Another PC Hotfix is available!

+
Just letting you know; a lot of future games are going to require/well over 100 gigabytes to install, and it is to be expected if you're going to play "realistic/beautiful" games. We are going into future.
Of course, this is understandable. I'm not talking about installing the game, though. I'm talking about a hotfix, which shouldn't be the size of a full game.

If you actually looked at your network you would have seen it wasn't actually downloading anything ..... If you had watched it sooner you would have seen "Downloading XGB/1.9 GB " and when it finished the downloading word is still there but when it reached "1.9GB/1.9GB " it would have disappeared and then the "Updating X%" would have popped up and yes it takes some time to patch 100+ files that are patched

At least that is how it worked on the North American servers, like I said I sat there and watched work in Windows File Explorer and I have a little Tray gimmick that shows my network speed so I know exactly when the downloading end, in my case it took less than a minute to download the patch but several minutes to actually patch all the files which was basically everything in the The Witcher 3/content/ folders plus the EXEs and a few other files

including:

• fixes to photo mode,

No, it doesn't. On my PC it still does not open. By default there is no key binding to Photo mode ("None") in the settnings. If I assign a key the Photo mode still does not open after pressing assigned key. After restart of the game the binding is lost ("None" again).

So, photo mode is still totally unusable on PC. After a full month.

And the stuttering is also still an issue. Game is next to unplayable on my PC (i7-9750H, GTX 1650)
😒

No, it doesn't. On my PC it still does not open. By default there is no key binding to Photo mode ("None") in the settnings. If I assign a key the Photo mode still does not open after pressing assigned key. After restart of the game the binding is lost ("None" again).

So, photo mode is still totally unusable on PC. After a full month.
Maybe you should take a look here, in case.

Ryzen 9 3900X (i know this is not gamming CPU), RTX 4090 OC, 32 GB RAM DDR4 4000 MHz, SSD NvME 5 GB/s and i got 30-40 FPS with lags in 1440p - with RT and GPU usage 30-50%, meanwhile i got 80-90 FPS in Cyberbug 2077 in all settings max + RT with out DLSS anb GPU usage 90-100%. It's something wrong with game optimization or my hardware ?? Should i replace a CPU ?

Maybe you should take a look here, in case.
I know that post... but I think CDPR should solve the problem. Or is Witcher 3 nowadays an ikea-like-game? Perhaps the whole next "hotfix" will all be like a "DIY" hotfix like this, yes?

I do not intendt to edit my game files myself. When I get GB of "hotfixes" from them, it should be possible to include that.
And it is very annoying that a problem like this is not solved after one whole month - but still are claiming that last hotfix had fixed it. Which is simply not true.

Last edited:
I know that post... but I think CDPR should solve the problem. Or is Witcher 3 nowadays an ikea-like-game? Perhaps the whole next "hotfix" will all be like a "DIY" hotfix like this, yes?

I do not intendt to edit my game files myself. When I get GB of "hotfixes" from them, it should be possible to include that.
And it is very annoying that a problem like this is not solved after one whole month - but still are claiming that last hotfix had fixed it. Which is simply not true.
Dude they just got back to their offices cause you know... Holidays? It'll take some time before they release something more substantial.

Holidays did not stop them to organise a photo contest for the broken photo mode. They should have waited with such things after fixing the problems.
We are talking about two completely different divisions. Or do you think the PR/Marketing takes care of fixing the game code?

Don't be so dramatic. They stated already there are gonna be more patches coming. They'll get most of the issues sorted out.
They already claimed with the last hotfix that photo mode was fixed on PC - which is not true. It does not even open on my PC. At the moment neither photo mode on PC nor performance on DX11 is on their ToDo-list which can be found on their homepage.

And yes, for me the organisation of the photo contest before the photo mode was fixed proves for me that they simply did not care enough to wonder whether that would further alienate the players with broken photo mode.

Therefore me not expecting to get any help from them is not "dramatic", but realistic.

Ryzen 9 3900X (i know this is not gamming CPU), RTX 4090 OC, 32 GB RAM DDR4 4000 MHz, SSD NvME 5 GB/s and i got 30-40 FPS with lags in 1440p - with RT and GPU usage 30-50%, meanwhile i got 80-90 FPS in Cyberbug 2077 in all settings max + RT with out DLSS anb GPU usage 90-100%. It's something wrong with game optimization or my hardware ?? Should i replace a CPU ?
The problem is with the game engine not your CPU. If you really want to just play the game then turn off Ray Tracing and crank everything else up to max and put a 60 FPS limit on it (It will help with the 2 main cores banging off 100% and thus keeps it from stuttering) and the game will play just fine. Here is my playlist for the game using a Mod that cranks up the basic graphics even more (up to Ultra++++) and a mod that improves the SSAO and the game looks and plays great. Or you can just wait until they fix the CPU threading problem so Ray Tracing will work half way decently but that could be awhile. I recommend watching Part 132 - The Battle of Kaer Morhen because the real time rendered cutscenes are so much better than the old pre-rendered cutscenes in the original version

Unfortunately? There's some real foul play afoot...and I don't know that it's CDProjekt's fault, solely. Many are noticing that things like HBAO and reflection effect, all together, are now becoming RT exclusive. I think this is because RT has been getting a lot of criticism of just being a gimmick. So, now? Whenever you see these sorts of RT on/ RT off comparison screens? The biggest differences you are seeing are actually things like HBAO and reflection effects that were normally able to be rendered/ observed on just by the general GPU.

turn off Ray Tracing and crank everything else up to max and put a 60 FPS limit
Interesting. I found several videos and texts that recommended to set FPS to unlimited. I wonder whether the optimum does depend on the system used ... as I do not think that these players recommended something that was not optimum on their PC.
Here is an example: https://primagames.com/tips/how-to-increase-witcher-3-next-gen-performance-and-fps

To be honest: I play on DX11, so no ray tracing anyway and I tried both - limited to 60 and unlimited - and not everything else at maximum, but rather decent. And I have had FPS drops and stuttering in either setting. (i7-9750, GTX 1650)

By limiting the FPS to 60 it helps keep the 2 main threads from banging off 100% as much which in turn lessens stuttering .... In fact in my system stuttering was non-existent ...... 5800X - 3070 Ti @ 1440p - 32 GB CL16 dual rank DDR4 ... However this only helps when you have enough power to stay above 60 FPS 90% of the time, with the frame limiter off I run around 70 FPS and sometimes as high as 80 FPS. Normally I would let it run at whatever it wanted but this isn't a normal case, it's a game that should use 4-8 threads trying to run off of 2

My settings were as follows:

Background Characters - Ultra+
Shadow Quality - Ultra++++
Terrain Quality - Ultra++++
Water Quality - Ultra+++
Foliage Range - Ultra++
Grass Density - Ultra++
Texture Quality - Ultra++++
Detail Level - Ultra++++

I'm also replaced the DLSS dll with 3.5.1 and have DLSS set to Quality not because I needed the boost but because the latest version looks better than TAA

Any plans to fix the Switch issues? Unable to open Steam so I can synch my saves.
Knowing that it's GOG which provide the cross-progression feature on all the other platforms, I don't see Steam "fix" it anyway and I hope that the Switch version of the game will be released soon enough (including the GOG too and compatible with all platforms).

Top Bottom