Another Romance Thread [Spoilers]

+
actually, I don't think LIs should be playersexual. Sexual preference is part of their character and I think at least in the case of Judy, this makes for a well-rounded character. What I meant was, there are personal preferences and sometimes you just don't find a character in your game you want to romance or you're the wrong gender for it and of course that galls, but for some people it might be the other way round.
I mean as a straight woman I always find it weird to romance women in my games even when I play a guy, because I just don't see them that way. Which means that my Geralt is still single.
But I'm not complaining that other people get to experience a Yen/Triss whatever romance.

CDPR should add more romance options with expansions ! Make them all BI this time. They have cool concepts of interesting characters they can use or even develop characters from base game as LI ( mox bouncer Rita or Mateo bartender). Here is some char art from cdpr they can still use:

Attachments

• SyJSGEMybieGBE0LBCScVwtA9pZBKkWLU6WHXBF_6_c.png
    SyJSGEMybieGBE0LBCScVwtA9pZBKkWLU6WHXBF_6_c.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 88
actually, I don't think LIs should be playersexual. Sexual preference is part of their character and I think at least in the case of Judy, this makes for a well-rounded character. What I meant was, there are personal preferences and sometimes you just don't find a character in your game you want to romance or you're the wrong gender for it and of course that galls, but for some people it might be the other way round.
I mean as a straight woman I always find it weird to romance women in my games even when I play a guy, because I just don't see them that way. Which means that my Geralt is still single.
But I'm not complaining that other people get to experience a Yen/Triss whatever romance.

I agree!
Post automatically merged:

Panam > Judy

View attachment 11133386

Wife material.

Indeed she is! :)

TBH, I feel like the gay thing is not meant to be an insult but I just do not feel like it's a genuine effort on their part. Kerry was literally the butt of the gay jokes, and it keeps being brought up constantly. He has no importance, and CD Projekt did both gay and bi-erasure with him at the same time. He used to be a bisexual guy who had a family and several kids, he was clearly stated to be bisexual in the board game and recently on twitter, but they erase him and make him gay, and now we know that from the tweet, he's not even into V but into Johnny, and that's the reason why he's not getting with female V, not because he's not into females. They literally change and mess around with Kerry's sexuality in a game where they said they want diversity and intended for characters to be of certain sexualities. His age thing was pretty weird, imagining them making the female LI to be some 70 something years old. Everything about the relationship with Kerry just seems wrong to me. I do not feel like they put that much thoughts into it, and I do not see a lot of people enjoy the romance overall. I would say I hope for a DLC to add more romances but with the kind of track records so far, I do not have any expectation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Takamura. He is very kind to me and helpful in the Arasaka ending. I really loved it, when he told Hellmann in the Arasaka AV, that he won't be able to walk anymore when he didn't shut his mouth and keep talking about us in such a derogatory manner.

I really hope the DLC will give us the opportunity to continue different endings. I really want this ending to be my personal canon ending and hope this opens up the possibility to romance Goro Takemura! 😭 I don't want River! I hope he won't stay in Japan or come back to help us...

TBH, I feel like the gay thing is not meant to be an insult but I just do not feel like it's a genuine effort on their part. Kerry was literally the butt of the gay jokes, and it keeps being brought up constantly. He has no importance, and CD Projekt did both gay and bi-erasure with him at the same time. He used to be a bisexual guy who had a family and several kids, he was clearly stated to be bisexual in the board game and recently on twitter, but they erase him and make him gay, and now we know that from the tweet, he's not even into V but into Johnny, and that's the reason why he's not getting with female V, not because he's not into females. They literally change and mess around with Kerry's sexuality in a game where they said they want diversity and intended for characters to be of certain sexualities. His age thing was pretty weird, imagining them making the female LI to be some 70 something years old. Everything about the relationship with Kerry just seems wrong to me. I do not feel like they put that much thoughts into it, and I do not see a lot of people enjoy the romance overall. I would say I hope for a DLC to add more romances but with the kind of track records so far, I do not have any expectation.

I don't care what Kerry was like in the original or how he was supposed to be, I also don't accept any random tweets as canon. I interpret what I can find in the game itself. I liked the Kerry romance, but as I've written somewhere else, I only saw it as a beginning, as a first step and it wasn't nearly enough. Like he finally got over Johnny and got intersted in V, the romance should have picked up from there, instead then comes nothing. They should have done more with it. Same with River. In case there will be post-ending DLC, I really hope these romances will get a better continuation.
And hey, there are so many threads disussing Judy and Panam endlessly, maybe we should start a Kerry thread.

"You can't only judge the things by result. Judy is childish because she can't see the real world and understand how to make things right. The good hope she want is an illusion from the start."

TLeining, that is because it is natural to her psyche type - what Carl Jung and later Tony Wolf referred to as Artemis architype. Judy is believable, because what she says and does matches her persona. If you ever met ladies like that, then when you meet Judy, you will recognize the character and your own memories will fill in all the gaps, and it will all make sense on a much deeper level for you personally.

It definitely worked on me, making a surprise rejection from her all so believable, yet from narrative point extremely unsatisfying. Imagine if Rachael waited till the end of "Blade Runner" story to tell Deckard: "Ow, by the way I am gay and it will never work out.". What would that do to the narrative of two stories? )) We do not need exclusiveness of gender-related romances. We need two separate well-written, long and satisfying romances for either preference: gay and straight. Plus, options to avoid the romance partially, or all together - via menu options before you create your character, or through narrative decisions in the game. Instead of satisfying just somebody specific, CD Project can make an enjoyable experience for everyone who purchased the game and invested about a 100hours into it - at which point it is pretty much a mandatory reward; V needs to have a family and home to come back to, he suffered enough.

And, for all those who says Judy is a lesbian to begin with. Her psyche type (architype) suggests that she is more likely than any other woman to become gay, which only implies that she might be going back and forth like the nature herself; she resembles natural freedom and spirit of youth - that is the essence of Artemis architype. And, even more importantly, life changes us through experience and no matter what our beauty types are (favorite actresses/actors, models, etc.), we fall in love with personality and actions - if both personalities match, then it is a great unity and a harmonious relationship.

Last edited:
I really get why Goro isn't a possible love interest so far. He has a mission to fulfill and Takemura explains that the only thing that has ever given his life a purpose is Arasaka. He seems like an ancient Samurai to me.

I think these flirty vibes between V and him (i play female, don't know how it's with a male V) are there on purpose, but his mission is much more important to think about a romance with a dying merc.
I don't think the devs cut a possible romance due to the lack of time. It's just not appropriate currently.

But it would be possible to bring in a romance with a dlc, when V chooses the Arasaka ending (and find a cure in the future). I could imagine to leave NC and follow him to Japan.

I can't believe we won't see him again. Every romance in this game follows a specific path and it's only possible to keep your love interest if you take this path. Why should it be different with Goro?

What do you think? I'm a woman and my female V is still single, because River is... 🤐 Goro is wonderful in the Arasaka ending😍 He told Hellmann to shut his mouth or he won't be able to walk anymore, if he talks to me in such a derogatory manner ever again🤭

I really get why Goro isn't a possible love interest so far. He has a mission to fulfill and Takemura explains that the only thing that has ever given his life a purpose is Arasaka. He seems like an ancient Samurai to me.

I think these flirty vibes between V and him (i play female, don't know how it's with a male V) are there on purpose, but his mission is much more important to think about a romance with a dying merc.
I don't think the devs cut a possible romance due to the lack of time. It's just not appropriate currently.

But it would be possible to bring in a romance with a dlc, when V chooses the Arasaka ending (and find a cure in the future). I could imagine to leave NC and follow him to Japan.

I can't believe we won't see him again. Every romance in this game follows a specific path and it's only possible to keep your love interest if you take this path. Why should it be different with Goro?

What do you think? I'm a woman and my female V is still single, because River is... 🤐 Goro is wonderful in the Arasaka ending😍 He told Hellmann to shut his mouth or he won't be able to walk anymore, if he talks to me in such a derogatory manner ever again🤭
What ? Takemura is so old and has this awkward accent. He doesnt pass to young merc V at all! He is like a good old granpa that will teach you few things though.

What ? Takemura is so old and has this awkward accent. He doesnt pass to young merc V at all! He is like a good old granpa that will teach you few things though.
I think Kerry is older than Goro. And we don't know how old V is. Perhaps 30?

Doing my first playthrough. But I personally didn't feel that panama was forced. In fact I felt it took effort to romance her because all efforts usually ended in nothing happening. Sure she is flirtatious but so are other characters. I mean it took one text to have sex with Maradeth.. My wife is romancing River and she says it felt about the same as romancing Panama did to me. I guess it's all in how you look at it.

SO flirtatious! Thought she definitely was bi until she curved my female V lol. River had a great story and a better sex scene than Panam did.

I think Kerry is older than Goro. And we don't know how old V is. Perhaps 30?
Kerry should be way older than Goro, he should really be in his 80-90 based on the timeline. I'm guessing the difference is that Goro ages normally while Kerry must have some kind of tech or surgery to keep looking young, but if anyone were a grandpa, Kerry would fit it.

"Romanced" both Judy and River in same playthrough, about 2 weeks and quite a few missions later no blow back, disappointed tbh :p

As far as integration into the main story, Panam is the most integrated. Also, that's not really a lot if you compare it to BioWare games, which allow you to take companions with you on quests and have them interact in the world.

I want that level of integration.

My first play though as a male street kid who had sex with female joy toys and Meredith as well I was sad that couldn't romance Judy 💕 but Panam is was better fit for him and became his wifefu. Now I have a question for about Meredith and Sasquatch first Meredith I thought you can only romance her if you pick the corporate life path and you didn't fuck her over in the deal with Flathead but now if you don't fuck her over you get a one night stand with any V. And then his Sasquatch who the fans jokingly were asking to the romance but they could have put it off but you didn't get to see her until you have that boss fight and that's it. They could do more with both of them that all saying.

As far as integration into the main story, Panam is the most integrated. Also, that's not really a lot if you compare it to BioWare games, which allow you to take companions with you on quests and have them interact in the world.

I want that level of integration.

And Fallout 4, for all of it's faults, Fallout 4 knocked it out of the park with it's companion system.

As for me nothing to complaint(except Kerry), pretty fair and standard for game like this. And most dude in this game are nice, unlike IRL, for sure fem V will received few D pics.

Top Bottom