Any chance of Cyperpunk 2077 going exclusive?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance of Cyperpunk 2077 going exclusive?

Like PC and PS4 only or PC and Xbox720? Sony or MS could throw a truckload of money at PR CD.

what do you guys think?

if it goes exclusive on a console im buying that console. i hope its ps4 cause i dont like the casual route MS is taking.

Why the hell would you want it to be an exclusive?

In any case, all (past, present and future) consoles are inferior to PC, so I don't care which console gets the game, as long as it is primarily made for the PC and then ported to the consoles, as was the case with Witcher 2.

^What his irritableness said. The direction of port is really important here, i think. I also doubt it will be exclusive..why deny a market?

Given that the game will be released when the new consoles are just one year old or two, they should be able to handle the games graphics and what not close to the level that modern PCs can do. So Im pretty sure CDPR will not miss any market just because of a few PC fanboys. Those who want to play with a controller instead of keypad should be able to do that and if the graphics are ^pretty much 1:1 to the PC version wheres the problem?

Yeah, I've never really gotten how cutting out part of your market leads to mor emoney. But I am a humble small businessman and not privy to the deals of the MIghty. Also, I haven't googled it yet.

As a console and PC owner for years, I have never seen a period where consoles could come close to PCs. Not even close. I could quote GPU figures or 3dMark numbers if I cared - or remembered - but if you wanrt to drop serious money on a jacked-up PC and multiple video card solution, overclock it and presume it runs the software, ( very often the limiting factor), your PC will stomp every console forever.

It has to do with production times of course. By the time your console is in your hands, some crazed engineer has already vastly improved on it's components.

Again, this presumes the software can use the extra capability. That's why the PC crowd hates the port -from- console parameters -to- PC direction. Among other reasons.

I keep wishing it'd be a PC exclusive and PC gamers could hoard all the love, but alas...

Look at this way. When a game is released on the consoles, the console users get the vanilla game + DLCs and nothing more.

On the other hand, PC gamers get the vanilla game + DLCs + superior graphics(hardware provided) + mods from the most talented people in the modding community(if the game devs provide the dev tools).

I'm all for non-exclusivity for games. Game devs need to make money too, you know.

The reason why some people want this to be a PC exclusive, even though it obviously won't be, is they're afraid of the console syndrome, where you start adjusting your control schematics to fit a gamepad. Where you have to limit things placed in the game because the consoles lack the hardware to support it. Where you have to actually remove content they can't seem to comprehend or put in annoying hints in the game to point them in the right direction.

Obviously I'm not saying all people who play on consoles are like this, but a fair amount are like this.

However, I trust CDPR not to go completely idiotic on this, so that's that.

Reality is that more people(3x-6x) are going to play this game on consoles than on PC. and about half the people that are going to play on PC are going to pirate the game.

And just by saying that more people are going to play on consoles doesn't mean they'll actually buy the game. They'll either get it used or possibly pirate it as well, depending on how fast the next-gen consoles get flashed/chipped/whatever.

Also, did you know 103% of statistics on the internet are totally real?

And just by saying that more people are going to play on consoles doesn't mean they'll actually buy the game. They'll either get it used or possibly pirate it as well, depending on how fast the next-gen consoles get flashed/chipped/whatever.

Also, did you know 103% of statistics on the internet are totally real?

no, reality is that devs make more money on consoles than on PC its a fact. its also a fact that PC gamers pirate the game more than 2nd hand sales or pirating on consoles which requires it to be chipped. no way. and new consoles will even block used games so no worries there.
Console gaming is big money PC gaming is pocket change and this is a hard fact of life and devs need to realize this and throw their PC loyalty out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom