Another missing/removed feature come to light

+
I have to correct. There was a lot of dicussing when cd projekt red switched the tags from RPG tp Action adventure story. So at the time the comunity manager Vattier. If i recall correctly.

Insisted that is an RPG.

I have to correct. There was a lot of dicussing when cd projekt red switched the tags from RPG tp Action adventure story. So at the time the comunity manager Vattier. If i recall correctly.

Insisted that is an RPG.
that and in the making of videos one of the lead designers SPECIFICALLY says "Cyberpunk is FIRST and FOREMOST, an RPG"

Yeah the game is totally not an RPG

Not like it has character creation, different skill and stat trees, a leveling system, choices in how quests will go, a dialog system, an open world where you have choices in when to do certain quests, a full tiered loot system, upgrades and crafting, or anything like that.

You may not think it is a good RPG, but it is pretty clearly an RPG.

those aspects do not makle a game RPG. if thats the case then Valhalla is an RPG. they have RPG elements but thats all.

This game was touted as "First and foremost, an RPG" It is not.

Games a decade old or more have done a better job than this. it is a barebones RPG.

Here is a collection of things.

1608043462524qbkdp.png
1608042134634zxkcj.png
1608041998225udkcj.png
1608040263276d5jns.png
whenitsdone8ejto.jpg
surprisinglywell67kpx.jpg

After this i want to see how people can't claim that folk can't be legitimately upset. There would be a lot of stuff as well to post.

Well, there is a wanted system, albeit kind of screwed, and there are also Corrupt Police members as the game shows us on different instances, nothing new here

I did get a multiple cases of possible "corrupt" NCPD officers that arrived & attacks me after I finished a random "blue" encounters, particularly with Tyger Claws members. Bear in mind that I was pretty much finished them non lethally & I never harm civilians in those instances.

There are definitely some side jobs that heavily involved corrupt NCPDs, corpos, & even MAX-TAC guys.

It was always referred to as "Action adventure story" in the store pages, and always had RPG tag. Nothing has changed in the store pages between now and 2 years ago.
View attachment 11088566
Lol, why are you showing me Steam - and a recent steam image at that. So CDPR changed it on the official page, stopped referring to the game everywhere as an RPG, yet they would have forgotten to change it at the place virtually all PC players will get the game? Come on, lol. Of course they didn't just update the official website, they made sure it was updated everywhere relevant. This game has ALWAYS been touted as an RPG. An open-world RPG like the Witcher 3. CDPR even says, referring to open-world RPGs, "that's what we do". And I've never heard anyone, CDPR or anyone else, anywhere, online, blogs, magazines, youtube, etc. EVER refer to it as anything other than an open-world RPG. The game was supposed to be a huge open-world immersive, ground-breaking, dynamic, alive RPG based on the pen and paper RPG itself, which is why they worked with Pondsmith; to make sure the game RPG lined up with the pen and paper RPG.

Lol, why are you showing me Steam - and a recent steam image at that. So CDPR changed it on the official page, stopped referring to the game everywhere as an RPG, yet they would have forgotten to change it at the place virtually all PC players will get the game?

What is this "official page" you are talking about? Link please.
Steam is just as "official" as any other site CDPR sells the game. They themselves define the sales pitch, nobody else.

You are also now contradicting yourself. You say "everywhere" and ignore Steam? "Virtually all PC players" .... Cyberpunk just broke steams concurrent user record at 24 million users. I guarantee that is not a trivial amount of PC players.

Besides, they STILL refer to it as RPG in GOG.COM also.
gogcom.jpg

Can you at least read the text on the sites you are referring to? I am 100% sure NOTHING has changed on ANY of the sites. They have ALWAYS read what it reads there. You just haven't paid attention.

and a recent steam image at that.

"Recent steam image"? It shows the original april date because the image is from summer 2019. You have serious issues at reading comprehension.
I thought that you would've been able to figure that out by yourself, but I guess not. I have kept these images because you are not the first to make these claims,

Last edited:
What is this "official page" you are talking about? Link please.
Steam is just as "official" as any other site CDPR sells the game. They themselves define the sales pitch, nobody else.

You are also now contradicting yourself. You say "everywhere" and ignore Steam? "Virtually all PC players" .... Cyberpunk just broke steams concurrent user record at 24 million users. I guarantee that is not a trivial amount of PC players.

Besides, they STILL refer to it as RPG in GOG.COM also.
View attachment 11089820

Can you at least read the text on the sites you are referring to? I am 100% sure NOTHING has changed on ANY of the sites. They have ALWAYS read what it reads there. You just haven't paid attention.

"Recent steam image"? It shows the original april date because the image is from summer 2019. You have serious issues at reading comprehension.
I thought that you would've been able to figure that out by yourself, but I guess not. I have kept these images because you are not the first to make these claims,
Third-party sites aren't the same as the official website: https://www.cyberpunk.net/ba/en/
THERE you won't see "RPG" anywhere. It says "action-adventure" only. And on the GoG page, if you scroll up, the first sentence describing the game says:
"Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story..."
LOL! Also, it's listed as "Action - Role-playing" under genre, which they JUST changed (while typing this the client updated) from "Action - RPG". Hmmm....why would they do that?? Maybe because they left out about 50 RPG elements they said would be in there and left us with a bare-bones, hollow game, nowhere resembling an RPG, let alone what they promised, and the game is basically an action-shooter? Can YOU read the text on the sites you are referring to? Action game first, and "role-playing" second, whatever that is, because it's obviously different than "rpg" or else why did they update their client and CHANGE it?? Technically just about any game could be a role-playing game. Super Mario could be because you're playing as Mario, role-playing. Big difference between role-playing and an actual RPG. They probably didn't change it right away on their client because there are only about 20 people that use GoG and it's PC only, lol. At any rate, nowhere is it listed as a straight-up RPG like it used to be. The OFFICIAL website refers to it as an action-adventure game. Can't really rely on CDPR to get all the places changed, after all, there are in-game signs that read "text goes here" lmao! They can't even get the game right, you expect them to get their crappy little game client updated and accurate? They also stopped referring to the game as an RPG on Twitter, or anywhere for that matter. They have NOT always read the same. It has been on the gaming news sites and youtube. Look at all the posts on these forums complaining about it not being an RPG and missing tons of RPG features, etc. The game is trash compared to what they showed and promised.

As far as the game-breaking Steam's concurrent users, that doesn't mean anything. First of all, it had a little over ONE million, not 24 million genius (talk about reading comprehension), and has since dropped to well below half of that, sometimes much worse, probably from refunds, or else all those players would still be playing. That was day one, BEFORE everyone knew what a shitty game CDPR released. Do you think it would have broken any records if people had known the state of the game beforehand? NO. And actually, all those players were probably sitting there on day one cussing and/or staring in shock at the mess of a game they purchased. The game is split 60/40 PC to console gamers. But who knows now with all the refunds.

And what are you going on about with Steam and an April date? Release date? It shows Dec. 9 (right below the description that calls it an "action-adventure" game): https://store.steampowered.com/app/1091500/Cyberpunk_2077/
If you're trying to say you randomly took and kept a screenshot from almost two years ago, I say b.s. shenanigans...

None of that matters really anyway except for the official website, which doesn't refer to the game as an RPG, and CDPR reps themselves, which don't refer to the game as an RPG anymore either.

Also notice how everywhere, including Steam, they've taken the game off of front and center landing pages, etc. Same on Xbox. Cyberpunk was all in your face everywhere. First on "featured", first on the new releases page, etc. Not anymore, lol. It's buried in alphabetical order, lol.

Last edited:
You call that "official site"? LMAO
Wow, seriously? Yes, that's what I call it because that's what it is. Check the twitter page, THAT is the link they provide. Google official Cyberpunk 2077 website. Go to the CDPR website and access the Cyberpunk page from there. It's the SAME thing. You have to be trolling. It's obvious and easy to verify.

Top Bottom