Animation needs fixing with more cinematic way (Demo)

+
In your demo there's movement input delay... big nope. But I'm assuming that's not the movement mechanic you're advocating for.

Using the "retro" style if I just want to aim at the center of a square wall that's to my left at 90º and see the entirety of the wall (with my aim dead center) I can just turn 90º .
Using the decoupled method I'd have to turn more than 90º just to shoot slightly past the left edge of the wall with my view edge and then turn back right to center my aim in order to have a complete view of said wall. This completely screws with your muscle memory.

It works great for VR because you can easily detach head movement from where you're aiming your gun. It feels natural in VR.
Your method doesn't feel natural outside of it:
  • in real life you'd generally look at your target first and then aim at your your target, this is what you do in VR
  • with your system the priority is the other way around, you aim and then the camera follows where you aim
  • with the "retro" style both move in unison which is a better approximation than what you propose

The main reason why such a system works great in something like Arma in certain circumstances is because you have things like Track IR. But most people playing ARMA 3 prefer the "retro" style as you call it. Same for Insurgency. I'm all for more options but this seems so specific that I don't see them adding it and honestly you're not making the best argument because it just looks bad in your examples.

In your demo there's movement input delay... big nope. But I'm assuming that's not the movement mechanic you're advocating for.

Using the "retro" style if I just want to aim at the center of a square wall that's to my left at 90º and see the entirety of the wall (with my aim dead center) I can just turn 90º .
Using the decoupled method I'd have to turn more than 90º just to shoot slightly past the left edge of the wall with my view edge and then turn back right to center my aim in order to have a complete view of said wall. This completely screws with your muscle memory.

It works great for VR because you can easily detach head movement from where you're aiming your gun. It feels natural in VR.
Your method doesn't feel natural outside of it:
  • in real life you'd generally look at your target first and then aim at your your target, this is what you do in VR
  • with your system the priority is the other way around, you aim and then the camera follows where you aim
  • with the "retro" style both move in unison which is a better approximation than what you propose

The main reason why such a system works great in something like Arma in certain circumstances is because you have things like Track IR. But most people playing ARMA 3 prefer the "retro" style as you call it. Same for Insurgency. I'm all for more options but this seems so specific that I don't see them adding it and honestly you're not making the best argument because it just looks bad in your examples.
Pretty much this. :shrug: Well put :think:

Try Insurgency or Red Orchestra 2 games, as I said - there is no problems with movement and turning around with this method.
Anyway - there is no point to flood this thread with a tons of text, just as I said before - this idea is for those who interested in real immersion and hardcore. I using this technique in my own project and it showing good results instead of old retro clipped camera.
CP DEVs will not even try to do this option in this game, they have a lot of other problems. Maybe I will make dedicated mod with free aim if mod kit will be available in the future and resources will be open.

Try Insurgency or Red Orchestra 2 games, as I said - there is no problems with movement and turning around with this method.
Anyway - there is no point to flood this thread with a tons of text, just as I said before - this idea is for those who interested in real immersion and hardcore. I using this technique in my own project and it showing good results instead of old retro clipped camera.
CP DEVs will not even try to do this option in this game, they have a lot of other problems. Maybe I will make dedicated mod with free aim if mod kit will be available in the future and resources will be open.
Hey you know, maybe I will try that mod one day. Just to try. Even though I really don't like that style. Maybe I will just try it one day, just for fun. :think:

This is nothing to do being cinematic or not imo, but more on the side of like a milsim experience. As of now, the FPS part of the game is simply stellar imo.

Edited out link from OP. Please don't share links that lead to unverified google drives. We cant ensure security of such links and thus will delete them.

Top Bottom