see that you will be able to make good decks very soon as the game is very generous (at least compared to other CCG).

Don't bother too much on your deck, just learn the mechanics first and the wins will come naturally. And play RANKED !

They just improved the starter deck. You are not coming up against PRO players. You are coming up against people with PRO decks. I've been saying this for over a year now. It's wrong for any game to allow this. In an RPG you level up, gradually.
I'm past caring, just chip-in occasionally on the forums these days.
I agree. If they want to improve player experience they need to ensure new players never face veterans in any mode.
They should restrict people to ranked until rank 25 at the very least. I remember when I returned that starting with casual was a tough learning curve.
It can be frustrating because 1. Your skill level is not even close, 2. Your card quality is also not even close.

which I dont have.

Try to play ranked. The matchmaking is much better so you should find opponents on your skill level. You will unlock a lot of reward points in the beginning from all kinds of easy contracts. You can spend these in order to get ore. I'd say about 3-4 RP a day should be achieveable with ~1h playtime. That is two kegs or 10 new cards a day. It is definately possible to craft good decks without spending real money.

In case you can/want to spent money: buy kegs to jump start your collection.

HTH!

Im about to uninstall.

which I dont have.
As others have pointed out, ALWAYS play ranked game where you will be matched against players with similar deck+skill combined. Every game will be interesting and equal. Don't ever come to Seasonal+Casual (without the Ranked Progression) until you have kind of mastered the game. Those places are for veterans to test out their powerful deck where new players will be crushed.

And, if you are willing to spend money on Gwent, your first ever purchase should be "The Starter Pack" which offers once-for-an-account amazing deal. Good Luck!

When I beginning, I play in casual mode to learn. I lose a lot, but when I go to play in ranked, my first rate is 20/2 or best.
If you play now in casual, play for learn and take ideas only.

Im about to uninstall.

which I dont have.
The starter decks were recently updated and pretty decent.

My sorta enthusiasm did fade away. This game just can't engage me for a long time anymore. I do not find the games entertaining, the deck building is BORING AS HELL - the provision system (or its implementation) sucks. There is close to zero diversity for cards to chose from every faction.

Removal is still way too strong for a game that is entertaining when you put cards, units or whatever on the board and make combos with them. On that point - last season's Seasonal Mode was really fun and showed how the game could look and how some cards can be competitive if just the game was tweaked a little (Bleeding instead of flat Damage and in the opposite direction - Vitality instead of Boosting, for example). But no - insta point/slap removal is what it's stuck with. Wonderful.

And no, do not point to me towards Engines with Orders - this thing is BROKEN AF. Or rather it will be broken if there was not such vast amounts of removal. It is still pretty damn close, though.

I'm also quite sure the game went for another downward spiral relatively short after couple of expansions in the span of what, 4 months? Just look at the streams numbers and streamers - pretty much what happened after the post-HC days. It is better, but still.

Just sad.

Raunbjorn

Still zero interest in HC. Still miss the game it used to be before the midwinter update. Still hoping they release some sort of classic version even if you could just play against the AI.
This is what I'm hoping for will happen some day. Pre midwinter Gwent was my favorit card game of all time which is saying something with many hundreds if not thousands coming and going. I know the "bring back premidwinter Gwent" is almost a meme now but there's a reason why so many people want it back. It was the best card gaming experience ever - light years above HC Gwent!

has been any deck more than 25 cards that can be used competitively?

Only thing I can think of is a Shupe deck which is really only going to have like 1 or 2 more cards in it.
Post automatically merged:

My sorta enthusiasm did fade away. This game just can't engage me for a long time anymore. I do not find the games entertaining, the deck building is BORING AS HELL - the provision system (or its implementation) sucks. There is close to zero diversity for cards to chose from every faction.

Removal is still way too strong for a game that is entertaining when you put cards, units or whatever on the board and make combos with them. On that point - last season's Seasonal Mode was really fun and showed how the game could look and how some cards can be competitive if just the game was tweaked a little (Bleeding instead of flat Damage and in the opposite direction - Vitality instead of Boosting, for example). But no - insta point/slap removal is what it's stuck with. Wonderful.

And no, do not point to me towards Engines with Orders - this thing is BROKEN AF. Or rather it will be broken if there was not such vast amounts of removal. It is still pretty damn close, though.

I'm also quite sure the game went for another downward spiral relatively short after couple of expansions in the span of what, 4 months? Just look at the streams numbers and streamers - pretty much what happened after the post-HC days. It is better, but still.

Just sad.

It's hard to think of a time that I have been more bored with this game.

I second that. I haven't played Gwent in over four weeks now. I just find it so boring now. I don't know why for sure.

For me it's trying to find interesting decks to play that can also be somewhat competitive. I just can't think of anything. I can make a list of issues in the game that are contributing to this problem. I'm starting to lose faith that the devs will identify and fix the problems.

For me it's trying to find interesting decks to play that can also be somewhat competitive. I just can't think of anything. I can make a list of issues in the game that are contributing to this problem. I'm starting to lose faith that the devs will identify and fix the problems.

I tried a bit of Tactics which is almost decent with Ardal and at least has a few engines, but then again, it's ALMOST decent. I can't find an interesting engine deck (Svalblod and Henselt are engines, but like GS in the beta, they aren't really interesting) worth playing.

I'd be well interested in this game again if Assimilate is made viable, which it can be if you increase the boost to 2, cut out some points from the cards, and give more options to the NG player to replicate/steal cards like Cantarella giving you the top two options.

Agree with this.

Everything just feels very generic with little real variety. I can make partially interesting decks to play, but they all end up with at least 50% generic filler cards in them just because of the way the provision system works and the fact that most cards (especially cheaper bronzes) are essentially the same as each other. If it wasn't for the tiny bit of extra creativity becoming possible thanks to the different Seasonal modes, I wouldn't be playing at all.

The most concerning thing to me is not that there are still serious problems with the fundamental mechanics of the gameplay, even after nearly 8 months of HC, but that CDPR seem to be stubbornly sticking to the path they are going down despite the mounting evidence that it may be a dead end. The fact that they have already ruled out several potential remedies (some which were taken during Beta after learning lessons there) makes me worried that they don't even see some of these things as problems.

Given that they don't want to countenance any major changes again, I am not very optimistic for Gwent's future as a game which will provide an engrossing long-term challenging and fun experience.

I may be wrong, I hope I am, but I feel far less optimistic now than I did at any point previously.

Mr SWIM deleted all his gwent videos, I couldn't find any. Is this old news? I mean fair enough if he's sick of the game.

The tubers need subs etc and if people aren't playing the game they play, game has to go.

His youtube editor said the following on reddit:

"I don't speak for Swim, I'm simply his youtube editor and I'm sure when/if he decides to speak out publicly about this, he can clarify things further, but I will say this: From a purely algorithmic perspective, changing your youtube channel tags, playlists, what videos are or arent hidden/live, overall direction of your channel etc, can all influence who does or doesn't see your videos. We haven't done new gwent videos in quite awhile now, and even when we did it was sporadic, but they were on an older patch and relatively outdated. If people find those videos while browsing youtube they might assume his channel is Gwent specific, whereas the current direction of it, is not. Also a lot of older Gwent fans were constantly brigading any non-gwent content with downvotes & sometimes even straight up toxic comments/demands.
Note: I am in no way saying or implying Swim won't ever go back and try gwent or even potentially play Gwent for the longrun/longterm, but ultimately he really enjoys both Autochess & Dota Underlords. Heck, I'd go as far as saying that he even enjoyed Artifact more than Gwent, at least towards the end.
People thinking it was somehow financially motivated are straight up delusional, he was quite comfortable prior to his exit from Gwent, and I'm fairly certain he could have remained at the top, if he so chose. But that's not the choice he made, it's his life and he wants to do what he thinks he will enjoy the most, whether that's motivated by fun, motivated by the desire to grow, motivated by change, who knows. Maybe a bit of all of the above.
But all of the youtube videos were outdated/on an older patch/not relevant anymore, nor were they contributing with the direction of the channel currently, moving toward. They are all still there, and if Swim ends up deciding at some point in the future to return to Gwent for a decent length of time, it would be the click of a button to un-hide them, but for now, this is the direction the channel is heading, and I would hope that true fans of Swim, not Gwent-only Swim, but his actual fans of him as a human being, can understand and hopefully respect his decisions."

I didn't think about algorithms and that kind of stuff, well, now it make sense. However, i feel i should clarify myself a bit: I never considered his departure from Gwent as a betrayal and didn't try to demand certain content from him. His, lets say, rough character was the first idea came to mind after seeing old vids vanished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom