Animals taking over the city?

+
Animals taking over the city?

The Enhanced Edition appears to have maintained the general population level about the same as the original, but there does seem to be an increase in the number of animals in Vizima. I found a lot of frogs near one of the pools in the cemetery, spent some time chasing a chicken around the hospital and have just experienced a large number of rats being pursued by two dogs in the slums. Has Velerad sacked pest control, or have they gone on strike?

There's a place on the Options menu where you can set the number of incidental animals in the game. Maybe you had it on a lower setting before?

I saw more animals, too, but I used to have my random animals setting lower (not because I don't like them, just to reduce the strain on my poor computer). When I started up the EE, it had the animals setting at the highest point, and I thought, "Oh, sure, I'll try it like this." I thought the change in setting was why I was seeing so more animals, but there could just be more -- had either of you ever adjusted your animal setting before?

i've never played with that setting, except possibly to max it out ... i like to do that :)i had not yet noticed an increase in the number of critters, but i have noticed that they seem to have more interesting behaviour, come to think of it! :)

gamewidow said:
i've never played with that setting, except possibly to max it out ... i like to do that :)
Ah, I envy you your computer, then!
i had not yet noticed an increase in the number of critters, but i have noticed that they seem to have more interesting behaviour, come to think of it! :)
Cool!

Corylea said:
There's a place on the Options menu where you can set the number of incidental animals in the game. Maybe you had it on a lower setting before?
I didn't pay any attention to it in the original game so I don't know what it was set to. If the Enhanced Edition defaults the slider to maximum, as you mention in another post, that could very well explain it. I will keep it high, the dogs are a good supply of Tallow :evil:

That slider only controls GFX animals that are essential part of the surrounding scene rather than entities in themselves. It will not change the amount of killable monsters that you encounter!

Top Bottom