Anime/Manga/Manhwa

+
Was the same with the one i remember. Rented it when i was like 8-10 something on VHS and thought cartoon so it must be kids stuff... It was bloody and full of sexual stuff :D Ruined me for life :D
Could be Urotsukidoji, but there's so many ... Demon City Shinjuku?

Anyhoo, back on topic: here's some more favourites.

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade

Macross: Do You Remember Love?

Bubblegum Crash

DC9V

Forum veteran
Love how you sneaked this one in :D
As much as I love Animé, the Lion King remains the best animated movie I have ever watched in my life. When I was a child, we also had a VHS of Kimba the Lion which we got as a present, but we refused to watch it. We had the impression that it was a scam, a copycat of the Lion King. It took me more than two decades to find out that Kimba the Lion (ジャングル大帝) has been released at least 28 years earlier, with its first appearance as a Manga in 1950. To this day, at the age of 30-something, I've never watched Kimba the Lion.

As much as I love Animé, the Lion King remains the best animated movie I have ever watched in my life. When I was a child, we also had a VHS of Kimba the Lion which we got as a present, but we refused to watch it. We had the impression that it was a scam, a copycat of the Lion King. It took me more than two decades to find out that Kimba the Lion (ジャングル大帝) has been released at least 28 years earlier, with its first appearance as a Manga in 1950. To this day, at the age of 30-something, I've never watched Kimba the Lion.
This is crazy, now I have seen everything o_O
Is every(great)thing a remake/enhancement/copy of something else?!
6117NpTO-4L._AC_SY445_.jpg

Ok, there is one more to share:
Kino's Journey
kino.jpg

It started of as a slice of life, but as further it went the more f'"ed up it got. :D
Each episode is a different story, where Kino and Hermes find/learn how people from other places/countries (or no people at all!) live and what drives them. There is a better summary of it somewhere, so will leave it at that!
Here are some things to look at:
1KnbEP9.gif
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

Screenshot 2022-11-07 163841.jpg
Screenshot 2022-11-07 163934.jpg

kinonotabi03overnighttotheendoftheworld.jpg

:LOL:Anyway, the moral of the story is - always listen to your two wheeled friend! :cool:
Img_hermes.png

I feel terrible for neglecting to mention Armored Trooper VOTOMS as a favourite, particularly because I hoard ATM-09 Scopedog model kits and spent a ridiculous amount of money importing the 52 episode TV series on Blu-Ray. It's vintage mecha action, but with a bit more realism than something like Gundam.

votoms hatch.gif

And how could I forget Patlabor? (Patlabor 2 in particular)

Dirty Pair (I have the theme song on 7" somewhere...)

And Project A-KO

My first series i watched was this gem:

The art was pretty crap and somtimes they missed making backgrounds and stuff :D but i was a kid then and it was awsome. Saw that they made a new series with it and stuff but i havent watched it in fear of ruining my childhood :D

Do they write about cartoons here? I just don't watch anime
461faf1c2a4c8a558bf22e895c3a57ef.jpg

:LOL:j/k..sort of.

As long as it doesn't tun into:
ddzzfh7-64b7f121-5c6d-4560-9406-327a855edadd.png

Personally, I don't really watch cartoons. :p

Nah, actually, no. I'd have to change the topic to include the cartoons and :mad:I don't want to!
My topic - my rules mwahahaha!

An awesome anime among other awesome animes :giggle:
On a side note, I really like what Emily Dean (Director) said in the video :)
"Working in adult animation, and Love, Death & Robot in particular, is so exiting. You're really pushing the boundaries of what animation can do. You're really helping audiences open their minds to see that animation isn't a genre. It's a medium for telling stories."

"Working in adult animation, and Love, Death & Robot in particular, is so exiting. You're really pushing the boundaries of what animation can do. You're really helping audiences open their minds to see that animation isn't a genre. It's a medium for telling stories."
Cannot wait for another L+D+R season. I do like the way they mix all sorts of animation and non-animation to deliver amazing stories..

Also, yes, can't help and feel like an a55 for saying 'no cartoons' :D I guess the more you explore the more lines between what is what blur. It doesn't have to fit into the certain shelf, as long as it means something to someone.

Also, it sort of leads to a question what animation can deliver what acting (people actors) can't? Apart from obvious (whatever is obvious to you).

(I am still not changing the title, though)

Some more personal favourites ^^

Genocyber - not for the squeamish! This was part of the Manga Video Cyberpunk Collection (along with Cyber City Oedo 808 and AD Police)

Serei No Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit

Dragon's Heaven (very Metal Hurlant)

Black Magic M-66

An awesome anime among other awesome animes :giggle:
With a great OST too...
"Maybe I gonna live forever. Or maybe this is just one last dream before dying..."

Cannot wait for another L+D+R season. I do like the way they mix all sorts of animation and non-animation to deliver amazing stories..

Also, yes, can't help and feel like an a55 for saying 'no cartoons' :D I guess the more you explore the more lines between what is what blur. It doesn't have to fit into the certain shelf, as long as it means something to someone.

Also, it sort of leads to a question what animation can deliver what acting (people actors) can't? Apart from obvious (whatever is obvious to you).

(I am still not changing the title, though)
I should have named Love Death + Robots in my list, but my favourite chapters are not anime or 2D animation, but the CGI ones (Snow in the Desert, Sonny's Edge, etc), so I didn't count it.

My favorite anime is One Piece. I recommend everyone to try it out. I promise you will love it more and more with each arc.

Top Bottom