Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
How old is Marcin, 35-40+? I wonder what he thinks when he reads stuff like this.
a single post from him would not budge him but maybe with other loyal supporters posting similar displeasure it may just make a dent. who knows?
i am keeping my CE preorder as i think the game itself would still be a blast and i understand the business side of the story and i can't blame them too much for what they did but i will now get rid of my witcher 3 wallpapers, cellphone themes and just stop trying to convince people that the CDPR deserves a nobel prize.

what i can say tho is that i will stop preordering titles from them , not out of spite but because i hate the concept of preordering games in general unless you absolutely trust that a game developer would put your interest first, and as of right now, CDPR at least in my eyes was relegated to just another game developer who just puts out good games rather than the second coming of digital jesus.

tldr: CDPR/witcher 3 is now just on the friendzone.

That would mean losing the special price I received due to Amazon's listing error:

I'd have to pay £45 more for those cards. I am not willing to pay THAT much ;-)

Well done.... money is money ;)

Verily I say unto you, the era of the sword and axe is nigh, the era of the Wolf’s Blizzard. The Time of the White Chill and the White Light is nigh, the Time of Madness and the Time of Contempt: Tedd Deireádh, the Time of End.

I find this quite offensive, just look at the CE, any version, and tell me this is not one of the most beautiful CE out there, I get that it is a joke of some sort but saying that to one of the guy who made said CE is cheap, it's just a map and some cards, I am, too, disappointed to see that the CE I ordered will not get the same treatment as the XBONE version but really, it's not the end of the world, and it does not justify this kind of comment.

Maybe I am taking your comment too seriously or in the wrong sense, maybe you don't mean bad, I am sorry if it's the case.

To be fair inferior does not mean that it is bad, it just means that because it contains less it is the worse version, which it is.
While I comment CD Projekt for pouring their soul into making the CE, the outcome of that is dramatically decreased by having a better version.

Well. Truth be told, that hurt, CDPR. It really does. When you see a developer as PC-centric as you guys are, I felt spiritually noble when you announced that there would be no segregation of content across the platform (showing consoles that you don't need exclusives to sell a good game)

But then you do this, where you fall from grace and take a mortal blow by committing what will be seen as treason from a lot of players. Making a deal with the devil themselves to promote content exclusive items; to segregate your community and divide us, forcing us to be seen in some kind of caste-like system.

I'll be honest, it hurt, and I've lost some respect. But I know the vast majority of the crew had no hand in this. They are still pouring their heart, sweat and blood into this project, so I'm still rooting for them, despite the dagger in the back. I still have a lot of a love for CDPR, but I do feel like I just got punched in the face. Take that for what it's worth. Still looking forward to the game. Sorry that being a PC gamer made me somehow lesser in your eyes. :hope:

[...]

what i can say tho is that i will stop preordering titles from them , not out of spite but because i hate the concept of preordering games in general unless you absolutely trust that a game developer would put your interest first, and as of right now, CDPR at least in my eyes was relegated to just another game developer who just puts out good games rather than the second coming of digital jesus.

tldr: CDPR/witcher 3 is now just on the friendzone.

Funny thing... some day ago there was a thread in a famous gaming forum asking posters "why they preorder (if they do)".
My answer was (I quote)
"I don't, I'm actually against that practice.

...but I did preorder The Witcher 3, because those guys at CDPR earned my trust and frankly deserve it. "

How much has changed in so little time.

And yes, I'm a collector and I get really worked up on gadgets (also, on being treated like a second rate customer).

while i don't agree with CDPR's decision and all that are mad are entitled to do so, please stop blaming every dev for a decision made only by something like tops 10 people who have the deciding vote to aprove this partnership with XBox One

I can't afford to buy a CE but I don't see why are people so offended about some cards and a map, it's a prety cool CE without them also. I think that the W3 is not a xbone exlusive because of some cards in the CE, it would be an exculsive if CDP put extra missions in the xbone version like the watch dogs did. Than I would be furious also. And look at the simple edition which is going to be sold in the shops, I can't say any other edition which contains so many goodies like W3's.
Finally about the consoles, I think that W2 was also developed for them primarily. Look at the circle where the signs could be used or the combat...

Whatever.. it cant be undone now.. maybe they will learn something by this.

I listened to few podcast where they prised CDPR for having only one version of the game for all the platforms comparing them to games like Watch Dogs.. this will change.

Funny thing... some day ago there was a thread in a famous gaming forum asking posters "why they preorder (if they do)".
My answer was (I quote)
"I don't, I'm actually against that practice.

...but I did preorder The Witcher 3, because those guys at CDPR earned my trust and frankly deserve it. "

How much has changed in so little time.

I suppose it goes to show that pre-ordering is just not a sensible prospect and that applies to every dev out there, including CD Projekt.

while i don't agree with CDPR's decision and all that are mad are entitled to do so, please stop blaming every dev for a decision made only by something like tops 10 people who have the deciding vote to aprove this partnership with XBox One

True. Understand that the vast majority of devs have word in this decision, and that it was instead made by a select few who chose to deal with the devil himself and pull CDPR's reputation from its lofty heights.

Lets try to not let this black eye to CDPR take away from the souls that the many good folks at CDPR are pouring into this game.

It was probably a heavy decision for CDPR, I would guess it was what you call a rock and a hard place. They've earned my trust and I am simply willing to give them the benefit of doubt because such 'dubious' practices aren't something they normally do and I have no reason to believe they've fallen to it. If your 'trust' breaks so easily then it's obviously not trust.

You may call it bias or you may call it 'faith' or whatever you want but I find Marcin Iwinski to be a very people's person and not a customer searcher, he's open and frank about most things and speaks the truth and is 'down to earth' and especially considering his roots and how the company has risen the day I doubt these things has not yet come.

Look at it this way:
The XBOX owners will need something to play with, because they won't get mods like we will.

This isn't Marcin's fault though, so don't blame the messenger.
In fact I'd propose that we all blame Kinley instead~

Well, the same shitstorm over at the polish forum also. I already feel really sorry for MM, he is only the messenger. The decisions were made somewhere else.
I suppose Kinley should now avoid U. Like really avoid you? ;)

Truth be told, I don't even care about the item CDPR is giving to the XB1 CE version. But it was the act itself of segregating the community. Of basically openly saying "We don't see you guys as equals, we value group X more than Y or Z" I think that's what hurt most people. You were kind of seen as saints for your progressive stance on equality. But then something like this comes out of the woodworks, and it just takes you by surprise.

We're used to the discrimination and segregation of community from other developers/publishers who are more reknowned for greed and the like; just didn't think I'd see a similar act from CDPR. An eye-opener, that's for sure.

Top Bottom