Anita attacks Witcher 3 over sexism

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the method she uses to change the industry in her vision (the shittiest version) is to influence big review sites to start considering elements of a game they PERCEIVE as being sexist or games that don't hamfistedly pander to SJW by including black people or women where they don't fit legitimate flaws, like a gamebreaking bug or poor game mechanic.

Imagine if every review site was like Polygon and every review site spewed retarded crap like in the TW3 review by some mongoloid with 50 IQ. The best part of that review was where the retard in question said that while TW3 depicts non-human races, they are all white. The review spent whole paragraphs giving lavish praise to TW3 until that part and it got an 8 because of it. Fucking retarded.

Now I know that review sites are largely irrelevant to a big portion of gamers these days but the fact is that casual gamers (who are the majority) still listen to these review sites. So if all of these review sites were to become like Polygon we would ALL be screwed and games like TW3 would greatly suffer.

We may be drifting away from the subject a bit here but I completely agree with you. Being black myself I can refer to this ; I consider it downright stupid when a movie director or game developers feel it necessary to include black people in their obviously Nordic setting movie or game. Only because they think they'll appeal to a larger audience that way somehow, or because they're afraid of the controversy if there are only white people in their games/movies.

For example, the black Heimdall thing from Marvel really annoyed me. A black Norse god ? I mean really ? Even more annoying when I want to watch a medieval historical movie, and they just have this one black guy in the merry band of knights just y'know "being there". In XVIIth century France. Why ? More chances people would stone people from my color to death if they saw them during that era, and I understand that, I mean it's the Middle Ages for fuck sake I wouldn't be offended if they only put white actors, that'd be fucking logical and coherent whereas just tossing a black guy in the mix is god damned ridiculous. It's like a chief going "mmh, that soup is missing something. Oh who cares, just throw some black dudes in there whatever". No, really, it's not.

So yeah, I assumed it was the same thing for gender. Just like I wasn't offended by how black people NPCs were treated in Red Dead Redemption, I just assume women shouldn't feel offended by how female characters are treated in a medieval setting in the middle of a village full of illiterate congenital fucktards. And I'm sure a number of women do understand the importance of a logical background when you're playing a role playing game like TW3, but just the fact that a lot do think it is actually sexist is beyond me.

Last edited:
These jesters can't be taken serious anymore.

If she's that offended maybe she should play some Hello Kitty: Island Adventure.

You know she is just a Jack Thompson 2.0. Instead of stance on violence it's a stance on sexism. Don't get me wrong I am for equal rights for everyone, but I detest people who takes a radical/extremest fear mongering way of getting their message across. Especially when all of the information is completely falsified to create sensationalism. These people are just as reliable as tabloid journalism is.

It's quite interesting how she talks as if TW3 was being made for female audiences. It wasn't.

Why wouldn't it be?
TW3 is not a male-only banging simulator.
It's a complex game set in a gritty fantasy world with some Eastern European cultural roots, a game for any player who chooses.

Regardless, this thread is struggling to maintain the moral high ground, a little calm would be sensible.
The handful of tweets from AS and FF do not merit this level of debate, they are just a few tweets. Opinions, not facts.

If a more detailed critique was issued in due course,
then that could merit a more detailed rebuttal, addressing the facts not personalities.

...Bioware seems to be aligned with her, there is speculation she had much influence in how Dragon Age Inquisition turned out. Now, Bioware always has had a more progressive agenda in their games I suppose, so ignoring Anita's rants against the Witcher seem fine, I think, but Dragon Age Inquisition moved to the point of taking out romance options for role players who are straight males, I believe--I can't confirm that, that is what I have heard...

Such speculation and 'what you heard' sounds like a load of rot to me.
There are the same number of straight male romances in their games as there have always been.
Let's not just make stuff up.

Last edited:
I find her claims to be offensive not only against gaming but the writers too. She even went after Dragon Age 3 because it depicted romance plots too. She'd have you think in a game with a scene like this

(Warning Spoilers... kinda... you might think it's a BIG spoiler but it's not)

that these writers don't care about their females roles. This scene has to be one of my favorite moments in a game. One of my favorite characters too. And that level of depth in story telling is in this game as well. Which is why I'm 100% positive she never played them.

...and Dragon Ages storytelling is but a shadow of what BioWare was once capable of.

Neo-puritan liberalists academics like Anita and her master Macintosh are just using outrage culture to make some money, they don't care about anything else, really... the fact that there are people stupid enough to actually listen to them is the really sad part. I guess that happens when you never question the BS that comes out of certain academic circles just because it sounds... reasonable?

Last edited:
The Witcher 3 was being talked about a lot in the media. She saw an easy opportunity to garner attention. Not shocked. Sadly a lot of people in the mainstream have latched onto her, she has appeared on The Colbert Report and almost every mainstream daytime talk show etc. It's really sad to see the kind of effect she has had on gaming. Women will be shoe horned into games when it doesn't fit the narrative, then games will start to be designed around being playable by both genders, watering down the story. It's fine if that's what your story calls for, but expression recently has been up to the vocal minority made up of SJW and general societal trolls.

It's more than just games, look at the recent change to the alt cover of Batgirl, and there are many others. It's refreshing to see there are game developers who still call out the SJW BS for what it is, but these people end up with the ire of SJWs who have way more influence than people seem to think. Censorship is terrible and now anytime there is an opportunity SJWs go all out, even over something silly like the female mechanic in the FFXV demo. That is the character they created and how they wanted her to look and they changed her because a vocal minority cried for it. Regardless that's how they wanted her to look, you can say that it's not infringing on art, but it is. Next thing you know museums will be censoring nudity because it's misogynistic...

The Witcher 3 was being talked about a lot in the media. She saw an easy opportunity to garner attention. Not shocked. Sadly a lot of people in the mainstream have latched onto her, she has appeared on The Colbert Report and almost every mainstream daytime talk show etc. It's really sad to see the kind of effect she has had on gaming. Women will be shoe horned into games when it doesn't fit the narrative, then games will start to be designed around being playable by both genders, watering down the story. It's fine if that's what your story calls for, but expression recently has been up to the vocal minority made up of SJW and general societal trolls.

It's more than just games, look at the recent change to the alt cover of Batgirl, and there are many others. It's refreshing to see there are game developers who still call out the SJW BS for what it is, but these people end up with the ire of SJWs who have way more influence than people seem to think. Censorship is terrible and now anytime there is an opportunity SJWs go all out, even over something silly like the female mechanic in the FFXV demo. That is the character they created and how they wanted her to look and they changed her because a vocal minority cried for it. Regardless that's how they wanted her to look, you can say that it's not infringing on art, but it is. Next thing you know museums will be censoring nudity because it's misogynistic...

Yeah and most of the media inviting her everywhere have little to nothing to do with gaming. They all think the whole community is a bunch of sexist maniacs, and that she is somehow a brave soul for going against all of it. It is pretty annoying to see people who know nothing about story driven games eating all the bullshit she says since she took the mask of the "girl with a mission". Okay the death threats are way dumb, that doesn't make her right on all accounts and the weight they're putting on her bullshit could impair games like TW3 one day if it is allowed to grow. Imagine an actual RPG with George R.R Martin's A Song of Ice And Fire that'd make as much noise as TW3. If The Witcher is enough a setting to rouse the feminazis, I don't even dare imagining what would happen with a game like that, considering the enormous amount of raping going on in there...

She just wants the attention, the fame, it probably brings in cash. And she gets it. Controversy sells sometimes. She's just an idiot.

Yes but that's the problem, people don't understand this is simply someone trying to gain attention by purposely saying stupid, made up bullshit. Where that would just be funny to a lot of people, some of them are taking her claims to be true. Stuff like this creates a Domino effect.

If it was just a bunch of soccer moms behind her, yeah that's fine. They're always looking for a new direction to point their fingers at when someone asks why their kids are playing the choking game and drinking sizzurp while they record themselves planking on a lit stove. But no she's gaining support from well known people and even some people within the gaming industry.

That happens when you take away religion from the unwashed masses... suddenly blasphemy becomes misogyny, and heresy becomes harassment. People need their dogma, hence it saves them from actually thinking about the world around them.

Why wouldn't it be?
TW3 is not a male-only banging simulator.
I don't believe TW series (the games) were designed for women, but at the same time it doesn't necessarily exclude them. Women can pick it up and play it if they want, but I don't think TW series was intended for them. The majority of gamers experiencing TW are most likely male.

I don't believe TW series (the games) were designed for women, but at the same time it doesn't necessarily exclude them. Women can pick it up and play it if they want, but I don't think TW series was intended for them. The majority of gamers experiencing TW are most likely male.

Good art is never intended for any one demographic... the Witcher sure isn't.

Ragging on a feminist (even if she is an extreme feminist according to some) is not the same as arguing against the merits of feminism - namely, don't objectify women, don't whistle at them on the street, don't rape them, don't abuse them, don't take away their reproductive rights, don't harass them online and don't pay them less for the same work than men do, etc.

Most males ragging on feminism probably have tiny wieners and can't get any. They can't handle rejection, they can't handle the fact that they can't get away with rape as easily anymore and they can't handle the fact that women should not be second class citizens; most importantly, they don't want women to have a voice.

Anyone man has ever loved or been with a woman should know better - and you don't even need to do that to realize that 1/3 women has a "story" to tell and that most women just do not have same opportunities that [white] men have had for thousands of years.

So I would advise everyone to get over themselves...Nobody is out to get you, the feminists barely hold any political power so you have nothing to fear from them.

I expect more from these forums (except maybe for the hundreds of users who signed up in May of 2015).

Last edited:
Good art is never intended for any one demographic... the Witcher sure isn't.

True. Wife got me into Witcher books, I got her into the Witcher games. Although she's always been a fan of Warhammer stories. Lord of the Rings, Warcraft and Witcher kind of stories.

So I would advise everyone to get over themselves... I expect more from these forums (except maybe for the hundreds of users who signed up in May of 2015).

Thanks, but I prefer living in the real world... you know, the world where rape is a crime that happen to both genders (and nobody has to be educated to not do it), women in the west are payed the same as men (depending on their life choices), and are just as fallible as men (and thus treated accordingly).

Last edited:
Didn't read what she wrote but I'm not sure what the complaints can possibly be.

The women depicted in Witcher 3 are mostly (at least with the main cast) strong and independent. Geralt treats them respectfully as well as far as I've seen from conversation.

Actually, they did. During the Baron quest line, you can only tell him:
1. It's all your fault
2. Both of you are at fault
3. I don't care

YOU CAN NOT SAY IT WAS THE WOMAN'S FAULT!
Misandry in TW3 confirmed.

I hope this is sarcasm.. I am not detecting it.

Unfortunately, many of the replies in threads like this one validate her, and people with a similar stance.

Ragging on a feminist (even if she is an extreme feminist according to some) is not the same as arguing against the merits of feminism - namely, don't objectify women, don't whistle at them on the street, don't rape them, don't abuse them, don't take away their reproductive rights, don't harass them online and don't pay them less for the same work than men do, etc.

Most males ragging on feminism probably have tiny wieners and can't get any. They can't handle rejection, they can't handle the fact that they can't get away with rape as easily anymore and they can't handle the fact that women should not be second class citizens; most importantly, they don't want women to have a voice.

Anyone man has ever loved or been with a woman should know better - and you don't even need to do that to realize that 1/3 women has a "story" to tell and that most women just do not have same opportunities that [white] men have had for thousands of years.

So I would advise everyone to get over themselves... I expect more from these forums (except maybe for the hundreds of users who signed up in May of 2015).

I don't see the link here between Sarkeesian and feminism though. Nor the link between actual feminist concerns and The Witcher. That's actually the problem at hand, and why I made the post in the first place.

Thank you for your extremely accurate and scientific demographic study though, me and my wife salute human sciences like sociology wherever we find it even when it refutes the existence of our very real marriage. And I thought I was finally settled down, guess my whole newlywed life has been a lie the past 3 years. Really, thank you for opening my eyes. Alone again then, darn it !
:sad:

Yea yea Witcher is sexist, Pillars of Eternity is abusive blah blah blah we all know the story. Carry on, nothing to see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom