And the winning faction is... Monsters!

+

Last edited:
Not particularly surprising results, but congratulations to Monsters supporters.
I seemed to run into nothing but Monsters and fellow Nilfgaardians. :p

Another chance to build Crone armies in the Arena. It was a lot of fun, so I might just try it again. :ROFLMAO:

Yep, because the winner's been known before the 'faction challenge' started, everyone just kept choosing Monsters even if it wasn't their favourite faction.
Then comes Nilfgaard which has like 10 different good builds so it's the most popular faction, just people kept choosing Monsters just to win the event...
I know a lot of 'youtubers' who choose Monsters in spite of their fav being Skellige or Scoia, only to win, ehh...

Gwent is back! This was a well run event, and I can't wait for more to come. I'd love to see a special Arena-style mode - with rotating themes - but with normal deck building. Like a 'Civil War' theme where everyone plays the same faction. Just to give us more variety and really make use of all the cards. Having a dedicated "lobby"/mode would keep matchmaking wait-times reasonable, allow for some fun twists, and still allow players to use their full deck-building skills.

It would be really neat to pit 2 factions against each other within such a mode, because you could tool your deck specifically to deal with, say, Monsters. You'd have a true battle between factions, and perhaps the more obscure cards would find some use.

Anyway, I believe the team has great things in store, so I'm happy to see how this year unfolds. Thank you for sticking to your guns and making the game that you know will be great.

Lexor

Forum veteran
Yep, because the winner's been known before the 'faction challenge' started, everyone just kept choosing Monsters even if it wasn't their favourite faction.
Then comes Nilfgaard which has like 10 different good builds so it's the most popular faction, just people kept choosing Monsters just to win the event...
I know a lot of 'youtubers' who choose Monsters in spite of their fav being Skellige or Scoia, only to win, ehh...

If you are talking about this bug with selection of Monster faction then, unfortunately, this is very true. :/

I think that now we can NOT expect that the final number of points earned by each faction will be revealed, can we?

That would be very interesting thing to see for me.

If you are talking about this bug with selection of Monster faction then, unfortunately, this is very true. :/
Not only that.
Anyone could've just watched a video on youtube to find out which faction to choose in order to win.
But the biggest pain in the eye for me is, that youtubers recorded videos, where they don't know which faction's winning, then they explain what is their favourite faction (not Monsters), and then they choose Monsters saying that they're not stupid and they want to win by choosing it.
So they were convincing people to choose Monsters even if it's not theyr fav, and so the Snowball's grown.

If exact numbers of Nilf's and Monsters total points gained was revealed, it would in deed be something interesting; also what would be even more interesting: do a global Poll where people can vote what is their favourite faction. And compare it with Event percentages.
See, the Event does not determine which faction is favourite; it only shows which faction is the strongest so people choose it for benefits.
And that's what I don't quite like.

During the event I think I faced like 20 Big Woodlands, 15 Mourntrant Eredin, and maybe 35 Nilfgaard but the variety of decks was so big that each fight was interesting. Aside of that, maybe 2 times Skellige, 5 times Scoia and a total of 5 Northen Realms

During the event I think I faced like 20 Big Woodlands, 15 Mourntrant Eredin, and maybe 35 Nilfgaard but the variety of decks was so big that each fight was interesting. Aside of that, maybe 2 times Skellige, 5 times Scoia and a total of 5 Northen Realms

Interesting.... I've seen a metric ton of both SK and MS. ST and NG are less common but not exactly rare. NR is probably the rarest. Although the Adda deck floating around has been popping up lately. Even when I was running MS myself it wasn't any of the more popular builds because everyone is teched against them.

", just people kept choosing Monsters just to win the event..."

Why? There's 0 rewards for winning. Everyone gains the reward afaik. You just need to play monsters.

Don't ask me why, I didn't choose MS. But I think that if someone's tryharding to get to next league (eg. from 5th to 0), they're gonna play only this 1 deck that gives best win-rate over and over again, and it so happens that it's a Monsters deck.
So even if MS is not their favourite in terms of joy, they play mainly this faction...
BTW MS has a big fun base from the Beta where Nekkers consumption's been something else.

Don't ask me why, I didn't choose MS. But I think that if someone's tryharding to get to next league (eg. from 5th to 0), they're gonna play only this 1 deck that gives best win-rate over and over again, and it so happens that it's a Monsters deck.
So even if MS is not their favourite in terms of joy, they play mainly this faction...
BTW MS has a big fun base from the Beta where Nekkers consumption's been something else.

There are plenty of T1 decks though. Not just for MS. Some of the popular MS builds just happen to be extremely easy and forgiving to pilot.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Maybe now CDPR will take the needed nerf for Monsters more seriously.

And now we get the damn 'Monsters Arena' again, which was the only one faction Arena event we already had since HC...

Maybe now CDPR will take the needed nerf for Monsters more seriously.

And now we get the damn 'Monsters Arena' again, which was the only one faction Arena event we already had since HC...
(Rant on) 8 Matches today...all against Monsters (hey Monster players: the challenge is over!) I don't want to play any more matches..not fun. 6 matches in Casual against Big Woodland! In Casual! Play Tier 1 decks in Ranked. I have an Anti-Big Woodland deck, but it's not too fun to play and if I play it I don't see not one Big Bois deck. Interesting... (Rant over)

Edit: Oh my God...it's +50% XP Bonus for Monsters! I don't want to play in the next few days....(or I play Monsters too...the Dark Side wins...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom