Andrzej Sapkowski and his books

+
Andrzej Sapkowski and his books

Something I've been wondering and haven't find an answer to.

So The Witcher game series is basically a "fan fiction" of Sapkowki's books, right? So what I've been wondering is Sapowksi planning on writing any more of his books? Would he write them similiar to the games? Or has he stopped writing Witcher books?

TheFieryKnight said:
So The Witcher game series is basically a "fan fiction" of Sapkowki's books, right? So what I've been wondering is Sapowksi planning on writing any more of his books? Would he write them similiar to the games? Or has he stopped writing Witcher books?
IIRC, Sapkowski said in some interviews, that the Witcher saga has ended for good (with Lady of the Lake). He's been witing quite different books since then and he's not planning on anything else with the Witchers. He was even pretty hesitant before he allowed the game to be made. He hasn't participated on the games' storylines, but I think the developers must have consulted some things with him. I sure wouldn't call it a fan fiction :D
Personally I think the games' stories feel quite different from the books. Not saying they're bad, but there's just a lot of things unexplained and I don't like to think of the games as a direct continuation of Geralt's story, but as sort of a parallel story with similar characters. The books (except the short stories) were in fact more about Ciri and the whole world than about Geralt.
Anyway, I can't find any sources to this right now, so I'd be grateful if someone could share a proof.

Nothing ironclad but look in this one . http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21112-new-the-witcher-book/

Did you hear that Andrzej Sapkowski announced that he is going to make a continuation of The Witcher books? Do you think there is a connection between your game success and his decision?
Yes, I've heard about this. And this is really great news. Well I can't say this because I simply don't know. We have never discussed this with him. I hope there is a connection because we have always wanted to extend The Witcher as he sees it and to write story as he wanted to.

So Hmm... This is quite interesting, Does anyone have a link to this announcement?

I know It's not ironclad but a link to this announcement would be nice.

Top Bottom