Andrzej Sapkowski Books

+
Sapkowskis books :(collection of short stories about witcher Geralt)Ostatnie Życzenie (Last Wish) (translated into English)Miecz Przeznaczenia (Sword of Destiny)(saga of witcher)Krew Elfów (Blood of Elves) (translated into English)Czas Pogardy (Time of Disdain)Chrzest Ognia (Baptism of Fire)Wieża Jaskółki (Tower of Swallow)Pani Jeziora (Lady of the Lake)Coś się kończy, coś się zaczyna (Somethings ends, somethings begin)(collection of short stories)Leksykom miłośnika fantasy (Guide to the fantasy literature)Świat Króla Artura, Maladie (World of the King Arthur (Guide to the Arthurian myths), Maladie (short story about Tristan and Iseult )(Hussitian Trilogy)NarrertumBoży Bojownicy (God Warriors)Lux PerpetuaŻmija (Viper)

ZhenHeil said:
I agree to Kwish. It is not translated to English according to the interview.
Er, that must be an old interview. Two books have been translated into English so far: The first book of short stories (The Last Wish), and the first novel (Blood of Elves).

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
I agree to Kwish. It is not translated to English according to the interview.
Er, that must be an old interview. Two books have been translated into English so far: The first book of short stories (The Last Wish), and the first novel (Blood of Elves).
Yup two of them have been published by Orion already. But it looks like they gonna publish only one English version per year, saying that the next one will be published in 2010.

And this actuality it's actual suspicious. Considering that the book accept been translated to abounding added languages like Russian, Spanish, Czech, German etc. and awash in added than 1 actor copies. I bet it’s a Tolkien's admirers conspiracy_________________How can

ok im on my way to order The Last Wish, but i have a dilemma on my hands.. i can find 3 versionsone on 280 pages http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Wish-Gollancz-S-F/dp/0575077824/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262738250&sr=8-2 one on 288 pages http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Wish-Andrzej-Sapkowski/dp/0575082445/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262738250&sr=8-1 and one on 384 pages http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Wish-Andrzej-Sapkowski/dp/0316029181/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262738250&sr=8-4what is the difference of these 3 ?? i mean one is 100 pages longer for christ sake! wich one to choose !?!?!

I suspect, although dont know for sure, that its merely a difference in typeface used - so all three copies should be basically the same text, just with slightly different font size used and slightly different book size...

Lyonesse said:
I suspect, although dont know for sure, that its merely a difference in typeface used - so all three copies should be basically the same text, just with slightly different font size used and slightly different book size...
Hi there!I think you're right Lyonesse... Moreover I think the 2 first covers are from the english edition, and the last one is the cover from the american edition...But the text must be the same I guess...

Any new news on the translation of the next book into english? Loved the blood of elves and would love to be able to read the second one!

nothing on the english translation, but i just finished reading the french translation of "Baptism of Fire" :peace:

Here are the Sapkowski Books I found translated. They are all, however in serious need of proper editing and doctoring to bring across English idioms and Sapkowski's dry sense of humour.Great reads though--I 'ad a go at 'em for days...The Last Wish [series of short stories tied together about Geralt of Rivia]Blood of the Elves: novel

Andrzej Sapkowski, born 21 June 1948 in Łódź, is a Polish fantasy writer. Sapkowski studied economics, and before turning to writing, he had worked as a senior sales representative for a foreign trade company. His first short story, The Witcher (Wiedźmin), was published in Fantastyka, Poland's leading fantasy literary magazine, in 1986 and was enormously successful both with readers and critics. Sapkowski has created a cycle of tales based on the world of The Witcher, comprising three collections of short stories and five novels. This cycle and his many other works have made him one of the best-known fantasy authors in Poland in the 1990s_____________________________________________________________________________[moderator]advertisement removed by forum staff[/moderator]

Top Bottom