Andrzej Sapkowski writes a new Witcher novel!

+
Andrzej Sapkowski writes a new Witcher novel!

I know, i know...google translate sux big time, but trust me, that's no fake.

http://translate.google.pl/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gram.pl%2Fdefault.asp

It's true, the radio interview has been posted a while ago on the polish forums.

Generally what he said was:

Q: Is there any chance for the Witcher's return, for example in a new book? (AS interrupts before the interviewer can continue the question) Or is it an already closed chapter?

AS: Why of course. Furthermore, it could happen soon - within a year or two

Polish is really complicated - an english translation should be out even before you could read a children's book. But don't let me discourage you, learning languages is always profitable

M4xw0lf said:
Polish is really complicated - an english translation should be out even before you could read a children's book. But don't let me discourage you, learning languages is always profitable

Challenge Accepted.

Always wanted to learn Polish, might as well pick it up now.

I only hopes this time Sapkosky sells the rights for english distribution to a somebody that really wants to do bussiness with it.

I'm the only one with the impression TW is been holding back on purpose ?

guipit said:
Adventures of Lambert and Eskel

If that's really what the book will be about then I like it :D

guipit said:
I only hopes this time Sapkosky sells the rights for english distribution to a somebody that really wants to do bussiness with it.

I'm the only one with the impression TW is been holding back on purpose ?

I really enjoyed the official English translations of The Last Wish and Blood of Elves so if possible I would want the same person (people?) translating it. However I am also confused about why they skipped Sword of Destiny and have not come out with the second novel yet either. I don't know why it's taking so long, but I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes with book translations so for all I know this delay might be normal.

WardDragon said:
If that's really what the book will be about then I like it :D

I really enjoyed the official English translations of The Last Wish and Blood of Elves so if possible I would want the same person (people?) translating it. However I am also confused about why they skipped Sword of Destiny and have not come out with the second novel yet either. I don't know why it's taking so long, but I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes with book translations so for all I know this delay might be normal.

It's not normal delay. Even weighty books like Umberto Eco's appear in English translation the next year.

I can think of two possible explanations:

* The translator is having problems, maybe not with the book itself but with her workload, health, or something like that. Danusia Stok is the translator; she's one of a rather small number of professional bilingual-Polish-and-English translators and editors. Since she translates for a number of Polish authors and is an author in her own right, she may have a lot of higher-priority work.

* The publisher is not confident, maybe not with the book but with its potential market. Mainstream English-language publishers have become very timid. Gollancz's parents have been bought and sold repeatedly, and this tends to derail projects.

May be I'm old and bitter. But I think the only reason TW books don't come out in time is for the fear to loose sells on emo - vampire books.
Thats what I think.

jjavier said:
may be I'm old and bitter,. But I think the only reason TW books don't .come out in time is for the fear to loose sells on emo - vampire books.
Thats what I thinlk.

Yeah, Geralt killing bruxas would definitely affect the market.

Да, интересно, с нетерпением будем ждать... Кстати, ребят, если кто-то пожелает прочесть книги Анджея Сапковского, пожалуйста, заходите на мой веб-сайт: http://kashitsev.ortox.ru/biblioteka-izbrannoe, и там Вы найдете практически всю интересующую тему о Геральте. Единственное, разумеется, необходимо знать русский язык. Ну, если быть "мудрым", можно и с помощью переводчика Google читать ... А что, неужели так мало переводов книг на английском? Странно. Впрочем, желаю всем удачи!!!

MOD transl: Yes, it is interesting, looking forward to ... By the way, guys, if anyone wants to read books by Andrzej Sapkowski, please visit my website: http://kashitsev.ortox.ru/biblioteka-izbrannoe , and there you will find almost all the interesting theme of Geralt. The only thing is, of course, you need to know the Russian language. Well, to be "wise", we can and with the help of Google Translator to read: wallbash: ... What, do so few translations of books in English? It is strange. However, I wish you all good luck!

Top Bottom