Any decks that make you feel frustrated?

+
Traps and Insects swarm, both abuse lack of counters. Yes, you can tech against AQ, but then you will suck against everything else.
SK. Is just brainless points+control.
Mill and Clog, just delete this clownery from the Game.

I do not frustrate actually, but rather get no joy playing Gwent in those moments. It just feels like a boring and pointless action.
Just curious, what do you find left to play?

Traps and Insects swarm, both abuse lack of counters. Yes, you can tech against AQ, but then you will suck against everything else.
SK. Is just brainless points+control.
Mill and Clog, just delete this clownery from the Game.

I do not frustrate actually, but rather get no joy playing Gwent in those moments. It just feels like a boring and pointless action.
Well trap decks can be easily countered strategic wise, just need to bleed r2 so Eldain wont bring many points in the end

Guys, those of you who play meta decks and you basically repeat the same thing again and again, is it fun? I never tried before, always try to put some thinking into playing, but recently I have only played against zillions drones or something like that. I dont remember playing agains syndicate or skwlige, usually meta monsters or meta NR - I really want to understand why the whole gwent turned into meta parade. There is just no fun, no joy anymore.

Guys, those of you who play meta decks and you basically repeat the same thing again and again, is it fun? I never tried before, always try to put some thinking into playing, but recently I have only played against zillions drones or something like that. I dont remember playing agains syndicate or skwlige, usually meta monsters or meta NR - I really want to understand why the whole gwent turned into meta parade. There is just no fun, no joy anymore.
I think its like a snowball.

Since devs dont put a filter, everyone starts to use metadecks to complete contracts and win some games.

So you start with a different deck. Play against a lot of metadecks, lose almost all the matches. You get upset about that and decide tô use a metadeck to win some games and complete The contracts.

Than, you friend happens The same. Than another player happens The same and go on.

After, everyone Will be using metadecks

No unit ST in all it's forms for example this deck:

MO Viy decks because unlimited carry-over is just stupid:

NG Quad Joachim decks because it's broken

And MO Keltullis lists are also very stupid

Decks like these ruin the whole Gwent experience.

Actually most everything in this meta.
I haven't been around pre-Homecoming, but the game seems to be more powercrept than ever before. It hurts.
It got to the point where there're a few powerhouse card combos and digressing from them on ladder (even memeing up your otherwise meta deck a bit) leads to 100% defeat, except for when your opponents make stupid mistakes. Control-heavy decks are allowed to pointslam really hard, even though control/points are supposed to be a zero-sum game in deckbuilding. Double Ball and Triple Duel both were a terrible warning, and yet here we are again, and it's worse than ever.

That said, SY is the worst offender in terms of annoyance. Most spenders are effectively engines, and for some reason they're allowed to be both tempo and greed cards with minimal preparation and almost no usual engine risks. Coins and great spenders aren't hard to come by nowadays, and this advantage of explosive points is no longer held back by somewhat poor final points evaluation. Now it's just broken. Whoreson might well be the most overtuned card in the game in the sense he does far too much stuff all on his own.

It's time for either taking a break till the next expansion or just throwing a milly fit.

No unit ST in all it's forms for example this deck:

MO Viy decks because unlimited carry-over is just stupid:

NG Quad Joachim decks because it's broken

And MO Keltullis lists are also very stupid

Decks like these ruin the whole Gwent experience.
Forgot to add NG Mill

Lol where to start ?? I'm a Nilfgaard fan, but since day one the only decent NG deck (I mean really strong and enjoyable) was NG poison. Yes [...] were all over the forums so now it s dead. But is worst than those elven deadeyes spam with traps spam ?? Or SK spamming gold cards with huge base value for little cost (not even talking about their bronzes that are op as always). Yes I could rant about NR too but my point is NG is unplayable most of the time because the game is unbalanced af and at this point i don t think it ever will be. I'm trying to get 100 wins with tactical decision but even most leaders are weak .... Some will argue "yeah but some matchup blablabla ..." no just no. Most are playing meta decks and NG can't compete with them.

You know what REALLY frustrates me? Decks that I run that have cards that chain together, or leverage the faction power. And then because gwent is such a 'pretty' game, it takes 10 seconds to process the card I'm playing, and when you have multiple cards played in the same turn, you sometimes run out of time because the developers deemed it more important to look pretty than the functionality of the cards being played on time.

If I don't start my turn immediately sometimes, I find that the animations hurt me more than anything the other player does.

You know what REALLY frustrates me? Decks that I run that have cards that chain together, or leverage the faction power. And then because gwent is such a 'pretty' game, it takes 10 seconds to process the card I'm playing, and when you have multiple cards played in the same turn, you sometimes run out of time because the developers deemed it more important to look pretty than the functionality of the cards being played on time.

If I don't start my turn immediately sometimes, I find that the animations hurt me more than anything the other player does.
I agree -- except I broaden your complaint. I get frustrated when certain statuses (most notably veil and shield) are virtually invisible against a busy background. I hate when I am asked to choose cards without clear notification of what I am choosing the card for, or in what order I am choosing. I hate when I click a card, but the interface does not take the click -- or is so laggy that I have clicked again and turned the selection off before it reacts. There are certain NR decks I wish to play and simply cannot because the interface is so clunky.

clogs + kolgrim prolly made more people quit this game than anything, also ST traps, because theres nothing better than having no input playing against these braindead horrible designes

clogs + kolgrim prolly made more people quit this game than anything, also ST traps, because theres nothing better than having no input playing against these braindead horrible designes
I am so tired of every deck a player does not like being called "braindead". Clog decks are somewhat hard to navigate and design. It is not trivial to design a clog deck that consistently draws clogging cards early enough to be useful and has anything to win with anything other than kolgrim (one round does not win a match). And it is not trivial to decide when and what to use to clog an opponent's deck or how to keep Kolgrim from being locked, reset, or destroyed while still generating enough points to matter. Traps are even trickier. Deciding how to play traps to obtain meaningful value and to avoid being played around is not trivial.

Moreover, both these decks help counter certain excesses in Gwent. Traps (and other noninteractive decks) force players to balance decks with pro-active as well as reactive strategies -- and this creates more varied and interesting decks. Clogging is only effective when you are filling a hand with relatively useless junk. Since most clogging cards copy cards the opponent has played, it discourages the extreme deck polarizing (taking only very high provision cards with very low provision cards -- intending to either mulligan most of the low provision cards, or play them at non-critical points -- like early round 1). It would be a non-issue if all cards were chosen to play for nearly equal value. Thus, clogging also serves as a balance for an extreme, binary style of play that is far more damaging to Gwent that the existence of clogging strategies.

Clogging for sure. not board but deckclogging. If you kill everything i put on board oh well it's the game. I get frustrated if I can't play the deck i build because i only draw tokens and the watcher. I don't care if it's a difficult strategy. It just frustrates my and this was the question.

Basicaly any deck based on non interective leader habilities, such has overwhelming hunger, ursine ritual or Inspired zeal. Basicaly decks that work with a leader-card combo that you can't avoid, usually with a incredible point slam. They seem terribly braindead to me and kills any board construction tactic this game could have.

I recently came back to Gwent and queued against a Viy deck. I'm impressed at how strong this deck is but it's built around 1 card. I'm still trying to figure out how to beat this deck, any suggestions?

I recently came back to Gwent and queued against a Viy deck. I'm impressed at how strong this deck is but it's built around 1 card. I'm still trying to figure out how to beat this deck, any suggestions?
You can play Nilfgard mill (once Viy is gone the deck crumbles), with NR you can get a deck with Ihuarraquax + Margarita once Viy goes back in the deck (expensive combo though, may not help against all decks) or just outpoint them with ST dwarves or other greedy decks. Really what best suits your playing style. Good luck, Viy is very annoying when it gets out of hand.

Top Bottom