Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Besides all the hatred: Anyone else super excited about having such a thing like gwent in the game? I personally love it as I believe it will eat up even more playtime ^^

No. Unless it's a separate thing and a multi-player feature the cards and rules look like they came from the 21 century, which is 100% against the belivable world and immersion they were talking about at E3

Because english is obviously not your primary language, i can fully understand that you have trouble with correctly choosing the right words, spelling and grammar.

I mean no offense, but i just had a hard time reading what you said.

Besides all the hatred: Anyone else super excited about having such a thing like gwent in the game? I personally love it as I believe it will eat up even more playtime ^^
I AM. :p
You know, I seem to recall that a cardgame was already sugessted somewhere, though I really can't remember where.

Because english is obviously not your primary language, i can fully understand that you have trouble with correctly choosing the right words, spelling and grammar.

I mean no offense, but i just had a hard time reading what you said.

Happy to see that intransigence is not in your mind and you have a lot of respect about differences even in languages, I saw that belittle anyone who does not are like one is the easiest solution.. IMHO

No offense, please ;)

Thy explain their reasoning here, i see this part of the post as we are sorry for giving exclusive items to one platform but we need to find ways to support our partners that will not hinder the game, or give any platform extra game content.
We will receive an incredible game from a company that listen and care for their player base.
I purchased the PC version of the game and i hope the XBOX 1 players will enjoy the extra items that thy receive from CD projekt red. if any of the other platforms will receive something extra in the coming months i will e happy for them too.

Please don't take this act as betrayal, i find it as the lesser evil as geralt might put it.
I don't find CD projekt red as a company the betrayed me, thy announced the deal early on and didn't kept it as a secret as other companies might do, any of you remember that bethesda announce steamworks a month prior to the shipping of the game? can two extra items in the CE be equal to intrusive DRM or locking the game out of other platforms?
I don't see it like this.
This sounds about right. As much as I'm disappointed that i won't be getting the items at least they aren't treating us like idiots and have clearly stated why they have done this, which i can respect and understand as they have tried not to shaft their fans. It will be a good day when exclusives are dead however it won't be any day soon.

Here is the exact announcement made by Marcin Iwinski
We are treating all gamers equally," Iwinski answered me.

"We'll not deliver exclusive content to any of the platforms, nor will we artificially delay release of the game on any of the platforms because somebody's paying us money for that. It's definitely against our values. We are not doing that."

I am sorry to say but the extra CE items does not break their promise, it is not a game content only CE merchandise. The game will not suffer from it, only our pride for receiving a bit less.

Last edited:
As aTW saga follower from the begining. I dare to ask you to prove you're not wrong. Prove it please.

CDPR has a story of more than 10 years working in this busyness, 10 years of work and experience, they have prove me they have do it right. So now, please prove me that YOU are not WRONG.

If MS is the knive and the other publisher used it as a weapon, prove me that CDPR will use it the same way, prove they won't use it as a new Chef cooking the best dish.

Prophets are not my forte, sorry.

I'll use BioWare as an example again. Made great RPGs for over a decade, all the way back to Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. They could almost do no wrong and made great decisions until EA took over. First thing that happens: their classic return-to-roots fantasy RPG gets delayed on PC for simultaneous release. The box art and logo are changed and there's suddenly terrible PR and trailers. Day 1 DLC rears its ugly head, including a companion. Head developer leaves as soon as PC version is "completed" but it isn't released for another 6-8 months due to EA wanting console versions made and simultaneous release. Mass Effect sequel gets its RPG elements massively culled and basically becomes a third person shooter shortly afterwards, though it isn't a complete loss and game is still okay, if a diversion in style from its original concept. Day 1 DLC again and special Cerberus pass needed to play any future DLC. Lead writer leaves part way through development. Dragon Age: Origins is released, but sequel is announced shortly after and is a complete betrayal from the three major pillars of the original game. One of the main writers/developers leaves because he doesn't like the direction. Whole art style is hotrodded and game style changed to the point where all three pillars that dictated what the series was created for are gone to make a console action RPG. More Day 1 DLC, including companion. Game an abomination, fans chastised for criticism by developers and essentially told they're wrong for having their opinions. Mass Effect 3 completely betrays the original concept and becomes even less like the original than ME2. Nothing but lies and betrayal from BioWare on what it would be. Day 1 DLC including companion. Forced Origin for PC players. Broken character import system. Forced Multiplayer (that 90% of fans on their forums specifically DIDN'T want) to get best single player results and unnecessary Kinect support. BioWare insult fanbase who criticise them. By this point the whole company is pretty much a lost cause and essentially EA Canada. Original founders leave shortly after. BioWare claim they've learned for third Dragon Age game, but show almost no indication that they have, once more copying popular recent trends instead of making proper RPGs. 1 week ago: Mass Effect lead Casey Hudson leaves.

Last edited:
Just sitting here laughing as I thought of this:

In all seriousness though, this isn't too big a deal in my opinion, but it is a bit disappointing. And I can certainly understand why so many are upset. Lets hope that these items become available to the rest of the people in some fashion, and that CDPR learns from such an attempt.

I'll use BioWare as an example again. Made great RPGs for over a decade, all the way back to Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. They could almost do no wrong and made great decisions until EA took over. First thing that happens: their classic return-to-roots fantasy RPG gets delayed on PC for simultaneous release. The box art and logo are changed and there's suddenly terrible PR and trailers. Day 1 DLC rears its ugly head, including a companion. Head developer leaves as soon as PC version is "completed" but it isn't released for another 6-8 months due to EA wanting console versions made and simultaneous release. Mass Effect sequel gets its RPG elements massively culled and basically becomes a third person shooter shortly afterwards, though it isn't a complete loss and game is still okay, if a diversion in style from its original concept. Day 1 DLC again and special Cerberus pass needed to play any future DLC. Lead writer leaves part way through development. Dragon Age: Origins is released, but sequel is announced shortly after and is a complete betrayal from the three major pillars of the original game. One of the main writers/developers leaves because he doesn't like the direction. Whole art style is hotrodded and game style changed to the point where all three pillars that dictated what the series was created for are gone to make a console action RPG. More Day 1 DLC, including companion. Game an abomination, fans chastised for criticism by developers and essentially told they're wrong for having their opinions. Mass Effect 3 completely betrays the original concept and becomes even less like the original than ME3. Nothing but lies and betrayal from BioWare on what it would be. Day 1 DLC including companion. Forced Origin for PC players. Broken character import system. Forced Multiplayer (that 90% of fans on their forums specifically DIDN'T want) to get best single player results and unnecessary Kinect support. BioWare insult fanbase who criticise them. By this point the whole company is pretty much a lost cause and essentially EA Canada. Original founders leave shortly after. BioWare claim they've learned for third Dragon Age game, but show almost no indication that they have, once more copying popular recent trends instead of making proper RPGs. 1 week ago: Mass Effect lead Casey Hudson leaves.

So history repeats? Then if so, maybe you might have no faith in a unknown company who made games without DRM

But if on the contrary you beleived that change were possible and you trusted CDPR why are so afraid with one signal?

Black or white, prophetes of the end of the world...I'm too old for hysterical fears and poisened accusation.... In my stranger country we said: Solo en la carcel y el hospital conocerás a tus verdaderos amigos

I'm too lazy to translate it.

Cheers

So history repeats? Then if so, maybe you might have no faith in a unknown company who made games without DRM

But if on the contrary you beleived that change were possible and you trusted CDPR why are so afraid with one signal?

Black or white, prophetes of the end of the world...I'm too old for hysterical fears and poisened accusation.... In my stranger country we said: Solo en la carcel y el hospital conocerás a tus verdaderos amigos

I'm too lazy to translate it.

Cheers

Because this too is part of the repeated history. I said the same things on the BioWare Social Network back when the first signs showed for BioWare as I am now. I was chastised by fans and developers back then too for being a "doomsayer" about the whole thing. Then it just escalated and by fears gradually became a reality with every passing month. About 3 years later, it had all pretty much come true.

Top Bottom