Anita attacks Witcher 3 over sexism

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever.

---------- Updated at 11:06 PM ----------

Apparently, you don't know the statistics.

But here they are anyway. http://www.unwomen.org/en/what-we-do/ending-violence-against-women/facts-and-figures
Right....peer reviewed statistics that have been done by various non-profit organizations.... setting a new standard for proof there, eh?

Just because the world isn't safe for both genders does not mean that one gender is still not at a severe disadvantage economically, political and socially - and you know that. What you are doing is called white-washing and detracting from the issue.

I don't have to believe in the wage gap. It is a fact whether you like it or not.

I have experienced it. I started a new job as a paralegal and got a salary of $ 40,000 a year. Women who worked at the office for years doing the same work were making between 28-32000 a year.

But it looks like you are leaning towards the conspiracy angle anyway.....

"the statistics...man....they aren't peer-reviewed,,,,it's the government, man....oh wait...it's the "feminist academia" (that apparently is running around rampant making up their own statistics)....they want you to believe the wage gap, man....it's all made up, man....that's why no one is talking about it,,,man"

oh wait....

Yeah, we have nothing to talk about.

After you couldn't provide a single solitary reason to think Anita is actually right or deserves credit for all her bullcrap you immediately go to wage difference... on a forum regarding the Witcher. In a thread regarding video games.

Seriously? You can't make it more obvious if you tried. Isn't there a bridge you should be standing under?

:troll:

Last edited:
No one should listen to or believe anything Anita has to say. It's obvious to anyone based in reality that she does not speak the truth.

Whatever.

But here they are anyway. http://www.unwomen.org/en/what-we-do/ending-violence-against-women/facts-and-figures
Right....peer reviewed statistics that have been done by various non-profit organizations.... setting a new standard for proof there, eh?

Just because the world isn't safe for both genders does not mean that one gender is still not at a severe disadvantage economically, political and socially - and you know that. What you are doing is called white-washing and detracting from the issue.

I don't have to believe in the wage gap. It is a fact whether you like it or not.

I have experienced it. I started a new job as a paralegal and got a salary of $ 40,000 a year. Women who worked at the office for years doing the same work were making between 28-32000 a year.

"the statistics...man....they aren't peer-reviewed,,,,it's the government, man....oh wait...it's the "feminist academia" (that apparently is running around rampant making up their own statistics)....they want you to believe the wage gap, man....it's all made up, man....that's why no one is talking about it,,,man"

oh wait....

This is great but what about The Witcher?

I respect Anita Saarkesian and I hate with every fiber of my being the members of my gender who have threatened her.

I also support making video games more inclusive for female gamers. They have every right to enjoy our hobby as much as male ones.

That doesn't mean I agree with her conclusions.

Anita has the very strange idea that women are more gentle than men and that violence is a male attribute. I prefer to believe violence and aggression are gender neutral.

Which means that Ciri is an AWESOME female character.

Temporary lock until this cools down a little...

OK, it's open again. With slighly fewer contributors and a few warnings.

And a reminder:
1. Keep it civil. Ad hominem attacks on individuals, including those who are NOT in this forum, are likely to be deleted and may result in bans being handed out.
2. Sexist (male OR female) remarks and attacks on countries or cultures are also likely to attract very rigorous moderator action.
3. Be very, very careful about generalising. Suggesting that the majority of a particular group of people feel a certain way tends to annoy those who DON'T, and may therefore be considered flamebaiting.

If you want to have a general discussion about Feminism, its impact on Video Games and so on, it's best moved over to the Community section. The same rules do apply.

Yeah, this is getting a bit silly. I think thread has run it's course :help:

I respect Anita Saarkesian and I hate with every fiber of my being the members of my gender who have threatened her.

I also support making video games more inclusive for female gamers. They have every right to enjoy our hobby as much as male ones.

That doesn't mean I agree with her conclusions.

Anita has the very strange idea that women are more gentle than men and that violence is a male attribute. I prefer to believe violence and aggression are gender neutral.

Which means that Ciri is an AWESOME female character.

Just want to add, I mentioned me and her have butt heads on YouTube. And while I honestly think she's wrong, the threatening and disgusting remarks are a horrible way to go about disputing her. Although, as anyone on YouTube with strong opinions she should know what she got herself into. You have to expect these things on the internet. Still... it shouldn't happen and the people doing such things are immature little kids.

Last edited:
Hrmm... Also considering that the unemployment rate is highest among men. Considering your story, you can't blame your "so-called invisible" gap on business economics. Buy cheap in bulk. Buy quality for higher. How do people not know this? There's a reason people tell you to change jobs often, or to request raises. If you're not fighting for your job, or showing you deserve an increase, well, then you don't deserve, do you? Now, would you like to try again?

...add the fact that women are generally less likely to negotiate salary as men do. There are many factors, bottom line is, though: In the western world, the wage gap is a myth that is kept alive by politicians and the uneducated.

@Willowhugger: Video games are already one of the most inclusive hobbies there are, to those that WANT to be in them. Thing is, though, the people that support Anita are not gamers, they are self righteous social justice types that want to change every communality they come across to conform to their specific brand of "inclusiveness"...

Last edited:
Hrmm... Also considering that the unemployment rate is highest among men. Considering your story, you can't blame your "so-called invisible" gap on business economics. Buy cheap in bulk. Buy quality for higher. How do people not know this? There's a reason people tell you to change jobs often, or to request raises. If you're not fighting for your job, or showing you deserve an increase, well, then you don't deserve, do you? Now, would you like to try again?

It's not my story. I didn't make any of this up. Not talking about unemployment rate here. And it is not invisible gap, it is a pretty visible gap.

I talked about the wage gap, the fact that women are much more likely than men to get abused, raped, cat-called, you name it. The only subject you brought up is economics - you have completely bypassed everything else I had mentioned - cherry picking, eh?

When you walk down the street at night all you may be concerned about is getting mugged/killed.
Women have to be considered about getting raped/mugged/killed.

When you go online to play a game you will never get harassed for being a male - that is not the story for women.

Most of what you have brought up is completely irrelevant to the fact that women are still treated as second-class citizens in this country, still, and in other parts of the world.

Fail. Try again.

---------- Updated at 03:04 AM ----------

...add the fact that women are generally less likely to negotiate salary as men do. There are many factors, bottom line is, though: In the western world, the wage gap is a myth that is kept alive by politicians and the uneducated.

Wage gap is a fact denied by the loons.

---------- Updated at 03:06 AM ----------

After you couldn't provide a single solitary reason to think Anita is actually right or deserves credit for all her bullcrap you immediately go to wage difference... on a forum regarding the Witcher. In a thread regarding video games.

Seriously? You can't make it more obvious if you tried. Isn't there a bridge you should be standing under?

:troll:

Wrong. Wage gap is not the only thing I had mentioned. This whole thing was borne out of men getting off on ragging on this feminist who, apparently, is very apt to get under people's skin. I am guessing it is the insecurity talking.

Strawman some more.

The short short version of this entire argument?

1. Anita Saarkesian is a woman with some dubious academic conclusions but, largely, has her heart in the right place.

2. The sheer number of asshats and sexist jerks in the internet who have attacked her is disgusting.

3. The Witcher series has some sexist stuff in it but, ironically, is one of the few game series with proactive 3-dimensional female characters.

4. Sexist stuff does not automatically a bad game make, nor is depiction condoning.

Does anymore need to be said?

Damm this bitch is sooo annoying
How can someone be so stupid and buy any of her bs?

TW is a dark fantasy sure some sexist stuff is there but who cares?

Do we want another Bioware who sacrifice story and atmosphere to not offense anyone and to pander to people like Anita (I even remember a quest getting cut in DA because of ugly feminists like Anita)

She doesn't deserve all the attention. Just because the villains are calling Ciri a whore or a bitch does NOT mean that the developers are condoning or promoting this type of behaviour. A writer is like a man who is in the sky and holds a mirror, mirroring the society below. A smart person will blame society for what happens in the book (since that is what it mirrors), a retard will point at the mirror.

The fact that she is incapable of this basic fact shows that she is not worthy of representing women in gaming.

But don't you get it? That mirror perpetuates the patriarchal society we live in! We should smash the mirror and replace it with feminist propagan- euhm... I mean, feminist educational videos about how toxic masculinity is.

SMASH THE MIRROR! SMASH THE PATRIARCHY!

The thing is, I'm actually fully of the mind female characters get overlooked.

The Witcher is awesome BECAUSE of its three-dimensional female characters.

Phillipa, Ciri, Triss, Yennefer, Saskia, and others.

I have no interest in brainless beauties existing for titilation.

Perhaps why I'm actually married and not living in my basement.

The short short version of this entire argument?

1. Anita Saarkesian is a woman with some dubious academic conclusions but, largely, has her heart in the right place.

2. The sheer number of asshats and sexist jerks in the internet who have attacked her is disgusting.

3. The Witcher series has some sexist stuff in it but, ironically, is one of the few game series with proactive 3-dimensional female characters.

4. Sexist stuff does not automatically a bad game make, nor is depiction condoning.

Does anymore need to be said?

I don't think her heart is in the right place at all
She seems like a bitch who has no idea what she is talking about and who just likes to annoy people

Of course some people on the internet always cross the line but she is very stupid that much is basically undeniable

Makes feminists look bad with her bs

Meh, what for? You put so many of those up by now, no crow would ever land on your field again... ;)

Rhetorical request, obviously.

You haven't quoted a single one of my alleged strawmen.

All you did was basically say: "statistics, shmatistics. It's the feminist/political agenda, man"

Fail.

Don't forget the tin foil hat.

Last edited:
Whatever.

oh wait....

I suggest you take your proof of not being paid the same to the FBI because President Kennedy signed the equal pay act of 1962.

Last edited:
The thing is, I'm actually fully of the mind female characters get overlooked.

The Witcher is awesome BECAUSE of its three-dimensional female characters.

Phillipa, Ciri, Triss, Yennefer, Saskia, and others.

Problem there, the assessment of those and the resulting arguments Anita brings forth, generally stop at the first dimension, which usually is the design of the character or some specific, singular personality trait. Even if you couldn't level any other criticism against her, you could at least say she's royally lazy in her research.

Rhetorical request, obviously.

You haven't quoted a single one of my alleged strawmen.

All you did was basically say: "statistics, shmatistics. It's the feminist/political agenda, man"

Fail.

Don't forget the tin foil hat.

Well, since you are operating from the position that people criticizing Anita have to be insecure, white man with tiny wieners, I'd say we are even. ;)

Last edited:
I don't think her heart is in the right place at all
She seems like a bitch who has no idea what she is talking about and who just likes to annoy people

Of course some people on the internet always cross the line but she is very stupid that much is basically undeniable

Makes feminists look bad with her bs

I find that difficult to believe as her videos aren't offensive. Anyone who's watched them will attest they're just sort of...."there."

I mean the first one is, literally, "Doesn't it suck a lot of video game protagonists are dudes out to rescue women? Isn't that really lazy writing?"

Who gets offended at that? I mean, it's OBVIOUS and doesn't really deserve that much attention, but people act like she's killed Christ.

Double Dragon's plot does not need that much defending.

It's not my story. I didn't make any of this up. Not talking about unemployment rate here. And it is not invisible gap, it is a pretty visible gap.

I talked about the wage gap, the fact that women are much more likely than men to get abused, raped, cat-called, you name it. The only subject you brought up is economics - you have completely bypassed everything else I had mentioned - cherry picking, eh?

When you walk down the street at night all you may be concerned about is getting mugged/killed.
Women have to be considered about getting raped/mugged/killed.

When you go online to play a game you will never get harassed for being a male - that is not the story for women.

Most of what you have brought up is completely irrelevant to the fact that women are still treated as second-class citizens in this country, still, and in other parts of the world.

Fail. Try again.

---------- Updated at 03:04 AM ----------

Wage gap is a fact denied by the loons.

---------- Updated at 03:06 AM ----------

Wrong. Wage gap is not the only thing I had mentioned. This whole thing was borne out of men getting off on ragging on this feminist who, apparently, is very apt to get under people's skin. I am guessing it is the insecurity talking.

Strawman some more.

This is completely off-topic, but I suggest you watch this educational video from old-school feminist Christina Hoff Sommers, who explains the gender wage cap myth quite well:

Now, might I suggest you stop drinking the feminist kool-aid?

I suggest you take your proof of not being paid the same to the FBI because President Kennedy signed the equal pay act of 1962.

Right.
And the slaves were actually "free" to vote in 1865 and they actually had the same rights as white people at the end of 1960's after the Civil Rights act was signed...

Get real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom