Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, another machine-translated CDPR interview. From an investment site, so keep that in mind. Bankier.pl interviews CEO Adam Kincinski.

Any of you Polish speakers want to correct what Google done told me, feel free.

How do you rate the reception trailer and demo of "Cyberpunk 2077" - something you surprised?

For the whole studio and myself, Microsoft's press conference and the E3 fair itself were a great experience. We were waiting impatiently for this moment to be able to talk about "Cyberpunk 2077".
The popularity of the trailer broke our expectations. So far, the game trailer released on June 10 has been watched on our YouTube channel 14 million times. We estimate that all other channels have been watched by so many viewers. At the same time, it was one of the most-watched trailers from all presented at E3. For us, this is an absolute record and a reason to be proud.
The most important, however, were the shows of the hour fragment of the game, conducted by us behind closed doors throughout the duration of the fair. The impressions of journalists after the presentation were very positive, many industry media enthusiastically commented on the quality of the game. Now, with a moment of breath, we have counted all the prizes awarded to "Cyberpunk 2077" at E3, so far we have received over one hundred, including the Best E3 Fair award from the biggest editorial offices, such as IGN and Game Informer.
"Cyberpunk 2077" has already started appearing on the covers of the world's gaming magazines, which is the first tangible signal showing how much potential this game has.

What is the schedule revealed further information about the "Cyberpunk"?
Disclosing the schedule of the promotional campaign would be unreasonable from the marketing point of view, because we would lose the effect of surprise. The campaign must also take a long time - for the first time in years, we go out to fans with a new universe, we must present them to the largest group of players, show rules governing it, build a history around it, but also awareness of the title among the mass audience.
One thing is certain - the strategy of promoting the title is well thought out, and the E3 is just the beginning of a longer story.

So at what stage it is now "Cyberpunk 2077"?
It is in the process of production. Currently, a team of nearly 350 developers from the CD Projekt RED studio is working on it - the largest in the history of the studio so far. Production goes according to the schedule, but we still have a lot of work ahead of us, because we have suspended the bar very high. Expectations are also large, which is clearly visible after our presentations at E3 - we are all very happy about the quality.

Everyone asks when the premiere will be. I am guessing that the answer will not come here, but can you at least refer to analysts' expectations, according to which it will be 2020 at the latest?
Anticipating the release date on the basis of publicly available information, the role of analysts and journalists. We, of course, internally we have this date precisely determined, but deliberately not talking about it publicly. We betray her players when we are ready.

How is the cooperation with you Strange New Things? How long will it take to integrate businesses?
We have already completed all the formalities related to the acquisition of the company. The integration process takes place naturally, because we work together on "cyberpunk 2077" for several months. In contrast, formally studio CD Projekt RED Wroclaw operates under this name since May this year.

Is it possible are further acquisitions? Do you have the eye on some other interesting study that could join the CD Project?
The strategy for the years 2016-2021 knowingly signed, that we want to grow the company organically. Of course, this does not preclude opportunistic response to business opportunities that fit in with our philosophy, business model and organizational culture.

The company has a nice cash resources, but still this year did not pay dividends. Is not considered a form of cash distribution to shareholders, buy back, for example? Or in subsequent years uchwalicie dividend policy, or in the industry - due to the large fluctuations in the results depend on the prime minister - it does not make much sense?
We have adopted dividend policy. We are a company operating in growth and innovative industry and, as a rule prefer to stop their profits and their destiny for further business development.
The dividend, which was paid out of the profit for 2017., Was a one-off. We decided then that we are sufficiently comfortable financial situation, we have provided funding for the production of consecutive titles and the necessary financial security and that we should share with shareholders profit, which was a result of the success of "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt."
We do not exclude, of course, the payment of dividends in the future but in each case in the first instance we will analyze the investment plans.

Do not reach to the board signals for investors interested in taking over the company's industry? I ask in the context of changes in the statute, which was introduced some time ago, related to the possibility of defense against a hostile takeover.
I would not like to comment on this, but I can say that even if we assume that such signals would be there, we are not interested.
We have a clear, long-term vision of development and we want to remain independent. I believe this is one of the pillars of our success.

CD Projekt is already in the top ten largest (in terms of capitalization) of domestic companies listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. After such a large growth rate managers and founders do not consider exit from the investment?
The CD Project is still very much to do. We have a lot of dreams to achieve and peaks to conquer. We believe that much more ahead of us than behind us.

Most recently, of course, we are talking about the "Cyberpunk 2077", but is also working on a new game - if you can say anything about it?
For now consciously we want to focus on the "Cyberpunk 2077", in order not to dissipate our resources and attention of players. There will come a time that a second project with the strategy say more.

Do you spend a lot of time on games?
Unfortunately, less than I wanted to.

Where do you the power to manage the growing group of companies?
Our strength is the strength of the collective - together is we're driving.

How do you imagine a company in a few dozen years?
In principle aim high, so the ambitions of business also have big. I wish for a dozen years, the studio CD Projekt RED was established, strong position in the forefront of the best game developers in the world.

I would also like us to successfully develop in many ways our two franchise - "The Witcher" and "Cyberpunk 2077".
I dream of commercial success also, of course, our next titles. In this industry, "the sky is the limit." To date, we have sold over 33 million copies of all "witchers", and we have an appetite for more.

For a long time a lot of talk about augmented reality (AR) and virtual (VR). Is the CD project does not contemplate the creation of games with elements of these technologies?
We keep our finger on the pulse of topics AR / VR. We analyze and test innovations that periodically appear on the market, but at the moment our team is focused on the production of "Cyberpunk 2077" and "Gwent".

And finally, the question that probably ask themselves all the players:
The first three "Wiedźminy" were the foundation trilogy, so I just could not call any another game "The Witcher 4". This does not mean that we give up created by us for several years the world of The Witcher, which they love and still demanding gamers worldwide. "The Witcher" is one of two franchises on which to build in the future activities of the company. Today, unfortunately, I can not reveal anything more.
CV
Adam Kiciński graduated from the Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw. With CD Projekt is bound since the inception of the company. In 2009. Was the leader Optimus connection to the stock exchange. After the closing of the transaction to the board entered the studio in 2010. He stood on its head. He has received numerous awards, including The Polish Business Council. Jan Wejchert in the category of "Vision and Innovation".

Last edited:
I just have hopes CDPR will go all the way (as far as practical of course) in breaking the mold.

They're already making CP2077 an RPG first, shooter second. Doing truly fantastic work with an open world and SPECTACULAR stuff with the number and variety of NPCs populating the city (I'm very very curious how that managed that). I'd just like to see them take it totally the way CP2020 does. No "superpowers", "Hollywood" tropes, hit point sponges, or the other assorted stuff we see in 99.9% of games.

YES, CP2077 is a game, but that doesn't mean the typical BS game mechanics need to be used (when avoidable).
Well, sure, I agree with most of that. I don't want superpowers or hit sponges either.

I'm fine with making melee combat more difficult and dangerous, but I think there's room for compromise. On one hand, you can make the style completely worthless in the vast majority of situations (outside of getting the drop on enemies or the occasional forced CQC encounter). On the other, you can go full Mirror's Edge over-the-top kung-fu nonsense.

There's definitely an argument to be made for nuance between those two extremes, and I happen to think that nuance lies in making the style viable throughout the game, but harder.

Also, I'd add that I really don't think CDPR "Has" to do anything. Time and time again, they have reiterated that the game is done when its ready, they are completely independent, and basically, they do whatever the eff they want, so I don't think they are bowing to any sort of pressure, direct or indirect.

If it was guns-only, sure, a few people would be annoyed, but we'd get over it very quickly. It's not a big enough component of the game. Now, if they got rid of cyberware, THAT would be something people would be upset by.

Last edited:
From what I gathered, CP is FPRPG, not FPS, so hope for substantial melee combat exists. I don't want it scarce and non-refined, or non-viable. 1st person doesn't concern me, although I'd like for the others motion sickness solutions ( I think I saw it on a website, not sure ). I'm not too interested in street cred only through wardrobe (dress to impress, or in this case,explore).
Something like certain quests increasing your cred, or a special mission to unlock a place would be nice. About player customization, I like the way they think, like a more refined AC:Origins style. But I have one request: GIVE US DEMOOOO!!!!

Seriously, It would shut a lot of mouths (and possibly open new ones, but still.)

Last edited:
hmmmm. thought it was going too be fps / tps. But have a question. Or am I seeing things. I cliked on link, then cliked on see deal and took me to another window, amazon . showed price for xbox one and pre-order. And something about Dec. 28, 2018. Am I seeing things?

It's just a placeholder, although, CD PROJEKT themselves didn't give any release date, just mentioned "When it's ready".

(Almost) Everyone here is doubting CD PROJEKT just because they opted to do a game with First Perspective, but why can't you believe them? I mean they did a great job on The Witcher 3, are you just give up because you think they're going to make a default FPS shooter? They said it's FPP not FPS, so if you can trust them, I'm sure they'll hear you out and make a hell out of a game as always!

The first three "Wiedźminy" were the foundation trilogy, so I just could not call any another game "The Witcher 4". This does not mean that we give up created by us for several years the world of The Witcher, which they love and still demanding gamers worldwide. "The Witcher" is one of two franchises on which to build in the future activities of the company. Today, unfortunately, I can not reveal anything more.

It sounds like the next AAA game after CP2077 will be either a new Witcher or a Cyberpunk sequel.

So at what stage it is now "Cyberpunk 2077"?
It is in the process of production.

Guest 4310777

It sounds like the next AAA game after CP2077 will be either a new Witcher or a Cyberpunk sequel.

I have a feeling CDPR will continue to create games based on existing IP's like they have done with Witcher and Cyberpunk. To my knowledge they haven't licensed any other IP's yet.. so you might be correct.

I recall the same number of 33 million from a while ago. So, it probably increased since then, especially with the recent summer sales.

The figure of 33 million sales is apparently from the 2017 financial results that have been reported around March for example here.

Could be both too.

CP seems something that doesn't need much of technical upgrades for a while, so they could produce their sequels as DLC's for the already created city with smaller team and less effort, while another team could work on something else. If 2077 gets successful enough that is.

I do hope, though, that they really keep away from Witcher for a while and focus fully on building CP as a formidable franchise. Witcher got the digital board game and Gwent, CP might (wishful thinking and pipedreams, I know) get a AA or A spinoff for a more classical RPG kind of gameplay and a closer adaptation of the 2020 rules.

(Almost) Everyone here is doubting CD PROJEKT just because they opted to do a game with First Perspective, but why can't you believe them? I mean they did a great job on The Witcher 3, are you just give up because you think they're going to make a default FPS shooter? They said it's FPP not FPS, so if you can trust them, I'm sure they'll hear you out and make a hell out of a game as always!
Nobody is doubting them on that basis alone. Nobody that's still here, anyway.

So if you've heard of Mike, you're already excited.

If you haven't, in brief, he is the creator of Cyberpunk 2020, the pen and paper ( Hi, Muff!) RPG that 2077 is based on! As well as Castle Falkenstein, Mekton, TFOS, Bubblegum Crisis RPG, and on. With his crew and family at R.Talsorian Games, of course.

Recently, R.Tal has done the Witcher RPG for Pen and Paper.

Mike also worked in the videogame world for years on things like Crimson Skies and Matrix Online.

AND he's a blacksmith! Dunno why I threw that in there, but it's true. He can make you an axe from -scratch-.

So recently he sat down with IGN to run an actual game of Cyberpunk 2020! A rare privilege! Let's watch!

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2018/07/11/ign-plays-cyberpunk-2020-with-its-creator

Unedited audio here, for those of you who like to listen in the background.

Last edited:
I'm not doubting them at all yet. There's not enough information to make any real conclusions at this point. I have my hopes and try to remain optimistic that they'll be realised.

Nobody's said anything about it. Waiting for that info hopefully somewhere not too far in the future.

Kyle Rowley said in his Gamespot interview (roughly 2:00 minutes in) that:
... so all the things you would expect from a CD Projekt Red game ... uh ... multiple different progression systems actually: skills, perks, attributes, like cyberware obviously, so yeah it's definitely a role playing game ... in the first person perspective.

Nobody is doubting them on that basis alone. Nobody that's still here, anyway.
I'm not doubting them at all yet. There's not enough information to make any real conclusions at this point. I have my hopes and try to remain optimistic that they'll be realised.

I'm glad to here that you both have your hopes, I'm pretty confident and I'm sure they'll do a great work.

Believing on them is something more powerful than we can imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom