Any decks that make you feel frustrated?

+
Any deck using echo cards — especially in Dual casting mode. Every echo card is barely not broken in regular play. Being able to play one ten times is ridiculous!

You assume there is no point in playing more cards. What if I have been burned once too often by an overlooked Mahakam Horn? What if I am completing a quest? What if I am attempting a contract? What if my goal was not to win but to challenge myself another way — e. g. How much vitality can I pour on one unit? What if, God forbid, I interpret your pass as a request to see my remaining cards (since you could have forfeited otherwise)? Please don’t, in your impatience, always ascribe bad motives to your opponent.
I always assume the last part.

If my opponent can just forfeit but he pass with cards in hand, i always assume he whants me to show my other cards, and in respect to him i do that.

Also, when i whant to see my opponents cards i do the same, i pass and not forfeit and hope my opponent show me his cards.

So, in contrary, if i pass and my opponent doesnt show me his cards, i wont GG him

I always assume the last part.

If my opponent can just forfeit but he pass with cards in hand, i always assume he whants me to show my other cards, and in respect to him i do that.

Also, when i whant to see my opponents cards i do the same, i pass and not forfeit and hope my opponent show me his cards.

So, in contrary, if i pass and my opponent doesnt show me his cards, i wont GG him
But why would you want to see your opponents cards? Seems like there aren't many exciting decks out there anyway.
You most likely know what cards he/she has still in hand due to the repetitiveness of the ten or so decks most play.

Echo should not be a thing, especially oneiromancy. If they changed oneiromancy into something that would be in your starting hand like sunset wanderers or torque, with a nerf to provisions to accommodate that kind of a change, I would be fine with that.

While I agree with you @ianann to an extent, there are a few decks I have played against that weren't mundane where I do want to see what the other person has. I feel that if the opponent is playing a meta deck, then they should know that everyone has seen it at this point and should not play out the rest of their hand, but if they are running a truly unique, homebrewed deck, I am interested in seeing it.

But even then, there is the topic of how that player may be trying to complete a contract before they stop playing, and those last few cards are all they need to do it. Contracts like bodybuilder, 10/10, ch-ch-changes, etc. can be hard to get if you don't have the right conditions for it.

But why would you want to see your opponents cards? Seems like there aren't many exciting decks out there anyway.
You most likely know what cards he/she has still in hand due to the repetitiveness of the ten or so decks most play.
Well, i agree in the moment its really, really situational i want to my opponent shows his cards. But in the past, where i dont know all the cards and decks i want that.

But also, since i already wanted to my opponent show his hands, i assume when my opponent just pass he wants me to show my hand.

Also, since there is the forfeit button, and you arent punished for do that (unless, of course, you forfeit a lot and not play, but that is another history) there is no reason to my opponent just pass and dont forfeit.

And with all the respect, who does that and dont whant to see the cards, for me its .................. well, you all know, but i cant say or devs will say i am disrespectfull.

Or, at least its arrogant because dont whant to forfeit but also expect the opponents has cristal ball and predict you just dont whant to forfeit and expect the opponent just pass too

Last edited:
There is no creativity across the entire player base. None. Nobody tries to build their own deck, aside from I suppose a few on here. But the VAST majority just copy something they've seen.

Alongside that, every NG deck is disgusting to play against. Whether beating you with your own cards, or milling/clogging, it's pathetic.

It's not just a desperately pointless game, repetitively boring, it's one that has no positive value. No games make you satisfied and some decks - mainly NG - leave you angry.

I've realised that the two biggest issues with Gwent are:

1. Lack of interaction; Coins, Traps, NG mill or clog, creating very unpleasant matches that are unfulfilling and frustrating.
2. Narrow archetypes limiting card choice, creating very repetitive matchups (fuelled by a complete lack of creativity in the player base).

Last edited:
I will probably repeat myself because someone has already written about it, but the deck consists only of vampires and the card Hidden. Are you trying to play any cards? How cool let me stop you from playing while constantly adding bleeding so you can't play with any cards. And sucker who I was playing with kept using the cheers to annoy me even more. So definitely GG from start to end.

I will probably repeat myself because someone has already written about it, but the deck consists only of vampires and the card Hidden. Are you trying to play any cards? How cool let me stop you from playing while constantly adding bleeding so you can't play with any cards. And sucker who I was playing with kept using the cheers to annoy me even more. So definitely GG from start to end.
I feel you. Sometimes I just insta-forfeit. Btw. Seems like 18 out of 20 decks at rank 2 are boring and stupidly annoying NG Netdecks. Seriously … WTF? There are btw. many players out there who seem to only play their netdecks and as soon as s.o. comes around with a balanced ´multitool´-deck they clearly have no plan how to deal with it and try to keep playing their boring script. Both ridiculous and frustrating.

Its not just rank 2. I've been trying to get to rank 4 for 3 weeks and keep running into the same 3 or 4 decks all the time. NG, Spellatael, Lined Pockets and relicts.

Fun fact: Playing thronebreaker now and then which in fact feels a bit awkward as the cards have completely different abilities in comparison. The Quests and general battles though are WAY more interesting and demanding.

PS: Spellia`tael+Gord
PPS: Monster with all-time frozen rows.
Can`t take it anymore. See you around tomorrow. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom