Announcing Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

+
Oh, by the way, they neglected to mention this little bit...
View attachment 11316767

I can't seem to find this Tweet.

Is it possible to link it?

I mostly ask because among all of the amazing news today - this would be rather sad. The only way this won't make me sad is if Phantom Liberty ends up being "Blood and Wine" sized. Because in that case that's good enough for me. :)

I can't seem to find this Tweet.

Is it possible to link it?

I mostly ask because among all of the amazing news today - this would be rather sad. The only way this won't make me sad is if Phantom Liberty ends up being "Blood and Wine" sized. Because in that case that's good enough for me. :)

Never mind, found the Tweet.

That is very sad. Hopefully this thing sells like crazy and they make another one. Even if it a smaller 'Hearts of Stone' sized expansion.

I get it though - they are ready to move on to UE5 in a hurry.

1x
Honestly I’m disappointed that they are dropping last Gen support so now we last Gen players won’t get to experience the expansion ok fine.I’m just going to finish my last 2 PTs and uninstall the game and move on to other games.And maybe when I eventually do upgrade to a Series console I might return to CP2077 but at this point the whole thing has left a rather bad taste in my mouth so it’s looking unlikely tbh.

Honestly CDPR made terrible decisions with this game and altogether they screwed up but now they have decided to kick the last Gen players in their teeth with this.
Do keep the save files, though, given the cross platform saving. Presumably one reason why it's being introduced.
Post automatically merged:

So, as we feared, pre-ending qust chain. And that's about it, the first and the last story DLC for this game.
Given the themes of the base game I'm not sure there's any evidence to be taken from the teaser either way.

So,
V's biochip problem is solved by some sort of arrangement with the NUSA? Probably as some sort of covert operation against Arasaka. Probably also why the Aldecaldo veterans somehow mysteriously thought they had a solution to the problem.

Get ready for Phantom Liberty — a spy-thriller expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 set in an all new district of Night City. Coming in 2023 to PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Stadia.
Finally gonna buy that PS5. Pretty excited to jump back in!

Yeah but they were absolute masters in getting away with criticism on what has been more "criticisable" since launch. Bugs and performance shifting attention from lack of branching option and existing incoherences even on gigs based on player choices (kill or not kill npc without separate consequences in the world,...), interaction with the city, etc. Now the players that had it the roughest, appeased in the past as there would be performance updates - check - and new content, 2 expansions as in The Witcher 3 - uncheck because now they move forward with Unreal engine and uncheck, old Gen consoles because we miss managed the hell out of a project that was supposed to come out when old Gen was all there was.
Really unhappy about this side-noted news mixed in with all the cool new stuff.
I can understand the frustration. In this case though, I don't think they had any alternative. They spent so many thousands of hours trying to get the game just so that it would play acceptably on the last Gen systems, that I doubt they could have squeezed more than another building or two, let alone an entire new area. Although calling last Gen systems last Gen seems strange, since I'm one of the many people who still haven't been able to get their hands on what's now a current Gen system.

Is there a chance this expansion has main story connections or is this seeming more like side content?

I found the fact that the first DLC with game history didn't come out to the old generation. The game was released to the old generation, all the promises were made in the old generation and now this? A DLC is nothing more than a part of the game, not a new engine or a new game so to me it seems unwillingness of the CD to release the DLC to the generation that gave them the very high sales number even with all the problems. Shame on you.

Thank you CDPR for making a free expansion. It looks great! I hope it has a lot of depth. That being said this world has so much potential and room to expand ( I think you have only used about 30-40% of the map so far). I drove around the map when you could get out of the boundaries and it took over an hour in a car. The Ocean area is large enough to be able to drive around in speed boats which would add a whole new dynamic to the game as well. Times are tight it is hard to run a company and offer free upgrades and still stay in business. So charge for new addon's after this one because it costs your company time and $ to develop new things. Then you should able to keep expansions rolling out each year and make it worth it for you.

It’s a rather telling situation the game shouldn’t have even been released on last Gen at all but CDPR got greedy and released a undercooked buggy/broken game.That’s right CP2077 is at its heart a PC game that’s where you get the best experience with it all in all.

But the truth is if they made it a PC exclusive they would have lost a lot of money so that’s why they did what they did.As I said boneheaded decision after boneheaded decision and now here we are they are gonna burn their last Gen player base and that’s not gonna be forgotten.

I could see another lawsuit possibly I don’t think it will happen but it could happen at the very least tbh.

Coming in 2023 to PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Stadia.

As i can recall you did say that first expansion will be included for xbox one x cyberpunk edition. [...]

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-07 at 08-36-54 Amazon.com Xbox One X LE Bundle - CyberPunk DISCONTINUED Vid...png
    Screenshot 2022-09-07 at 08-36-54 Amazon.com Xbox One X LE Bundle - CyberPunk DISCONTINUED Vid...png
    491.8 KB · Views: 149
I`m very sad already that this expansion will be the only one. Hopefully it will be a lot of hours to play - Its just so hard to leave Cyberpunk2077 world.

Anyway, I understand why they dont make in for old consoles. They will loose some money but at the end I think product quality will be much higher as less compromises will be made. I think people who bought it for last gen consoles still have free upgrade for next gen so at some point they will probably play it anyway. Today`s investor call could also tell us more about future plans.

It’s a rather telling situation the game shouldn’t have even been released on last Gen at all but CDPR got greedy and released a undercooked buggy/broken game.That’s right CP2077 is at its heart a PC game that’s where you get the best experience with it all in all.

But the truth is if they made it a PC exclusive they would have lost a lot of money so that’s why they did what they did.As I said boneheaded decision after boneheaded decision and now here we are they are gonna burn their last Gen player base and that’s not gonna be forgotten.

I could see another lawsuit possibly I don’t think it will happen but it could happen at the very least tbh.
it's the same with current gen, their hardware is old already

I`m very sad already that this expansion will be the only one. Hopefully it will be a lot of hours to play - Its just so hard to leave Cyberpunk2077 world.
especially when there's not even a thought of a cp2077 sequel currently.

it means after next year there will be many years more before we get anymore cyberpunk content from cdpr

I guess I will just have to move on

Anyway, I understand why they dont make in for old consoles. They will loose some money but at the end I think product quality will be much higher as less compromises will be made. I think people who bought it for last gen consoles still have free upgrade for next gen so at some point they will probably play it anyway. Today`s investor call could also tell us more about future plans.
Yesterday there were more than 25,000 people watching the live and they have more than 18,000,000 copies sold and the game is a single-player story mode with a year and a half old. I wouldn't say too high that Phantom Liberty is the only expansion, it may be a bestseller that pushes the decision to further expand the life of Night City with a second expansion in 2024 that would put the finishing touch to this stage of CDPR.

Top Bottom