Andrzej Sapkowski might be writing a new Witcher book

+
Well he did write Season of Storms afterwards, so I wouldn't count on his words, even if a continuation would most likely not really offer anything new like he said in his response.

But SoS is not a continuation but a sidequel. Over the years he was saying many times that he can possibly write sth in witcher universe but not next part of the saga - even after SoS

But SoS is not a continuation but a sidequel. Over the years he was saying many times that he can possibly write sth in witcher universe but not next part of the saga - even after SoS

Well yes, actually making a sequel would pretty much ruin the saga's ending and the meaning it had, but it didn't stop him from writing SoS's epilogue, sure, it was purposefully made not to be a "continuation" but more of a "closing the loop" thing, but you never know.

Well yes, actually making a sequel would pretty much ruin the saga's ending and the meaning it had, but it didn't stop him from writing SoS's epilogue, sure, it was purposefully made not to be a "continuation" but more of a "closing the loop" thing, but you never know.
True, if he ever decided to open a door for that period of time... I hope he won't anyway.

Don't know if you already have seen this, so I just drop it:

"'The Witcher 3' Success 'Harmed My Books,' Says Franchise Author Andrzej Sapkowski"

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/witche...ays-franchise-author-andrzej-sapkowski-559274

Besides that ... I'm also very excited about possible future books. :)
Better read the "original" translation for that article, since this source you've linked says Sapkowski was talking about game writers while instead he was talking about books based on games.

Here https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/54jojx/yet_another_sapkowski_interview_response_to_the/

Unfortunately that shallow translation caused quite a storm since it was took as faithful source...

I don't agree with his take on this. 99% of readers are smart enough to know the provenance of a book no matter the cover. In this case as well, it has his name in large, bold print on the covers. Very few readers would assume it was fan fiction based on the games, but the game's visual style is bound to attract more viewers based on their widespread appeal. It's a win/win for him. I think he gets too defensive about this stuff.

I hate the situation when illustration on the cover has nothing to do with the contents. Letho, Kayran, Geralt in "viper" chainmal armor?
:skepticalzoltan:

I don't agree with his take on this. 99% of readers are smart enough to know the provenance of a book no matter the cover. In this case as well, it has his name in large, bold print on the covers. Very few readers would assume it was fan fiction based on the games, but the game's visual style is bound to attract more viewers based on their widespread appeal. It's a win/win for him. I think he gets too defensive about this stuff.
If they have to do so then at least put a related illustration, surely Geralt fighting a Kayran in that Time of Contempt cover, also "A novel of The Witcher" then the author's name below... can lead to wrong thoughts. First impression you can have, mostly if you're a casual, is that the book is based on the games. And we know that people who generally shout out loud are not that smart.

---------- Updated at 09:08 PM ----------

Remind me why your publisher did that again? :p

That was something more than money. They were doing covers with Witcher 2 characters and around 3rd they run out of the book characters :D Now they used they brains for a difference and put Koral on SoS

I think he gets too defensive about this stuff.
He seems to be egocentric, so when people ask him about game at every meeting, he likes stress again and again that it's just an adaptation. I think that deep inside he knows the math and knows that game did more good than bad for him

Let's be honest. Those publishers can't afford to hire artists of the same caliber as CDPR. I've seen most of Sap's covers and they're shit compared to CDPR's work.

Tell me they shouldn't use something better than this garbage.

Those publishers can't afford to hire artists of the same caliber as CDPR.
  • You publish the most popular fantasy book series in the central and eastern Europe
  • You cannot hire an artist able to draw nice-looking cover

Something is wrong with this logic, isn't it? In my opinion, former Polish covers were much better (not ideal though, but still better than copy-paste of concept-art unrelated to the book).

Attachments

• Wieza_jaskolki_2.jpg
    Wieza_jaskolki_2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 309
Let's be honest. Those publishers can't afford to hire artists of the same caliber as CDPR. I've seen most of Sap's covers and they're shit compared to CDPR's work.

That's from comic book. Sapko was very vocal about Bogusław Polch ability to draw faces :D

Those publishers can't afford to hire artists of the same caliber as CDPR.
they're shit
this garbage

Classic, Gary <3

The art for that comic book was typical for that time period and, additionally, purely from a different culture than the modern comics produced by an American company known to be doing the current comics.

We are now aware that the covers would be viewed by a much, much wider audience than Polish comic book nerds and the company, believe it or not, ages with us, and thusly is probably more modern in style by this point.

I don't know if you missed the point by purpose. It's not about judging CDPR's artists work, which is outstanding for the media it's related to.

Also that's the comic, and you wouldn't find people praising those covers faces, unless you go back to 90s... maybe.

• You publish the most popular fantasy book series in the central and eastern Europe
  • You cannot hire an artist able to draw nice-looking cover

Something is wrong with this logic, isn't it? In my opinion, former Polish covers were much better (not ideal though, but still better than copy-paste of concept-art unrelated to the book).

Much better artwork and my mistake on posting a comic cover I thought was a book cover. My frustration with Sapkowski and co. stands because his introduction into the west has been painfully slow, and I do not understand it.

@mecha_fish. Didn't need your art history lecture, that was my major. Thanks anyway.

The german covers are also very nice, if a bit simple in design.

There are the best I've seen. The quality of the books is not reflected in any cover art I've seen, which is a shame, as they deserve better. I'd not have picked one up in a bookshop just from its cover.

Top Bottom