Another CCG without a poisonous faction like NG?

+

rrc

Forum veteran
Thank you, @IvRoz....I had no idea what a "deckbuilder"-type of CCG was until I read your reply. (I had to look it up!) Sounds interesting.

By the way, full disclosure: I'm an old guy (aged 60!) who had to retire early due to back pain. Soooo....to take my mind off of my back pain, I play videogames and Gwent is indeed my very first CCG, having picked it up (as many did) after playing Witcher 3. That tactic works, generally, but...well....as I said, playing against NG repeatedly tended to make the ol' pain come back. Thanks again to everyone for their kind (even salty) replies. I'm giving Mythgard a try now (a wee bit confusing!....not used to mana at all, unlike most), and a deckbuilding game like Ascension sounds intriguing.

Also, I'm NOT giving up on Gwent entirely. It's too hard to completely break away from, even when I feel like throwing the computer out the window. :)
Wishes for your speedy recovery @KenLBlack. That is the life I am imagining for myself. Even in the old age, being a casual gamer and be able to afford to do that.

It was a little hard for me to when I started Mythgard due to the Mana/Gems thingy which I never knew (since Gwent was the only CCG I had played till then). But it gets easy with a few games. Play the story mode for some awesome rewards and to understand the game mechanics. It is like the tutorial. You can see this short video:
to know how to progress fast in your collection. Also, check out the description in that video for the welcome gift which gives 25 cards pack.

I know it is hard to quit Gwent. I have taken two breaks till now and came back to Gwent eventually. Mythgard is the game I try whenever I take a break. It is a cool game with a hell lot of new mechanics and so many interesting choices from deck building to in-game too. Good Luck!

@Draco_Aureum - Wow...I did not know that! I would be right at home in a toy store, believe me! @rrc, thank you for the vid link; I often read your posts in this community and you always have good points.

Thanks to all for the good wishes; I fear it's just a matter of learning how to live with it, at this point, alas.

And indeed, the Gwent art is second to none; all the other CCGs look like cartoons by comparison.

Mr @KenLBlack .

May I suggest you try a Rogue-like Card Game?

Slay the spire is the most famous game of the genre.

I totally understand what you are saying. I usually try to keep my cool but sometimes one can't help but to flip. XD

Thank you, @IvRoz....I had no idea what a "deckbuilder"-type of CCG was until I read your reply. (I had to look it up!) Sounds interesting.

By the way, full disclosure: I'm an old guy (aged 60!) who had to retire early due to back pain. Soooo....to take my mind off of my back pain, I play videogames and Gwent is indeed my very first CCG, having picked it up (as many did) after playing Witcher 3. That tactic works, generally, but...well....as I said, playing against NG repeatedly tended to make the ol' pain come back. Thanks again to everyone for their kind (even salty) replies. I'm giving Mythgard a try now (a wee bit confusing!....not used to mana at all, unlike most), and a deckbuilding game like Ascension sounds intriguing.

Also, I'm NOT giving up on Gwent entirely. It's too hard to completely break away from, even when I feel like throwing the computer out the window. :)
I know mythgaard is a cool game but do me a favor and take a look at legends of Runeterra at some point.

Thanks, @StrykerxS77x....you sound pretty adamant about it, so I'll give it a go, too. I was never attracted to the art in LOR--though to be honest, it's kind of the same with Mythgard. As I mentioned, Gwent art is second to none, but I give how many fans have hopped on the LOR bandwagon, I will give it a try!

Top Bottom