Any chance to rethink the faction restrictions?

+
I'm talking about cards but mainly leader abilities which are restricted to the faction they belong to, like Mystic Echo or Strategic Withdrawl.
Maybe reach a middle ground where the ability is more powerful if used on a faction card.

For example mystic echo can be capped at 10 provisions but if it's a scoia'tael (or nature) card it can be 13. Strategic Withdrawl will boost only if it's a nilfgaardian unit.
Also I don't really know why Freya's blessing is limited like this, what neutral bronze can you possibly print that would be too powerful to resurrect?

I think this would help arena a lot.

I'm talking about cards but mainly leader abilities which are restricted to the faction they belong to, like Mystic Echo or Strategic Withdrawl.
Maybe reach a middle ground where the ability is more powerful if used on a faction card.

For example mystic echo can be capped at 10 provisions but if it's a scoia'tael (or nature) card it can be 13. Strategic Withdrawl will boost only if it's a nilfgaardian unit.
Also I don't really know why Freya's blessing is limited like this, what neutral bronze can you possibly print that would be too powerful to resurrect?

I think this would help arena a lot.
But than factions would be more meaningless. I would not like it at all.

How exactly would factions be meaningless?

They would not be. It is simply a mediocre response that has no basis.

From the point of view of the developers ... they would have to take the trouble to review the neutral interactions for balance, something that clearly does not interest them.

The new "design space" of the game is to make it as predictable as possible.

It's green? He is a dwarf!
It is black? It will enslave you!
Is it orange? Well, those are degenerate in several things.

Anyway, the new design space works perfectly, it's boring like winter, but they achieved what they wanted.

No. What we have now is a lot better than what you're suggesting. Why do you want to overcomplicate things? It's so unnecessary.

My 5 cents: factions should have restrictions or at least significant limitations (at least halving the efficiency of cards when applied to other factions).

I don't see a problem with current arena. Yes, some cards become useless but that is where you need to apply some strategy while creating the deck to think it through, and mulligans during the game.

Finally, if any faction card could be used for other factions, this will blend the game even more and factions will lose their face completely.

If you ever played arena i don't think you would say such a dumb thing.
Due to the boring classic mode I mostly play arena. Quite often too. And I don't see a problem that I end up with a couple of cards that don't have any synergy. That's the point of the arena - just like a gladiator you got to win no matter what weapons are in your hand.

Top Bottom