Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Would like to make a stand on something.

Guys - we will never differentiate your gameplay experience based on a platform you choose to play our games. Same thing with DRM - we will never back down from fighting it. You don't need to be afraid that we will backpedal on everything we've said over the past few years. Just like Marcin Iwiński said - gamers come first. You've known us since the first Witcher and we are still the same - promise.

This is much appreciated. After giving it more thought I think I understand the position Iwisnki and CDPR were in regarding Microsoft.

Just imagine CDPR would also put a single Gwent Card into every Xbox One Standard Edition ^^

Marketing is very expensive. So MS is not really evil, in fact they are helping our favorite developer ;) As I said before, this is something that happens a lot. But most of the time this results in special DLC like AC or Watchdogs.
CDPR found a very nice way to deal with this in my opinion

sorry...but ITS NOT THE SAME GAME CONTENT.

Tired of hearing that. If it was the SAME I'd would've preordered the standard edition. Personally, I think I must be nuts to give my $ to these developers on this collectors editions "junk". Now, those of us that do buy this stuff get burned cause they make some "shady" deal over production money that slights 2/3 the audience. If were gonna pay $150 for this "garbage" I expect to get the whole can....

Where did CDPR backed on the deal thy made with you? you received everything that they promised. XBOX one console received a bit more then what thy paid for.
I doesn't mean that CD Projekt red betrayed you, it means that thy had to give microsoft something for their assistance, asistence that will go right to the game as extra content and extra polish, all of us will enjoy the benefits of this deal. maybe this deal will be able to grant us extra dlc or such.

Last edited:
That's the entire comic, pre order bonus is part 1 out of 5.

You're thinking of the GOG pre-order. The Amazon.de pre-order bonus is an "exclusive Dark Horse comic book" (hard-copy). I saw references in the earlier thread that it's 120 pages. Something which the community seemed to consider acceptable at the time.

Well if CDP would put the cards and the map in the PS4 and PC CEs and then up the price a bit for their cost, it would all be perfectly fair.

MS paid for Xbox One owner's cards and maps, if Sony and someone else in PC wont do it, at least let the fans pay for it and have the full CE. Then again, im sadly suspecting MS also made sure they wouldnt sell those cards or maps in any other way or edition. Hope not.

Why won't they partner with M$ to make an cool Witcher 3 Xbox One, so you don't screw over your existing fanbase. But will reward those who want to play the game on Xbox One with a cool bundle, in turn selling more consoles (That's what M$ wants to do anyway right)

That is (was) a damn good idea. Better than some I said myself AND it would've been so much better for Microsoft AND CD Projekt RED AND their fans than what they are doing, IMO. The game editions should be the same, but just a custom X1 model would not upset so much people. Sadly, another route was taken.

I'm not saying any such thing. If you don't like the CE then you have every right not to buy a CE, but if you don't want the game at all then well I guess you weren't interested in the game in the first place.

As I already admitted I have enough of a backlog to play. I only pick up CE's at launch because many times they sell out and you can't get them later. CDPR obviously went back on what they said at E3. Now everyone (who appears to only have a standard edition preordered) says that extras in the CE don't matter....when that's ALL that a CE is...trinkets and goodies. You can go and support CDPR with your $60. I'm fine with that. You must like the Witcher more than me. That's cool. I'm just trying to express to CDPR that I do feel cheated and they lost a customer. If they would have given something....anything to the PC, PS4 guys, I would have kept my preorder. But not this way.

A year after the Witcher 3 is out...I'll be able to pick it up for less than $20 anyway. I can wait. Good Luck everybody!

Would like to make a stand on something.

Guys - we will never differentiate your gameplay experience based on a platform you choose to play our games. Same thing with DRM - we will never back down from fighting it. You don't need to be afraid that we will backpedal on everything we've said over the past few years. Just like Marcin Iwiński said - gamers come first. You've known us since the first Witcher and we are still the same - promise.

Marcin also said gamers would be treated equally and "no exclusive content for any platform". Untrue, as one CE has exclusive content. No promises now. :sad:

Paying extra $ for the 2 decks of cards and the cloth map is more insulting than not getting it included in the first place.

Not to me, if someone wants to give you a gift, you either accept it or not, if not, and you still want the stuff from the gift, you go and pay for it, simple.

Hey just out of curiosity, you said you pick up CEs at launch, if you dont think CDP is respectable enough to get their games at launch, then what are those other CEs or games you get at launch supposedly from companies more trustworthy or customer friendly.

Last edited:
You're thinking of the GOG pre-order. The Amazon.de pre-order bonus is an "exclusive Dark Horse comic book" (hard-copy). I saw references in the earlier thread that it's 120 pages. Something which the community seemed to consider acceptable at the time.

I'm guessing that the comic was a bonus whether you bought the PC, XBOne or PS4 version of the game? There's the difference.

If I see a retailer who has a better PC pre-order bundle than GOG (highly unlikely, I know) I have the option to cancel my GOG order and go with that retailer. As I don't own an XBOne, it's not really an option in the case of the CE. I'm not going to purchase a console just for one game, no matter how much I love the franchise.

Rest assured I won't be cancelling any pre-orders but I find the whole re-interpretation of the May interview a little distasteful. There was nothing within Marcin's statements that suggested he was specifically referring ONLY to in-game content. That distinction was only made in the wake of the XBOne CE announcement.

CDPR has always been a firm that I could take at their word and when those words were "We are treating all gamers equally," and "We'll not deliver exclusive content to any of the platforms" I took that in a literal sense as I've never had any reason to expect double-talk from them previously. I don't normally pre-order games (except Pokemon games for my daughter!) and this has certainly put me off pre-ordering anything else! I'll still buy, just not in advance.

Posts deleted.

Stay away from (people who use this hardware) are bigger fans than (people who use that hardware) pls. It's just divisive to the community without providing any kind of relevant feedback.

Top Bottom