And now for something completely different: nice news!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam Holiday sale for the game is doing well. AND the player reviews are good:

1638307853638.png

It is definitely a less buggy experience than at launch. It always was a great game, but it could be a deeply frustrating experience, certainly before patch 1.1.

Hopefully the reviews will get even better after patch 1.5 :cool:

So 30 thousand people bought the game on Steam, believed it's any good and gave it a thumbs up. Let's stretch this a bit and say that the same happened on all 4 consoles: PS4, PS5, XBO, XBSeriesX/S. Also let's say that the same amount of people bought the game on GOG. And let's double it, just in case some people didn't bother rating it, but liked the game.

Let's see, where is my calculator... that would be 360 000 gamers that bought the game at half price. Not exactly as impressive as 13 million initial preorders. Especially that the game was 50% off so it's more like 180 000 full price copies. But maybe it's a long term succes! Let's now multiply it by 12 months: that will give us 2 160 000 copies. But what if the game is selling as great as on initial first year for the next 5 years? That would give us... 10 800 000 copies! Nice! Well done! We did it! Oh, hold on... that is also not as good as initial preorder number. And if I recall correctly pre-release estimates were for 30M copies sold within first year from release. Hm...

Guest 3847602

Let's see, where is my calculator...
I'd advise you against doing that. Number of all reviews on Steam is about 400.000 (which is still unusually high). By your account, the game would have sold grand total of 800.000 copies on Steam. RDR2 would have sold... *drumroll*... an astounding 400.000 copies. Which is more than a little silly to think... :)

Frankly, I see this thread as one more that will devolve into a conversation that only further divides this already fractured community.

We already know they've sold upward of 13.7 million. That number can only rise. We know this number can only go up. We also know that sales from Cyberpunk 2077 are enough to keep the company going for four years. The game most probably won't be selling 10 million more copies but they could very well sell at least 13.7 million copies of the expansion(s) and that's what counts.

They're in a good enough financial position. Regardless of anyone's opinion on current sales, it's a financial success overall at the very least.

Last edited:
No it's not a bad game. This isn't Mass Effect Andromeda we're talking about. Overall 2077 is enjoyable, especially gameplay, which keeps me playing. Though the story is still garbage.

I would have given it a glowing review if I only paid ten bucks for it, too.
So in that sense, even if you don't like the game but only have paid 10 bucks, it still a "good" game ?
It seem strange for me. Because if I don't like a game, whatever the price, it doesn't change my review about it (I'm just less sad to have bought it).

And I don't know on other platforms, but at least on Xbox Store, I already saw few times Cyberpunk at less than 20E :)

First of all, Cyberpunk gave CDPR 4 years. It's like nothing for them. Try making another Tripple-A game in 4 years. They did. With Cyberpunk. And that's why we are here. The game has to keep up the pace, TW3, even the Next-Gen version of it, won't carry the company forever. They have only 4 years. Now that I think about it, it's like one of Dragon Ball Z story arcs! :D

Another thing is the pricing. And yes, the price also matters. Some people simply don't buy games if they are not 75% off. Some people don't pay for games at all! People love Epic Games Store because it's giving them free games. I wonder if they loved it so much if EGS stopped.

Price to quality ratio is important. RTX3080 for $3000?? A joke! But the same RTX3080 for MSRP? A bargain! You don't know why those 30k people bougt the game and gave it a thumbs up, do you? It can be a combination of things, among them simple "it's not that bad for half price".

Last edited:
Let's see, where is my calculator...
I would be surprised if more as 1/10 of Steam users would bother with rating anything. These graphs/numers are maybe good for estimate ratio for overal players view on a game, but even this is doubtfull (Personally I think that is higher chance that user will write bad review as a good one, but this is just my pesimistic view). The highest benefit however imo is, that with such positive ratio there is much bigger chance that a new player decide to buy a game (or give it chance and try it) ... and this is what is the most beneficial for any gaming studio. New players at this stage also will mostly not have any "hyped expectations" ...

Last edited:
The reviews speak for themselves:
View attachment 11266114

That's 412K+ people, freely speaking their mind.

It's not a bad game...it's a relatively good game that a significant number of people simply don't like. It's cilantro.
Dont like or have grown a bit salty towards because of the issues with launch.
In andbon itself thats okay if people feel that way.
As a game, Cyberpunk still is a good game and has still much potential.
CDPR have set a foundation for something awesome. All they need to do is follow it through.

Guest 3847602

what says nothing - cause all the ones who are disappointed are count in this rating as well.
Nah, I'm pretty sure it says to us that right now, people are buying CP2077 more than any other game available on Steam. It is outselling RDR2, for example, and both games are sold at same, 50% discount. It also tells us that the vast majority of those who played it recently are liking it. Cheers! :beer:

Nah, I'm pretty sure it says to us that right now, people are buying CP2077 more than any other game available on Steam. It is outselling RDR2, for example, and both games are sold at same, 50% discount. It also tells us that the vast majority of those who played it recently are liking it. Cheers! :beer:

people shouldnt always just rely on steam at all. greeks already showed that this statistic doesnt say much about the overall situation - steam is not the answer of everything its just one platform out of many. i wonder why so many pc player think steam numbers would be everything what counts and shows the whole picture - thats just tunnelviewed. but what ever makes you feel better ;)

400k out of 13mil - are nothing so to speak.

Last edited:
I'm glad that CDPR realises how bad the sentiment around the game is right now and they are working on something tangible for it to go up again.
Um... a vast majority of people who bothered rating the game on steam, you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom