Any chance of Ingame footage at E3 2014?

+
Like Suhiir said. Three years of idea tossing and developing, half year of coding, another half year of polish. Were halfway in year 2.

that sounds right, and thats also something good that they are in an early process because in this state of production where they search, create and putting together ideas and gameplay mechanics, we in the forum have the biggest influence in the game, they are able to test ideas from us and maybe they will be in the final game

Forum veteran
we in the forum have the biggest influence in the game, they are able to test ideas from us and maybe they will be in the final game
Surely balloons can't be that hard to implement.

(Come on, admit it—you all enjoyed turning Flotsam into a party with the lights and stuff. Balloons are like that, but mobile. They also make great distractions. I mean, if a balloon popped behind you, you know you'd totally look.)

So are we guessing 2016 for the game, then? Sigh... avoiding jail and poverty for another two years sounds exhausting. This better be worth it.

Surely balloons can't be that hard to implement.

sure....there will be balloons..............maybe as a pre order bonus or the PS4 or XBOXOne get exlusive balloon content with balloon missions and balloon gear ...........or we get later a balloon dlc

The game has three alternate endings. An explosion that triggers the release of green balloons. An explosion that triggers the release of orange balloons. And an ecplosion that triggers the release of blue balloons! If you pre-order the game, there is a secret ending where an explosion triggers the release of 99 red balloons!
So act now!

You've picked up some very promising choices here ("Rainbow Six Siege" and "The Division"). It's all in 2015 though, just like "Cyberpunk 2077"...

2015 really can't come soon enough. D: Also I'm going to try and remember that Rainbow Six and The Division might not end up looking that good after the whole Watch_Dogs graphical downgrade thing, which was another Ubisoft game. But still, as long as the gameplay is there I'll still play the hell out of those games.

Forum veteran
2015 is unlikely for 2077, though. I don't know if that's a typo or wishful thinking on Safe-r's part, but the probability of Witcher 3 and 2077 releasing in the same year is probably close to zero.

Then, I want helium too.
So I'll can scream my joy with a funny voice!
Sweet. If we get one more person on board, then we can also start an Alvin and the Chipmunks cover band. Dibs Theodore.

2015 is unlikely for 2077, though. I don't know if that's a typo or wishful thinking on Safe-r's part, but the probability of Witcher 3 and 2077 releasing in the same year is probably close to zero.

Yerp. Odds are tiny, I'd say.

Sweet. If we get one more person on board, then we can also start an Alvin and the Chipmunks cover band. Dibs Theodore.

So banned. SO BANNED.

It's easier to count time left that way. Once you're in 2015 you're closer to any new release date. Besides, it fitted into the rest of my post. I know it's realistically improbable for them to release the game early (2015 was "optimistic" scenario), when - from what I've heard - all they have are design projects and prototypes, but that's my way of passing time faster. The other good method that I know of is forgetting about the game until it's close-r to release.

It's easier to count time left that way. .

be quiet..........dont talk about counting time.......otherwise Sard will hear it and create new countdown timers.....

That will never happen, a release of both games is impossible......CD will make it like they did it with the Witcher 3, in 2014 they make concepts and test gmeplay mechanics, in 2015 they will put everything together and program it, after the release of the Witcher 3, the team will grow becuae CP will be big main project, in 2016 they will probably release it but more possible is that the release date is in 2017 because CD want to polish it untill its perfect

You're being over-dramatic. I know the term is officially "it's done when it's done", but we have to be realistic and I don't really see too much substance behind the numbers you're presenting. W3 has been officially announced on 4 February 2013 and is supposed to be released in 2015 or somewhere close to that date. It's roughly two - or two and a half - years. CP77 was announced in 2012. You're telling me that they'll keep its release to 2017? You have to remember that time flows fast in the gaming industry and I suspect that CDPR knows that too.

2077's release wont be in 2015, but chances of an E3 preview in that year are way higher. My wager on the games release is late 2016.

You're being over-dramatic. I know the term is officially "it's done when it's done", but we have to be realistic and I don't really see too much substance behind the numbers you're presenting. W3 has been officially announced on 4 February 2013 and is supposed to be released in 2015 or somewhere close to that date. It's roughly two - or two and a half - years. CP77 was announced in 2012. You're telling me that they'll keep its release to 2017? You have to remember that time flows fast in the gaming industry and I suspect that CDPR knows that too.

just a theory of me nothing more..........also yes The Witcher 3 was released later than CP, thats true the release date of the Witcher 2 was in 2011, so they already worked more than a year on it before they announced it in 2013, also they worked a long time on this franchise, so they already had a lot of material they could use for The Witcher 3 this makes thiss process a lot easier and faster, CP on the other side is a new IP which needs much more time

I might be wrong, but ain't there the whole R&D (Research and Development) team working on CP77 in the meantime? If these guys were operational from the very beginning of the whole project this ought to cut down time needed to make the game, at least in this area. I noticed something interesting though. In 2013 there was a "very early look" at CP77. It contained a very interesting statement:
[...] The trailer ends with the message that Cyberpunk 2077 will be released “when it’s ready,” but in the hidden text a tease that on February 5, 2013 CD Projekt RED will start talking about its other role-playing game, which “is much closer to being completed"
In 2013 that "other role-playing game" was W3. It was "announced for 2014" and it's going to come out in 2015. A year later. It stands to reason - for me at least - that CP77 is more likely to make it in 2016 if it won't make it into 2015, rather than 2017. Another thing worth mentioning is that W3 was considered to be "much closer to being completed". How much is another story. We have (mid) 2014 currently and not much news about CP77. It means that we have at least one year to go. Maybe more. More likely more. That's why my bet is on 2016.

IMO Cyberpunk 2077 will be released by the middle/end of 2016 or in 2017.

Since they're just at the concept stage, and the witcher'll be released next year, I'd say it's almost impossible that the game would be ready for 2015.

A quality game, and CDPR makes quality games, is NEVER "done" because there's always something you can improve.
It's really a matter of when the Power-That-Be decide it's "done enough" to meet their standards of quality.

IMO Cyberpunk 2077 will be released by the middle/end of 2016 or in 2017.

Since they're just at the concept stage, and the witcher'll be released next year, I'd say it's almost impossible that the game would be ready for 2015.

right, they are probably still in a concept stage. When they released the teaser trailer, CD was in a reallly early development stage. The team who created the teaser (Plastige Image) said about it

The first drafts of the screenplay and preliminary concept art was created when the game was still in initial stages of core development. Parallel to the teaser, the developer fleshed out the game itself: its concept, style, look, and feel. The ideas introduced into the movie influenced game development, while the latter simultaneously modified the teaser

This means after the they created the teaser in 2013, they had just finished the ideasof how it should look and feel, this means at this time they didnt even really think about gameplay mechanics.

In 2013 that "other role-playing game" was W3. It was "announced for 2014" and it's going to come out in 2015. A year later.

"February 2015" isn't "A year later" than 2014. It's two months later. :)

(It was actually about four months, initially expected around October 2014)

My guess is 2016. I don't think they'll rush it out in 2015, as that's TW3's year, but I don't honestly see then wanting 2016 to be a "dead" year with no AAA title.
Either Feb/Mar or around October.

Last edited:
[...] This means after the they created the teaser in 2013, they had just finished the ideasof how it should look and feel, this means at this time they didnt even really think about gameplay mechanics.
Nice catch. However, they stated that they did think about gameplay mechanics and even made prototypes to see how they work. On top of CP77 being developed by a separate team within CD Projekt Red, so the development of Cyberpunk 2077 is not really affected (and that's almost direct quote). It was mentioned that they [the team working on CP77] did come up with some "mindblowing stuff" that was not to be shared yet.

"February 2015" isn't "A year later" than 2014. It's two months later. :)

(It was actually about four months, initially expected around October 2014)

My guess is 2016. I don't think they'll rush it out in 2015, as that's TW3's year, but I don't honestly see then wanting 2016 to be a "dead" year with no AAA title.
Either Feb/Mar or around October.
You are correct, of course. I was thinking more in years and less about exact timing. Still, as braindancer pointed out, W3 was considered to be much closer to being completed by the time they presented the trailer of CP77 than CP77 itself was. Meaning that CP77 might be less developed than I initially thought. Unless their R&D team wasn't needed to be concerned with what artistic team was doing, which is quite probable.

Top Bottom