Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Okay i've read all the 85 pages... Uff... I made it.
Forgive me in advance for my bad english but i want to tell something to CDPR and share my own thoughts.
First of all, you really needed this?. Okay, Marcin already answered that was for having better sales, and that make sense, but now after all this shitstorm has finished i wanted to ask directly to Marcin if this "Marketing Move" was WORTH it. Because what i see is that you only damaged yourself with this announcement. And you can see by yourself that here everyone, i mean everyone who CARES about YOU, CDPR, doesn't want to ruin yourself with your hands! And that can happen!

The first time i read the news i felt a stab in the heart, no joking, like the only Developers i Really trusted had became like the others (Rebels since 2002, you remember this right?) and i still feel in my mouth a bad taste with a sense of sadness while i'm writing these words. Maybe i'm just over-reacting, and maybe i really am, but it's because i really love you guys and this mature community that has born with you. :yes:

You really have to think carefully about your choices ( about the Game,Marketing,Development.. everything ) and see if you are coherent with them , because is sad to tell you but the promise that you made was broke. Yes, at least for me, even for a cloth map. Why can't i have it for my PC CE? Because of a deal with microsoft? You don't behave like this CDPR!

Now don't get me wrong i'm not whining for not having a cloth map and i'm not saying that you betrayed us, but that's a matter of principle!
I love you for your independance and because you don't have relationships with Big Companies!(especially microsoft!, i own a xbox 360 since 2009 don't call me a sony fanboy uh!)

That said i'm looking forward to play this masterpiece, as everyone else here despite those bad comments, and i hope that this game will hit hard in the game industry to become an inspiration for all the developers of the world! Because you guys are the only reason why i am still playing videogames! You're our last hope!

Keep up the good work! :hatsoff:

Edit: Can you release some extra footage just for us? We won't be no more angry, hopefully :hai:

Last edited:
Now you're beating another one. You, sir, have a strawman abuse problem. Seek help.
:scold:

Here's a third one:

Doesn't matter, though. This still feels like a tempest in a teapot.

Last edited:
I think this is totally fine and continues to be in line with the promises made by CD Projekt. No exclusive in-game content of any kind is being made for pre-order, retailers or a platform. The game remains 100% equal in-game content wise for all players (unless there's regional changes which I haven't heard about).

As the update by CD Projekt mentioned, there was already some real life exclusive goods (ie: Posters, Steel Books, Medallion, ect...) exclusive to certain retailers for pre-ordering. People didn't really complain about that because of how minor it was. Yet now just because it's Xbox (which is cool to hate on) people are loosing their shit. It's not like anything was taken away from the previously promised content in the other Collector Editions, they just added 2 items (which again have no impact in-game).

It's already very impressive that The Witcher 3 can get away with having no in-game exclusive content for pre-ordering, retailers or platforms. I don't think people realise how much pressure is put on developers to have those kind of things. Most of the time they downright say that unless they give them exclusive content they won't give the game equal advertisement (ie: Store shelf space). It goes to show how good the game is and how much interest there is in TW3 that most platforms and retailers nevertheless advertise about the game. To help things out a little they have a select few exclusive physical goods at select retailers. It's all for the betterment of the game & devs and doesn't take away anything from anyone.

Hey CDPR!

Why have you decided to give preferential treatment to XBOne?
Why betray every other game collector or fan on the other platforms?
Why after all you have done would you shit on us like that?

This just looks like a blatant case of selling out your core principles. I have nothing against MS, XBox, or XBox gamers, but to shaft your fans so you can pocket some extra cash from MS is pretty disgusting, and something you used to stand against.

Where are you principles? I can understand MS using every tool it has to claw its way back in to the next gen fight, but to take their money and give them special treatment is the antithesis of what CDPR is/was renowned for.

Exclusivity is anti-gamer, and anti consumer, but most importantly its saying that one group of fans are more important to you. That you would deny certain things from fans who are just as supportive, give you the same level if income is indefensible. How much money was it that would cause you to give the finger to the majority of your fans? (there are more PC and PS owners then XBOne owners by a factor of at least 4-1). Was it worth tainting your image, and flushing one of your core values down the toilet? Can we expect more of this in the future? How much money will it take for you to offer exclusive content, or hell even platform exclusivity?

MS is doing what it can to to build and promote its brand, what you've done is devalue your own.

I am an avid collector and you now providing exclusive physical items to one platform is nothing short of betrayal, especially to those who like me have been ardent supporters back with the first game! Even so I would be just as angry at a PC exclusive. I thought better of you, but it seems that any principle can be beaten down with enough cash. For shame!

I am livid, and beyond disappointed. Why would you do this to you BIGGEST fans?
We collectors are more vested than most, and for that reason this betrayal hurts more.

How big a fan am I?
I own:
2 copies of The Witcher Collectors Edition
2 copies of The Witcher Enhanced Edition
The Witcher 2 Collectors Edition
The Witcher 2 Premium Edition

But now I will not be able to get the most complete edition of the CE for my platform because you find taking money from Microsoft to be more important than your fans.

What could possibly make you think its ok to fragment you fan base? Why would you say that the section of fans is more important than another? Why you tell long time fans and new ones alike that their money and support if literally worth less than another groups?
Why have you betrayed one of your founding principles for dirty money?

I concur. And here's how big a witcher fan I am.

P.S. I didn't include the books.

Did you know that if you pre-order the game from GOG.com, you get NeverWinter Nights for free, but you don't if you pre-order on Steam (or if you buy the console versions)? Why did nobody throw a fit then?

Because getting a free copy of a decade old game from a digital retailer is not the same as exclusive items that literally can't be bought anywhere else. Its also completely different as that deal is open TO EVERYBODY who preorders the game on GOG. There is no excluding anyone.

Did you know that if you pre-order the game from GOG.com, you get NeverWinter Nights for free, but you don't if you pre-order on Steam (or if you buy the console versions)? Why did nobody throw a fit then?

IMO, offering popular games for free as part of a preorder bonus is one of the worst types of offers.

I have not once come across a game that I was interested in purchasing that had this kind of promo for a game I had not already bought. What's the point of having 2 copies? What's the point of re-playing an old game? Neither holds any value to me, so that offer's worth is seen as nil.

Also, the NWN promo was a GOG offer. It's not like CDPR had a say in that. If GOG wants to offer a game for a pre-order of TW3, that's their call.

I preordered my CE for ps4 on the fist day they were available, it looked good and I really liked how CDPR handled dlc and also that they wouldn't screw thier costemers over by giving exclusive content to one platform over another. Turns out they just care about the money.

We made the Best CE we could - it took us almost 2 years. It is not a mean to make money for us . We really pured our heart in to it.

This is not true, it might not have been about the money too start with, however as soon as that deal was made with Microsoft it became about the money.

I thought CDPR was one of the few good gaming company's left.
I was taught that a persons word is the most valuable thing he has so, at this point in time I'm going to cancel my CE.

Because getting a free copy of a decade old game from a digital retailer is not the same as exclusive items that literally can't be bought anywhere else. Its also completely different as that deal is open TO EVERYBODY who preorders the game on GOG. There is no excluding anyone.

The Gwent cards will possibly be sold if they finally put up a store. The cloth map though...

The Gwent cards will possibly be sold if they finally put up a store. The cloth map though...

Oh they'll be sold alright. If the game is good - almost certainly will be - I expect some healthy bids on ebay for these items after release. Starting price for a TW2 CE on Amazon is over 260 USD.

Last edited:
I wonder how many sales or money CDPR will loose because of this, its so easy to buy used games after all, or to wait for discounts, or to pirate, etc. and still play the game people were excited for..

This is a disaster, its classic internet exaggeration and trolling, but it was CDP¡s fault to begin with.

They only needed to at least announce this card game when the pre-orders became available, or before, or at least warn people that they are giving equality of gameplay, but not of content, since I think a lot of this backlash is because of how the situation was handled, and not its concept. Too late I guess.

Oh they'll be sold alright. If the game is good - almost certainly will be - I expect some healthy bids on ebay for these items after release. Starting price for a TW2 CE on Amazon is over 260 USD.

Oh for sure, really more interested in what else will be in there. Surprised it's that low. I nabbed an sealed copy two years ago for a Benjamin. Lucky since I was super poor when it released.
@Geralt of Bsas: I doubt they'll lose many sales. The only ones who will lose out are the overzealous. Sure iit's something to raise concern over, but to boycott, that's just ridiculous. Any cancelled orders will be picked up happily by people who missed out on the CE.

Last edited:
That makes no sense. Literally everybody that is able to use GOG gets that deal, but really the only thing I care about is that there is no Witcher specific item or content attached to it. So its irrelevant.

Top Bottom