Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+

Why would it? WHY WOULD IT? They just made a deal with Microsoft to make the CE more attractive for Xbox One users. That's it! Why would they suddenly screw up their other two platforms?!

Why would they charge the same amount for less content for other CEs then? WHY WOULD THEY? There's obviously some shady stuff going on behind the scenes, money exchanging hands, and other deals we've probably not yet heard of.

I think the biggest mistake CDPR are making here is that they seem to think the Xbox is still the "best" way of drawing in the Western Market.

I couldn't give a shit about the console war crap, but at the end of the day you have to face facts. PS4 is at 10 Million sales. Xbox One is at 3 Million.

The Xbox 360 might have been "The US Console" for last-gen, but thats changed very quickly. This is not going to help your Xbox One sales in the US and it's not going to create any extra interest for The Witcher in the west. All it's going to do is piss off the majority, who are now getting a gipped Collector's Edition.

Either increase the Xbox One price or drop the PS4/PC. This way the Xbox One owners are getting more, but they're rightfully paying more for that, and then everything remains fair.

I always loved that CDprojektRed gave that little extra to fans willing to support them. I have purchased a fair amount of CE's, some I regretted, but Witcher 2's first CE is still my favorite. So, naturally, my anticipation of their next CE for the third title could not have been more hyped. I have a deep respect for this company because of how they treat their IP and how they treat their fans as well as never neglecting the PC as lead platform.

I'm not really the typical forum poster-type guy, this being my first post on this forum. I'm more of a lurker, watching through the shadows, reading other's posts. This news, I've become fairly neutral to these past couple years, since more and more developers and publishers have gotten more scummier toward their brands and how they choose to market them. But this particular news came as a shock to me since I thought CDprojektRed was better than this.

I preordered the CE of Wild Hunt for PC the second it was available. I will probably still pick it up when it releases next february. But this choice of giving another platform, which probably has the least fanbase of the three platforms, more content, physical or otherwise doesn't matter, will dampen my enjoyment of a title I have the utmost hype for. I would have LOVED a physical card game and cloth-map. Would have been a highlight in the CE for me, believe it or not. But I guess I'm only buying the second rate Collector's Edition for your own favorite platform - PC.

An hour ago I would not even question supporting this company... this practice is despicable and a slap in the face to those that supported you even before you broadened your reach toward the console space. Hereafter there will always be doubt in my mind. Before, I always found joy reading about this company. Now you'll be seen as any other company to me. And that, if you are willing to believe it, breaks my heart a little bit. There wasn't much magic left in the industry but you had a piece of that magic. Had, being the key word. And I honestly thought you were aware of that.

Let's just relax for a moment and realize why everyone is complaining... about a cloth map and a card game. Sure I would've liked if that came with all the other versions as well but at this point it doesn't. And people will still get a map (I think right?) just not on cloth. And the card game is nice, especially for the extra artwork, but the world doesn't end with one person getting the card game and the other does not get the game.

What matters is that the in game content is the same, and at this point there is no evidence that it isn't. Sure if you feel cheated because you paid the same as the XBone version but get less, you are right although the world doesn't end with one version getting a extra piece of cloth and some cardboard card game.

And sure M$ might have offered CDPR extra money to throw in some extra's to boost their console sale, but making a game and having a marketing campaign for that game is expensive. So I can understand CDPR reasoning for some exclusivity for who ever pays some more. We can be glad that this 'exclusivity' is just the map and a card game, considering what exclusiveness other games have offered for the XBone. (Rise of the tomb raider, anyone?)

Let's just relax for a moment and realize why everyone is complaining... about a cloth map and a card game. Sure I would've liked if that came with all the other versions as well but at this point it doesn't. And people will still get a map (I think right?) just not on cloth. And the card game is nice, especially for the extra artwork, but the world doesn't end with one person getting the card game and the other does not get the game.

What matters is that the in game content is the same, and at this point there is no evidence that it isn't. Sure if you feel cheated because you paid the same as the XBone version but get less, you are right although the world doesn't end with one version getting a extra piece of cloth and some cardboard card game.

And sure M$ might have offered CDPR extra money to throw in some extra's to boost their console sale, but making a game and having a marketing campaign for that game is expensive. So I can understand CDPR reasoning for some exclusivity for who ever pays some more. We can be glad that this 'exclusivity' is just the map and a card game, considering what exclusiveness other games have offered for the XBone. (Rise of the tomb raider, anyone?)

That it could have been far worse does not make it any less sad/despicable though.

I think the biggest mistake CDPR are making here is that they seem to think the Xbox is still the "best" way of drawing in the Western Market.

I couldn't give a shit about the console war crap, but at the end of the day you have to face facts. PS4 is at 10 Million sales. Xbox One is at 3 Million.

The Xbox 360 might have been "The US Console" for last-gen, but thats changed very quickly. This is not going to help your Xbox One sales in the US and it's not going to create any extra interest for The Witcher in the west. All it's going to do is piss off the majority, who are now getting a gipped Collector's Edition.

Either increase the Xbox One price or drop the PS4/PC. This way the Xbox One owners are getting more, but they're rightfully paying more for that, and then everything remains fair.

You ma want to do more research. Just saying.

@Marcin Momot

Sooooo X Boners get exclusive physical goodies yes? Well CDPR ok so far.... buuuuut
may i ask then what are the exclusive PC and exclusive PS4 physical goodies are ???

Would only be fair enough then i presume ;) aye?

Besides all that.... folks calm down the game itself is for all platforms the same and THIS is the most important thing

I'm from Poland, not that it's any relevant. It has been stated several times that the CEs are limited and that there won't be any more besides the initial quantity. So no, there won't be another occasion.

If they're making this announcement it means that they are creating incentives for people to buy the Xbox version. Therefore, I assume there will be another batch, otherwise it really doesn't make sense to do so.

There was no outrage for the GOG version from me, and that's because I could make a conscious, informed decision, knowing the details of each deal. I could see and compare the prices, the bonus contents, even the terms of sale, and then make my choice. It happens that's not the case in this instance here.

So its not really a matter of equal value principal, you just want to know youre are getting less upfront. Fair enough.

Why would they charge the same amount for less content for other CEs then? WHY WOULD THEY? There's obviously some shady stuff going on behind the scenes, money exchanging hands, and other deals we've probably not yet heard of.

Well they most likely received money from Microsoft in order to add these bonus to the XBONE version (in the end, it's just a marketing move from Microsoft saying (Hey look the XBONE version is the best!)) so in reality, lowering the price of the other versions would make the deal completely worthless, not only for MS but also for CDPR, they made that deal to receive more money (from MS), by lowering the price of the PC/PS4 versions they wouldn't receive said money since they would lose it on the PC/PS4 versions.

Last edited:
Let's just relax for a moment and realize why everyone is complaining...about altering a deal after you made an informed - or at least you thought you would - purchase decision

fixed that for you, dont't be mad plz :D

Personally this doesn't bother me, since I'm only getting the standard version, but what do bothers me is that CDP Red promised that all players will be treated equally and that there won't be exclusive stuff on platforms (maybe except for som gog stuff).
Now they are adding additional content (which is ridiculous to be complaining about not getting it, but who cares) to the Xbox version without a word for the other platforms.

This isn't a real problem now, but sometime later one thing leads to another and we will have i.e. exclusive dlc's, games or whatnot.
That is the biggest concern for me right now and this exclusive deal could start an avalanche and over the years CD Projekt changes.

:sad:

Last edited:
Top Bottom