Another missing/removed feature come to light

+
Well, there is a wanted system, albeit kind of screwed, and there are also Corrupt Police members as the game shows us on different instances, nothing new here
Scripted doesn't count. clearly to CDPR it does though because every feature they've claimed they have implemented has generally been a one off occurrence in the story and its a scripted event and feels like its only there for them to say "yeah our game has this!"

That does NOT count. Dynamic random encounters and working it into game play are what makes it count and make it more of the RPG it was claimed to be.

It HAS to be an engine issue, they were talking up the AI as late as this June. There's no other explanation, other than blatant lying of course.
really smells like last minute content being cut to ensure the games release and semi stability for said release. its clear that if any of the original features that were touted to be in the game, were still in the game, it would be far worse.

really smells like last minute content being cut to ensure the games release and semi stability for said release. its clear that if any of the original features that were touted to be in the game, were still in the game, it would be far worse.

If that were the case then I hope those features are reimplemented back into the game as part of an "enhanced edition", possibly to coincide with the next-gen upgrade.

If that were the case then I hope those features are reimplemented back into the game as part of an "enhanced edition", possibly to coincide with the next-gen upgrade.
Heres hoping but from what ive gathered based on my own knowledge and from others much more well versed in this kind of thing. it wouldnt be easy with CDPR's Engine.

I mean it's not like they were all working from home because of a pandemic or anything...

A lot of what was promised in 2018 has been subsequently removed. I'm sure a lot of people who followed CP 2077 in these years heard those rumors about a reboot and of the game being stuck in development hell.

Of course CDPR will remain tight lipped on the subject (public traded companies live or die sometimes on rumors and investors' whims alone) but all we're seeing and, what we're finding by "data mining" the files, seems to corroborate the idea that something went very wrong dury the development phase. That would also explain why the game seems so rushed not only performance wise (that could be more understandeable, even for the console ports, since the PC has been the main leadining platform) but also in terms of missing features, unbalanced mechanics, cut content and such.

I was kind of hoping to get a gang affiliation thing going. I would love to join a gang and take down some cops.

There is a wanted system in place. It just isn't very deep or complex.
Iirc it even has the same 5 stars that rockstar uses.

The cops don't really chase you and forget you exist in couple minutes if you break line of sight.

EDIT: I was wrong. They don't chase you, they just spawn ON you.

Scripted doesn't count. clearly to CDPR it does though because every feature they've claimed they have implemented has generally been a one off occurrence in the story and its a scripted event and feels like its only there for them to say "yeah our game has this!"

That does NOT count. Dynamic random encounters and working it into game play are what makes it count and make it more of the RPG it was claimed to be.
They don't even listed it as an rpg anymore on the official website. It instead now says "action-adventure game".

Guys, I know it fuckin sucks, but there is only a few things you can do.

-Either enjoy the game as it is, or refund it (if you can)
-Stop playing and wait for it to get patched.

I chose to stop playing it and just wait.....I didn`t have sky high expectations of this game, but I didn't think it would turn out like this either, I've been crushed before (ME andromeda), and I have learnt how things go in the gaming industry.

The best thing you can do right now, if its your first time being dissapointed, is to just stop giving a shit and go about your usual business.

Guys, I know it fuckin sucks, but there is only a few things you can do.

-Either enjoy the game as it is, or refund it (if you can)
-Stop playing and wait for it to get patched.

I chose to stop playing it and just wait.....I didn`t have sky high expectations of this game, but I didn't think it would turn out like this either, I've been crushed before (ME andromeda), and I have learnt how things go in the gaming industry.

The best thing you can do right now, if its your first time being dissapointed, is to just stop giving a shit and go about your usual business.
I stop playing too, but I wish they would make another annoucement telling us they are going to give us back the content that is missing.
Fixing bug is nice but everyone will figure at some point that there is a lot missing.

I stop playing too, but I wish they would make another annoucement telling us they are going to give us back the content that is missing.
Fixing bug is nice but everyone will figure at some point that there is a lot missing.

Well, ever since No man's sky started working hard on their game, I believe anything is possible...and I am HOPING, that they will add several things in the game to improve the general feel and QoL, things like interaction and RPG elements, I see as being not that hard to implement, but the AI can be another thing altogether....im pinning my hope on the fact that it isn't the small studio it was before and CDPR has the resources to do some good things...guess Ill wait till February before I lose my faith in the studio

Top Bottom