Animals

+
The Sharks with freaking Laserbeams attached to their heads are in Solo of Fortune 2 page 74

And how do you suggest sharks with freaking laserbeams attached to their heads should be implemented in the game?

The Sharks with freaking Laserbeams attached to their heads are in Solo of Fortune 2 page 74

Good catch! I had forgotten about those completely. Solo of Fortune 2, page 74. Those are so-called CSC's, or Combat and Security Cyberforms. They're not exactly real animals, but actually manufactured from the ground up, including the brain. But yeah... There we go. :cool:

I hate to break it to you but sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads isn't at all unreasonable, and pretty much already do exist in this world. May I direct your attention to Chromebook 3, page 86 and Chromebook 3, page 87? I should also point out that the Chromebooks are pretty much the Holy Bible of Cyberpunk 2020.

So ?
Do you intend to have a bath in Night City Harbour waters just to check, or do you expect them to roam the streets ?

BTW, it's not because it is in a background book that IT HAS TO BE in any game. It's up to the GM to decide if that would be coherent with their settings. A shark in Night City doesn't sound relly coherent to me :)

BTW, a range finding laser is OK. A death ray star trek like laser is not.

So ?
Do you intend to have a bath in Night City Harbour waters just to check, or do you expect them to roam the streets ?

I expect them to be in a pool, under the floor of the secret base of some bad guy, obviously!

BTW, it's not because it is in a background book that IT HAS TO BE in any game. It's up to the GM to decide if that would be coherent with their settings. A shark in Night City doesn't sound relly coherent to me :)

You're absolutely right. The GM can decide not to include anything the developers have intended to be used in the game.

BTW, a range finding laser is OK. A death ray star trek like laser is not.

Laser weapons already do exist in Cyberpunk 2020. Not exactly "death ray Star Trek like" lasers but lasers nonetheless. See here for examples.

Also, I wasn't saying sharks with lasers should be in Cyberpunk 2077, merely pointing out that such things can easily exist and there are precedents for them in the RPG. I'm also not saying laser weapons should be in Cyberpunk 2077, merely pointing out that they too do exist in the RPG.

Point being, I'd rather Cyberpunk 2077 was like Cyberpunk 2020, and based on what exists in Cyberpunk 2020, and not what the players want it to be, because I know full well that if the developers listen to the entire player base and give them what they want, the game will be pretty much as far removed from the original RPG as it could possibly be.

That's all. :cool:

I know. I just wanted to avoid the argument that "just because it's in a Chromebook, doesn't mean it exists in / fits into Cyberpunk 2020/2077!"

Really, because it seems youa re making the opposite argument, that because it exists in the PNP, they should put it in the video game...

Style over Substance, man.

An arcwelder arm is not style... nor can I see it having any legal or even practical use. It was just silly. Like much of the cyber in Chrome 3 and 4. There might be one nutjob in all the world crazy ro stupid enough to get that.... but apparently it is the flagship model of an entire company... No.... just no.... Every game has some just bad or poorly thought out concepts, this was one of them.

The whole act questioning why someone would do something flies in the face of that core tenet of Cyberpunk 2020. The question isn't why they're using a piece of cyberware. The question is how good they look while using it. :cool:

The phrase is "style OVER substance", not "style WITHOUT substance", or in the case, "style that FLIES IN THE FACE of substance". Again, while a GM to whom the phrase "plausible world" is a foreign concpet might not balk at the arc welder arm, anyone who gives it any thought at all comes to the same conclusion... sure, such a thing is possible, but no corporation would waste the time or money to make one in the event the one person in the world who might consider it a good idea might save up the money for one, then go off his meds long enough to buy it and have it attached....

Oh, and they can only sell it out of back alley unlicensed ripper doc clinics, with whom dealing with would be illegal on everyones part, because there is no justifiable reason that such an option would be legal, or practical.

The one and only practical use for something like this, is as an optional limb for a full conversion Cyborg with quick change mounts, who is specifically geared towards construction or other type work. And even then its pretty ridiculous, as its more cost effective and safer for everyone involved if the just use a regular arc welder....

I do agree though, sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads need not be very high on the priority list for Cyberpunk 2077.

Of course not... because that shit is clown shoes.

Laser weapons already do exist in Cyberpunk 2020. Not exactly "death ray Star Trek like" lasers but lasers nonetheless. See here for examples.

Also, I wasn't saying sharks with lasers should be in Cyberpunk 2077, merely pointing out that such things can easily exist and there are precedents for them in the RPG. I'm also not saying laser weapons should be in Cyberpunk 2077, merely pointing out that they too do exist in the RPG.

Point being, I'd rather Cyberpunk 2077 was like Cyberpunk 2020, and based on what exists in Cyberpunk 2020, and not what the players want it to be, because I know full well that if the developers listen to the entire player base and give them what they want, the game will be pretty much as far removed from the original RPG as it could possibly be.

That's all. :cool:

I get you, and I see what you are saying.... but you do realize that by bringing this stuff up, you are just validating the whackadoo's who want this game to turn clownshoes right?

Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses

Designed to help the wearer develop a relaxed attitude to danger. The lenses turn completely black at the first hint of trouble, thus preventing the wearer from seeing anything that might alarm him/her. Appeared in episode 3 of the TV series and in chapter 5 and 6 of the novel The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techno...00_Super-Chromatic_Peril_Sensitive_Sunglasses

I want them.

Just kidding :D

I get you, and I see what you are saying.... but you do realize that by bringing this stuff up, you are just validating the whackadoo's who want this game to turn clownshoes right?

Well, clown shoes can be stylish... I guess. :)

Hey, you can't say "that's art" or "that's not art". Anything can be art, and not a single person on this planet is an "expert" in what art is and what it isn't. Historians, statisticians, and such can obviously have their say about what has been generally considered to be art, but you can't really define it.

Style is much like art in that regard. You can wear something and call it stylish, and nobody can come up to you and say it's not. They can obviously say it's not stylish in their opinion, and there can obviously be a vast majority who share that opinion, but that still doesn't define style. You can also have an arc welder for a hand and get away with it and look good. It's just a matter of in whose opinion do you look good with an arc welder as your hand.

And thus, you could also have a huge tank in your penthouse, with a shark in it, with a frickin' laser beam attached to it's head. Does it need to be in this game? No.

However, I for one would love this game not to be yet another boring, clean, safe, tame and predictable Cyberpunk game and world. I don't want it to be another Deus Ex. I'm hoping it'll have a hold of it's punk balls. If that means throwing in a couple cyber tigers and such, so be it. :cool:

What could shark cyberforms be used for, well lets say there is a fellow who owns a rather expensive research or something faacility, and one of the way in is via a water entrance for mini subs or drain, now not wanting just any tosser to have a mosey about the joint he invests in some fucking sharks with some god damn ability to discern between lunch, a prowler and staff. That said, if there is water and swimming, realistic depictions please, scuba gear and encumberance.

Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses

Designed to help the wearer develop a relaxed attitude to danger. The lenses turn completely black at the first hint of trouble, thus preventing the wearer from seeing anything that might alarm him/her. Appeared in episode 3 of the TV series and in chapter 5 and 6 of the novel The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techno...00_Super-Chromatic_Peril_Sensitive_Sunglasses

I want them.

Just kidding :D

Thats what a towel is for.....

However, I for one would love this game not to be yet another boring, clean, safe, tame and predictable Cyberpunk game and world. I don't want it to be another Deus Ex. I'm hoping it'll have a hold of it's punk balls. If that means throwing in a couple cyber tigers and such, so be it. :cool:

I would rather this game didn't turn into Saints Row 3.... or Cyberpunk V3.

Animals in Cyberpunk 2077

So a thought occurred to me. Do you want to see animals pop up in Cyberpunk? Like dogs or cats on the streets of Night City or maybe even the ability to buy a pet like an attack dog for yourself? Then of course the possibilities of animal cyberware rears it's head.

There is also the possibility of quite a variety of animals appearing in the wastelands. I just wanted to hear people thoughts on this subject and other ideas around it.

As mobile "street furniture" I can see dogs, cats, rats, etc. but as player owned pets, sure it can be done but why?
I'm sure they have better things to spend time/money on then "Pet AI" and have to create a whole bunch of animations/mocaps.

I'll just leave this here...

Top Bottom