Another Romance Thread [Spoilers]

+
Clearly the ending of Kerry's questline would be far better appreciated if you go off with Us Cracks and romance them!

Turns out they're all just one AI designed around fake bodies to generate music.

And love you! (or Kerry-sama)

Yes, I'm deranged.

I do wish there were more romance options but there is one thing about Male V x Judy (not using the x to signify dating, just their relationship in general) that disappoints me.
SPOILERS FOR THE ENDING

No matter what, you can't bring Judy along with the Aldecados if you don't romance her. She doesn't know what to do after her questline is complete, they could've atleast gave us the option to ask her if she wanted to join the Aldecados. Even if she said no, it would've still been nice to actually ask her

I actually kinda liked Kerry but anything happening after the romance kinda sucked.
At first, he texts you he's missing you and that it would be great if you could stop by (but if you actually stop by nothing happens 😂, not even some new line, nothing.
And his endings are the worst, really (spoiler ahead, stop reading).
Calling him on the rooftop is quite disappointing, both versions lead to him saying "sorry V, I gotta go", like wtf?
Then I did more endings. The one where V gives his body to Johnny is pretty aggressive, Kerry basically yells at V, who's already gone, that that's the worst break up V could have done.
Suicide is pretty bad Kerry blames him for being weak or whatever (honestly, you were the one Kerry who didn't want to talk to V when he needed you so, wgat did expect you idiot).
Then the Afterlife legend ending starting with Waking up next to Kerry felt kinda nice, even though it all seemed like they're just banging, no relationship going on. The last conversation felt definitely better, but I was just confused with his "bring me some olives, or you know what, I'll get them by myself". Quite confusing ending for V and for this relationship too.
My last ending I tried was leaving with Panam. Kerry obviously stayed in Nightacity, and I don't blame him, I'd stay too. But his last call was once again, aggresive. Telling V that he might forgive him when he returns to Night City.
To summarize this...Kerry is acting like jerk and when you think he's actually a nice guy, something goes wrong.

TBH, I feel like the gay thing is not meant to be an insult but I just do not feel like it's a genuine effort on their part. Kerry was literally the butt of the gay jokes, and it keeps being brought up constantly. He has no importance, and CD Projekt did both gay and bi-erasure with him at the same time. He used to be a bisexual guy who had a family and several kids, he was clearly stated to be bisexual in the board game and recently on twitter, but they erase him and make him gay, and now we know that from the tweet, he's not even into V but into Johnny, and that's the reason why he's not getting with female V, not because he's not into females. They literally change and mess around with Kerry's sexuality in a game where they said they want diversity and intended for characters to be of certain sexualities. His age thing was pretty weird, imagining them making the female LI to be some 70 something years old. Everything about the relationship with Kerry just seems wrong to me. I do not feel like they put that much thoughts into it, and I do not see a lot of people enjoy the romance overall. I would say I hope for a DLC to add more romances but with the kind of track records so far, I do not have any expectation.

CDPR had not made him bi as it was in canon because this would ruin the balance with other characters, obviously. And honestly I don't really care about the way he was in canon.
Also I don't recall any jokes related to his sexuality. If you mean Johnny, well he's rude with everybody, that's his nature.

His age is not a problem as well, he looks good so why should I bother how old he is, Thranduil is about 7000 years old and he's still hot :LOL:

The only thing bothers me is how short and rush the questline with him is. River's is even worse. Male romances are obviously way out of target for CDPR, and that is really sad.

I actually kinda liked Kerry but anything happening after the romance kinda sucked.
At first, he texts you he's missing you and that it would be great if you could stop by (but if you actually stop by nothing happens 😂, not even some new line, nothing.
And his endings are the worst, really (spoiler ahead, stop reading).
Calling him on the rooftop is quite disappointing, both versions lead to him saying "sorry V, I gotta go", like wtf?
Then I did more endings. The one where V gives his body to Johnny is pretty aggressive, Kerry basically yells at V, who's already gone, that that's the worst break up V could have done.
Suicide is pretty bad Kerry blames him for being weak or whatever (honestly, you were the one Kerry who didn't want to talk to V when he needed you so, wgat did expect you idiot).
Then the Afterlife legend ending starting with Waking up next to Kerry felt kinda nice, even though it all seemed like they're just banging, no relationship going on. The last conversation felt definitely better, but I was just confused with his "bring me some olives, or you know what, I'll get them by myself". Quite confusing ending for V and for this relationship too.
My last ending I tried was leaving with Panam. Kerry obviously stayed in Nightacity, and I don't blame him, I'd stay too. But his last call was once again, aggresive. Telling V that he might forgive him when he returns to Night City.
To summarize this...Kerry is acting like jerk and when you think he's actually a nice guy, something goes wrong.

THIS. I really like Kerry, it just seems that the relationship got totally fucked over by the endings. The breakup in the Aldecaldo's ending is just bad (like, how about you two idiots discuss this first) and the Sun ending felt like V was pushing Kerry away not the other way round. And the olive thing...no idea what this was supposed to signify other that he obviously wants V to spend more time with him. IF they ever do a post-ending Crystal Palace expansion, I really hope you can deepen this relationship in a meaningful way.

There's no balance anyway, look at the amount of content Panam and Judy have compared to River and Kerry.
At the end of the day, the game still suffers from male gaze. When they intend to put in gay characters vs having them available to everyone, what should be their goal? Is it about diversity or to just fill a certain quota. The fact that they change Kerry's sexuality and uneven contents shown that it's there just to say that it's there, and that's why I dislike whenever they put in gay specific characters because it is never for the benefits of gay players. They always get the least contents and it tends to be inferior. That tends to lead to lesbian and straight male options have more contents since they cater toward straight guys more or less.

Last edited:
There's no balance anyway, look at the amount of content Panam and Judy have compared to River and Kerry.
I think Kerry has much more content than River. I've got many quests with him after the first time I visited him with Johnny.
It makes me really angry to see River compared to the other love interests. It seems to be made without effort. But some great characters like Vic or Goro are only good friends.

I think Kerry has much more content than River. I've got many quests with him after the first time I visited him with Johnny.
It makes me really angry to see River compared to the other love interests. It seems to be made without effort. But some great characters like Vic or Goro are only good friends.

Yes, at the same time it's really easy to miss Kerry or not trigger his quests since V meets him at the end of Act 2. Vic and Goro would have been interesting. Meredith is also wasted potential.

Last edited:
Yes, at the same time it's really to miss Kerry or not trigger his quests since V meets him at the end of Act 2

Well this is hard to miss him if you do Johnny's quest, and Johnny's quest can be considered as main story no matter it goes in another section of quest journal.

And the fact you can miss somebody is not that bad for RPG, in my opinion. It makes the game worth to replay.
I missed Fenris when I first time played Dragon Age 2, he went with some absolutely unsignificant side quest which I ignored. But I met him during my second playthrough and he became one of my favorite videogames characters ever.

The bad thing is, that Kerry and River has no actual influence on the story, not the fact you can miss them.

Well this is hard to miss him if you do Johnny's quest, and Johnny's quest can be considered as main story no matter it goes in another section of quest journal.

And the fact you can miss somebody is not that bad for RPG, in my opinion. It makes the game worth to replay.
I missed Fenris when I first time played Dragon Age 2, he went with some absolutely unsignificant side quest which I ignored. But I met him during my second playthrough and he became one of my favorite videogames characters ever.

The bad thing is, that Kerry and River has no actual influence on the story, not the fact you can miss them.
If Panam and Judy were possible to miss, I would agree. But this is completely unbalanced.

I never missed Kerry because I do Johnny's quest, but a lot of players skipped it for fear of worsening the relic's effects. Makes sense from a roleplaying point of view. With so few LIs, this punishes the player.

I'm playing a gay female V who's loyal to Judy so I picked the only other dialogue option choosing not to kiss him for obvious reasons. So I was vary confused as to why Kerry wasn't calling me to initiate the boat drinks side gig. as it turns out the only other option besides trying to kiss Kerry is to tell him to fuck off essentially. Despite the fact that we are aware that Kerry is gay and regardless of the sexuality that I've been role playing for the whole game. Either try to kiss the 80 year old rock star or tell him to go fuck himself. Did they seriously think this was a good idea? Just more missing content add to the list.

Top Bottom