Anime/Manga/Manhwa

+
Ok, let's make another super popular topic! :LOL:
Mainly this is for selfish reasons, as recommendations are needed (not only from tiktok - it knows us too well and is super biased now!)

• What's your TOP 5+ favourite anime movies/series?
    • TOP 5 you currently watching, if any?
  • What's your TOP 3 manga/manhwa, if any?

And 'why' if you'd like to elaborate.

Only fair enough if I post mine, I guess (keeping in mind I'm relevantly new to anime, in general)
1. Black Lagoon - this one got me into anime :cool:
2. Edgerunners (being a little biased here :D)
think of this as you have yet to find your number 2. It's a sort of placeholder for another great thing, maybe not as great as number 1, but close enough. The one thing is inevitable - it will be replaced!
3. Attack on Titan
4. Your Name, Silent Voice, Weathering With You, ...
5. Ergo Proxy
100ae2153882ea45ec80887d4c60cee0faf3f848_hq.jpg

Currently watching:
Chainsaw Man, Spy x Family P.2 ( Anya < Kanna, but whatever), Super Cub (this makes me wanna get one!), Lycoris Recoil, etc

Feel free to post any scenes screens/videos you enjoyed, e.g. fight/monologue-dialogue/funny/whatever.

please don't post any h3ntai, this is very unnecessary!

Ok, let's make another super popular topic! :LOL:
Mainly this is for selfish reasons, as recommendations are needed (not only from tiktok - it knows us too well and is super biased now!)

• What's your TOP 5+ favourite anime movies/series?
    • TOP 5 you currently watching, if any?
  • What's your TOP 3 manga/manhwa, if any?

And 'why' if you'd like to elaborate.

Only fair enough if I post mine, I guess (keeping in mind I'm relevantly new to anime, in general)
1. Black Lagoon - this one got me into anime :cool:
2. Edgerunners (being a little biased here :D)
think of this as you have yet to find your number 2. It's a sort of placeholder for another great thing, maybe not as great as number 1, but close enough. The one thing is inevitable - it will be replaced!
3. Attack on Titan
4. Your Name, Silent Voice, Weathering With You, ...
5. Ergo Proxy
View attachment 11327771

Currently watching:
Chainsaw Man, Spy x Family P.2 ( Anya < Kanna, but whatever), Super Cub (this makes me wanna get one!), Lycoris Recoil, etc

Feel free to post any scenes screens/videos you enjoyed, e.g. fight/monologue-dialogue/funny/whatever.

please don't post any h3ntai, this is very unnecessary!
Was never really found of anime. Only ever played Persona 3, but only because of the awesome music.

Quite difficult, but if I have to make a list (more than 5^^)
  • Ghost In The Shell
  • Arcane
  • Akira
  • Black Lagoon*
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
  • BLAME!
  • Patema Inverted
*Rebecca, aka Revy, aka Two-Hands, is so Badass :love:
Revy.full.1740501.jpeg

"I heard voices and there's nothing that I hate more than survivors."
"What a great line !"

Last edited:
What's your TOP 5+ favourite anime movies/series?
1. Akira. Saw it in the early 1990s or so, first anime I saw (not including TV shows like Robotech, Voltron, Ulysses 31 etc.)
2. Magnetic Rose. first of three features in (Katsuhiro Otomo again) Memories.
3. Gundam 0079.
4. Cyber City Oedo 808. The second anime I saw after Akira, at this point it was all about cyberpunk, ultraviolence, swearing(!)
5. Bubblegum Crisis.

What's your TOP 3 manga/manhwa, if any?
1. Akira
2. Devilman (Go Nagai rules)
3. Urusei Yatsura

vlcsnap-2014-04-11-13h04m20s80.png

in no particular order:
Ghost in the Shell
Alita: Battle Angel
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (very close following Code Geass)
Baki Hanma
Code Geass (could be the best anime serie for me)

and other like: Castlevania, Edgerunners (to be honest, is good, but above are also better ones imo), Appleseed, Vexille, Altered Carbon: Resleeved

Last edited:
It's not anime, but my fav and only animated show is Arcane (generally not into animation, but this one was different). An honorable mention would be Nightmare of the Wolf, I though the anime style fits the world of Sapkowski, and Vesemir is so much cooler and fun than Geralt in my opinion. If Edgerunners starred Lucy as the main character and she wasn't a damsel in distress/Ms Fanservice, it might have been an honorable mention as well, but alas.

Last edited:
Not much of an anime fan, but here's the little I have seen and liked a lot:

- Edgerunners (of course)
- Full Metal Alchemist (I think I spent 2 days watching this non stop)
- One-Punch Man
- Hunter X Hunter (I watched this quite a lot actually and no idea why I forgot it at some point)

There were also some other but those didn't have anything for me to remember. Hence also the names have been forgotten.

Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend
3x3 Eyes
Wicked City

Loads more too, but those have stuck with me. Yeah, pretty oldschool and some a little bit hentai-ish.

Akira
Ghost in the Shell
3x3 Eyes
Wicked City

Loads more too, but those have stuck with me. Yeah, pretty oldschool and some a little bit hentai-ish.
I guess I'll have to check them out :coolstory:

Just realised I actually watched and loved it <3 Will definitely check the rest!
Yeah, it's probably not possible to have just 5+
I was not sure whether to put Arcane into the genre, but yeah, would be on the top list of digi animation. When is the damn S2 already?!
*Rebecca, aka Revy, aka Two-Hands, is so Badass :love:
View attachment 11327783

Yes and yes :D
Ghost in the Shell
Alita: Battle Angel
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (very close following Code Geass)
Baki Hanma
Code Geass (could be the best anime serie for me)

and other like: Castlevania, Edgerunners (to be honest, is good, but above are also better ones imo), Appleseed, Vexille, Altered Carbon: Resleeved

Damn, what a list! :cool:
Again, wasn't sure about Alita (which I loved, the 2019 movie) as anime (but then googled and found there is manga and another version of it)!

Nightmare of the Wolf
Ahaha, yes, maybe a little bit of disney anime, but still. Loved it!
If Edgerunners starred Lucy as the main character and she wasn't a damsel in distress/Ms Fanservice, it might have been an honorable mention as well, but alas.
Haha, ha and hah. Yeah, no comments. But maybe the answer is - Rebecca. :disapprove:
Violet Evergarden
Right! Yes, this one is somewhere on my list definitely. But the ending got me like: "WTF are you doing?!" But it was very beautiful! :mad: :LOL:

Last edited:
I was not sure whether to put Arcane into the genre, but yeah, would be on the top list of digi animation. When is the damn S2 already?!
If I remember, it took 6 years to Fortiche to realize the first season, so I don't expect a second season any time soon... But as far as I know, it's planned I think (late 2023 at best...) :)

I would say:

1.Pretty much any anime by Kyoto animation
2.Code Geass
3.Gurren Lagann
4.Ghost in the shell
5.Black lagoon

I have many more that i like but if i hade too make a top 5 this is probably it (cheating on 1 since otherwise it would just be Kyoani 1-5)

Top 3 manga:
1.Claymore (does not make it on the anime since its way shortened and alot missing)
2.Koe No Katachi/a silent voice
3.Ascendance of a Bookworm (the anime is pretty good too)

Last edited:
Since 2022 is about to end... not so far now. I can't wait to keep on loving Jinx and hating on Jayce :coolstory:

I would say:

1.Pretty much any anime by Kyoto animation
2.Code Geass
3.Gurren Lagann
4.Ghost in the shell
5.Black lagoon

I have many more that i like but if i hade too make a top 5 this is probably it (cheating on 1 since otherwise it would just be Kyoani 1-5)
Thank you and sorry about 'top5'. Not sure how to make the thing more..illusive so people can fit e v e r y t h i n g
<3

Damn, what a list! :cool:
Again, wasn't sure about Alita (which I loved, the 2019 movie) as anime (but then googled and found there is manga and another version of it)!
I liked the manga more then the movie/anime tbh. i generally do tho since its often more fleshed out..
Akira
Ghost in the Shell
3x3 Eyes
Wicked City
I think i rented 3x3 eyes as a kid, its alot of semi hentai stuff in that right? might be miss remembering :D
Edit: hade too look it up, time span kinda fits but its not the one im thinking off. Cant remember the name but it shocked me when i watched it :D

Last edited:
I wouldn't have said 3x3 Eyes was particularly Hentai. It can be a bit gory in places (so perhaps a bit "adult" sometimes), but it's not overtly or over the top sexual. So, not Hentai IMO. It's biggest problem was that they didn't make many animes of it. There is loads more in the manga.

Urotsukidoji (for me, just the first one was really good - it became less good as it went on IMO) and Wicked City probably do fall under Hentai but I always thought that the sexuality was *mostly* plot-justified and not excessively gratuitous in them.

I'll have to dig out my old VHS tapes and watch them again. Like I said, oldschool. :ROFLMAO:

I'll have to dig out my old VHS tapes and watch them again. Like I said, oldschool. :ROFLMAO:
Was the same with the one i remember. Rented it when i was like 8-10 something on VHS and thought cartoon so it must be kids stuff... It was bloody and full of sexual stuff :D Ruined me for life :D

Top Bottom